BACK TO NORMAL?

BESTFRIENDS IN LOVE

She was not able to sleep that night. She is still thinking what just happened back in the restaurant. His confession kept her deep in thought.

Bestfriends should not fall in love with each other. What should I do?” Her thoughts are still on what she initially believed.

But his absence for one week made me think of him all the time. And the thought of him being with someone else hurt me. Does this mean I am already falling…” She shook her head in denial before she could even continue what she was thinking.

Aniyo. That couldn’t be! But…Argh! This is harder than any subjects being taught at school. I’m more confused than ever! What should I do? I can’t even sleep without thinking about it! Night, please let me drown to sleep now. I had enough for the day. I’ll just sort things some other day, please.” She begged to the unknown trying to distract her thoughts for her to be able to sleep. But everytime she closes her eyes, the thought of the confession just kept on popping in her mind. She kept on turning from time to time to get to the sleep mode but to no avail.

She didn’t know exactly what time her mind and body finally gave up to give her that much wanted sleep.

Likewise, he couldn’t sleep either. With an unanswered question from her, he couldn’t make up whether he will be really happy about it. His future love is uncertain at this moment. Her lack of answer kept him from becoming uneasy all night. Well, yes he was happy that it was not an outright ‘no’, but what happens if she finally told him that she doesn’t love him back the way he wants her to love him.

Argh! I don’t think I can accept a ‘no’ from her. I definitely need to do something to win her heart.” He thought as he keeps his mind busy on what his next step after his confession would be.

The next morning, he woke up and prepared for school earlier than usual. Shin Hye might not have the answer for him yet but he wanted to secure his place in her heart. He wanted to make sure that she could see him on a different light other than her bestfriend but more than that.

“You’re early today, huh? Breakfast is ready. Go eat first before heading out,” his umma informed him as he was getting ready to leave.

“Ah ne, Umma.” He quickly grabbed a bite from the breakfast table and headed towards Shin Hye’s house. He was hoping that she had not gone to school yet so he could fetch her and they could go together to school.

This is not the first time he’s doing this. But it is the first time that he’s doing this without telling Shin Hye first.

Meanwhile, in Shin Hye’s house her Umma came barging her room already as she has not awaken yet because she stayed almost all night awake in her thoughts.

“Shin Hye, are you not going to school today?” She woke up at the voice of her mother and reach for the clock on her bedside table.

Upon seeing the time, she jumped out of her bed.

“Omo, I’m late!” was her remark. She quickly took a shower and prepared herself to go to school as quickly as possible.

As she was running already late, she just grabbed a quick bite of the breakfast prepared on their dining table and immediately headed to school.

Yong Hwa, on the other hand, was starting to get impatient. “Did she really come to school earlier than I thought? Aish, this is not working.”

As he was about to knock on their gates to check whether Shin Hye had really gone to school, the gates immediately swung open.

Both were shocked upon seeing each other. No one was able to utter any single word for the moment.

“Oh, you’re here.” Shin Hye broke the silence first.

“Ne. Let’s go to school together?” Yong Hwa said in a kind of awkward manner. He suddenly became shy upon hearing the words of Shin Hye. She would definitely be surprised upon seeing him this early since they had not talked about them going to school together last night.

She gave him a shy smile that turned into a wide smile. He can see even her eyes smiling at him. Her usual bubbly self was back. It helped break the awkwardness between the two.

“Ah ne. Kaja!”

 While walking side by side, Shin Hye was the one who talked first.

“Ya! Why are you infront of our house so early in the morning? You never told me you’re going to…”

“I just want to but you took so long going out your house huh? I thought you even went ahead earlier than I thought”

“Oh, did you wait that long? It’s because I overslept. Let’s hurry or we might be late.” She linked her arms with him and went a little bit faster. She changed the topic. She didn’t want him to know that she hardly slept at all last night because of his confession.

Yong Hwa was shocked with her action. He did not expect that she would still be comfortable with him after what happened last night. And he liked it. He knew very well that she understands him. He just could not help but smile with his thoughts just when Shin Hye turned to look at him.

“Ya! You’re smiling like an idiot! Do you do that often?” She’s now on her tease mode.

“Mwo? Ya! I’m just happy. Is it bad to smile?”

“Aniyo. You just don’t do that in public. You look stupid. Kekeke.”

“Ya! You’re making fun of me.”

“Aniyo. You do that to yourself.” Then she stuck her tongue out to him.

As they were teasing each other, Seo Hyun caught sight of them. She was fuming so mad that after he had gone for a week, he’d just see him again with her. It’s as if nothing happened.

“JUNG YONG HWA, YOU’RE BUSTED!” She said in anger as she went near them.

===================================================================================================

Mianhe for not updating soon. Been very busy lately. Hope you still continue to like the story as the revelation of Shin Hye's feelings gets nearer. Thank you for supporting my story. I hope it's not boring you to death. Kekeke :)