It's Okay To Come Back (Dorawado Gwaenchanha)

Love & Guilt

“Hyung, just take me to him please”

“I’ll go get you a wheelchair” Said Donghae before leaving the room.

...

A Few minutes later and there he was, in front of Siwon’s room. He took a deep breath before signalling to Leeteuk that he was ready to go in.

The door opened and there he was, lying on bed lifeless, connected to several machines. As Kyuhyun approached him, he tried to hold back his tears. He believed that Siwon would hear him crying and that he would be in more pain. Once he was next to him, he held his hand in his and tried to sound as assuring as possible.

“Siwonnie, it’s me Kyuhyun. I’m here now, Okay? You have nothing to worry about hyung. You’re just taking a rest. You’ve been working so hard lately, you haven’t been able to rest well. So this is your chance, right?” As much as he was on the edge of breaking down into tears, he took a breath and continued “Just don’t rest for long baby, okay? You have to come back to me, Arasso? I’ll be waiting for you”

Sobs and weeps were heard across the room, no one expect Kyuhyun to be this calm. Normally he would freak out and start whining and crying like a baby, but that was not what happened. He looked mature. It was like he didn’t want to hurt Siwon by his crying or whining, he just wanted him to know that he was waiting for him to wake up and that he won’t let go of his hand until he'd return to him.

Few minutes passed and Kyuhyun was just sitting there, holding Siwon’s hand and admiring the man he loves, who despite everything, was still looking as handsome as ever.

”Mr.Cho, I need to take you back to your room. You need to rest”

The nurse came in to take Kyuhyun back to his room, and as much as Kyuhyun wanted to stay with Siwon, he was afraid he would break down. He was used to the cheerful Siwon. The one who’s always smiling, the skinship lover who always brought laughter to the people around him. Kyuhyun knew that even if he was strong enough at that moment to suppress his tears, it won’t last long. So he better go back to his room and cry alone.

He leaned on Siwon and gave him a quick peck on the lips before whispering in his ears “I’ll be back Siwonnie, rest well” then another peck on his hand before letting go.

...

A Week Later

There was no change in Siwon’s condition, he was still unconscious, and Kyuhyun was a mess. He wasn’t eating unless being forced to, and wasn’t getting enough sleep as dark circles could be clearly seen under his eyes. He even got skinner.

Kyuhyun had been sneaking into Siwon’s room every night. He would've spent the whole day with him if he wasn't forced by the other members and Siwon’s family to stay in his room and have some rest.

That night, Kyuhyun was getting discharged from the hospital. Leeteuk who was going to bring him some clean clothes and sign the discharge papers, called to tell him that he would be a little bit late since his schedule was taking longer than expected. So, Kyuhyun took the chance to sneak into Siwon’s room one last time before Leeteuk got there.

Kyuhyun’s sprained ankle was heeled, so he was able to walk by himself. He entered the room and sat in the chair next to Siwon’s bed like he always did.

“Hyung, you’re taking too much rest! Won’t you wake up already? I miss looking at you and your eyes looking back at me, I miss your smile, I miss kissing those deep dimples, I miss hearing your voice, I wanna hear you say 'I love you' and be able to say 'I love you' back”

Kyuhyun was really worried, it’s been a week and Siwon’s condition had not changed a bit. The doctor may not have been able to say it, but it showed in the way he spoke that it will be best if they didn’t get their hopes up. But Kyuhyun refused that fact, he knew that his Siwon wouldn’t do that to him, he wouldn’t leave him not after everything they have been through. He turned his head to the left and his eyes caught a guitar, it must be Sungmin’s. He thought.

Due to their busy schedules, when one of the other members had a free time, they would come to check on Siwon and just talk to him or sing to him even if they thought he wouldn’t hear them.

And as much as Kyuhyun loved to sing, he hadn’t been able to do so since the accident. He couldn’t imagine singing while Siwon is lying unconscious on a hospital bed. It just didn’t feel right.

He looked around and found a notebook on the couch. One of the members must’ve left it there. He opened it and on the first page, it was written EunHae Forever.

                     
He flipped through the pages and it was clearly Donghae’s since it was full of Eunhyuk’s name and shaped hearts around it. Kyuhyun couldn’t help but to giggle at their cheesiness. He flipped through the last page, picked up a pen and started writing. He was writing a song.

Few minutes later, Kyuhyun reached for the guitar and got ready to start singing. It’s fascinating how he managed to write a song in a short time and even making the music. He was surprised himself, but he blamed his emotions for that.

He took a deep breath and started singing …

.............................................

When your tears fall down your face
and flow unintentionally
I'm afraid to wash you away, so i keep on wiping them
I can erase, I can forget

No matter how i think about it, tears come out anyway
You didn't say anything
You didn't mean to leave me
There's no way, please

It’s okay to come back, It’s okay to come back
We separate for a while, It’s just a dream
Nothing happened, nothing happened
If this night passes, and I wake up, again,
I'll meet you again

I repeat it in my heart, repeat it on my lips
I recall you many times, Afraid that I would lose you
Though I can erase, though I can forget
Without you, no matter how much I think, I’m afraid

It’s okay to come back, It’s okay to come back
We separate for a while, It’s just a dream
Nothing happened, nothing happened
If this night passes, and I wake up, again,
I'll meet you again

It’s okay to come back, It’s okay to come back
I love you, I still love you, please, please
Nothing happened, nothing happened
if this night passes and I wake up again with you…

................................................................

Apparently, Kyuhyun wasn't the only one in the room. Leeteuk came by a while ago and found Kyuhyun singing so he didn’t want to interrupt him. Instead, he sat on the floor outside the room. He pulled his knees to his chest and just kept listening to that angelic voice that he missed so much. 

Leeteuk was sure given the right nickname, the omma of the group. He’s always there when the members need him and if one of them had a hard time he would make sure to go through it with him. When he heard Kyuhyun stopped singing, he took a peak into the room but what he saw was heartbreaking.

Kyuhyun was crying so hard, it was like all the emotions he had been holding back just came out all of a sudden. He buried his face into Siwon’s chest and kept crying like there was no tomorrow. He squeezed Siwon’s hand with his left hand while his right hand kept shaking Siwon’s shoulder. Then ...

“B-ab-y K-yu …”


Hello ^^
The happiness may be coming back? But would it last? We'll see xD

Thanks again for all the comments ;)
The song called "Nothing Happened" by Jung Yeop (49 days OST) you should check it out, i love it and it fits perfectly, don't you think? ^^