Chapter 10

In Time By Your Side

You woke up slowly. It was Monday which meant school, but you really weren't in the mood. You stretched your arms then your legs and stood up to start getting ready. You took out your school uniform and then began thinking about yesterday with Kai. You started smiling so widely and started to blush you held your unform tightly close to you. You felt so happy thinking about yesterday. "Maybe Kai and I will really become something..." The thought made a million butterflies flutter in your stomach. The idea seemed to good to be true, but nothing was impossible.

Kai was outside waiting for you. It had been a few days since Kai picked you up in the morning for school. You were so relieved things were actually starting to go back to normal. You saw Kai outside your window and your heart started to beat faster. But not in a nervous way, you were super happy. It was weird to you.. with Tao you always felt so nervous when you saw him but with Kai you just felt happy. It seemed like Tao was just a small crush for you afterall.

You rushed down stairs, totally forgetting about making your dad breakfast or eating breakfast yourself. "Kai!" you said running up to him, a huge smile on your face.

"Wa~ Someone looks super happy today huh?" he said smiling back at you. "You came out a little earlier than usual... did you forget to make your dad something to eat?"

"Ah, shoot!" You murmured as you began to walk back to the house. Kai grabbed onto your wrist to stop you, he pulled a bag of roasted seaweed out of his pocket. 

"My snack for today, but give it your dad okay? My mum made it, I mean she fixed up the seasoning. It tastes the best!" He said. You giggled and quickly went into the house and left it on the table for your dad.

 

 

As you got closer to the school you started to feel unstable. You didn't even notice you were holding onto Kai harder than you normally did. Kai probably noticed because he asked you if you were alright. It was pretty obvious what was going through your mind right now. Tao, the rumors..... what would it be like  when you see him again? Will the rumors be stopped? 

You finally arrived at school. You didn't want to go to class yet so you walked with Kai to the bike racks to lock up his bike. Actually you just didn't want to leave from Kai. You felt protected by him and you were scared to go to class. You were scared of what would happen if he wasn't there. 

"Lets go to class now." he said taking your hand. You just nodded your head. You knew Kai could tell you didn't want to and that you were nervous. He walked you to your classroom and before you went in he stopped you, "Have a good day okay. I will see you in the basement during lunch. If anyone harrasses you just tell me, okay?" He gave you a quick hug then left to go to his class. You really loved Kai. You felt a little confidence going into the classroom after having reassurance Kai would be there for you. You opened the door and everyone's eyes were on you. The first seat your eyes went to was Tao's. He wasn't there yet so you let out a huge breath of relief. When you sat down you also noticed SoHee wasn't there. You also noticed there wasn't as much snickering going around as there had been last week, but there was still some. 

It was about one minute before the late bell rang when the door opened. It was Tao and SoHee. Tao with his usual poker face and SoHee around his arm. Everyone looked so shocked, yet there were a few people who looked like they already knew what was going on. You almost felt your heart drop. What was going on? Tao and SoHee walked to their seats, together, still attatched. When SoHee sat down she gave you a bright smile and waved at you. You barley gave her a smile back. How could you? You were so confused.

You knew Tao liked SoHee, he already told you that.

But now they were together so quickly? It had only been barley 2 days ago.

SoHee was your bestfriend there was never a time she didn't tell you about who she liked or who she was going out with before they even became official.

And now she walks through the door like this? 

Was there something you didn't know about it?

What was SoHee keeping from you?

All of these thoughts started racing through your head, crashing into each other. You felt your head throbbing and you wanted to scream. You didn't even pay attention to the lesson. You couldn't. You wanted lunch time to come faster than you ever had before.

And finally, even though it had felt like forever, it did. You rushed out of the room to make it quickly to the basement. When you got there you fell back on the dusty old couch. You didn't even mind all of the dust that had floated up, you just wanted answers. Maybe you could calm down. You didn't even know how you felt. Surprised, furious, upset, manipulated. A bunch of indescribable feelings at once. 

Kai came down the stairs and he just stared at you. You knew that he knew.

"I can't believe it Kai. Whats going on?" You asked him.

"I have no idea. I can't believe it either.. does this even make sense?" he replied, taking a seat on the stairs. You both just sat there shocked. 

"She's probably not even coming here. Maybe that's where she's been when she quickly leaves....." You mummured.

 

Lunch ended and there was no sign of SoHee. You and Kai went back to class and when you got there Tao and SoHee were already there. She was sitting on his lap giggling and again, his face was emotionless. You wanted to puke. When they noticed you SoHee stopped laughing and Tao's face seem to tighten.

"______-ah! I'm sorry I skipped out on lunch. We'll catch up soon okay?" SoHee said to you. Her voice sounded like sugar and all things melodramatically joyful and it made you cringe. You just smiled and shrugged at her and then sat down. You couldn't take another moment of looking at them.

You didn't even feel jealous. It was like your feelings for Tao quickly faded away. Now you just felt disgust for him and you felt sorry for your best friend, that she actually had so much interest in him.

 

 

 

 

 

Wow, sorry the chapters seem to be getting shorter and shorter... they'll get longer as the story goes on. I just didn't think this chapter needed to go any further or else it would start to get boring! Okay well, I hope you enjoy it! There's a lot of more surprising things to come! And thanks for commenting.. it brightens up my day! Aha x