YONG HWA’S NOWHERE

BESTFRIENDS IN LOVE

 

A week had passed and Shin Hye hadn’t gotten any chance to talk with Yong Hwa yet. She also hadn’t seen him anywhere for the whole week. It was rather a bit unusual for him to be like that to her. Or maybe she’s just not used to not having her bestfriend around. She terribly missed him. But what can she do, her bestfriend is probably busy spending time with his new girl.

“Yeah right. He’s probably busy spending time with Seo Hyun-unnie. Aish! But why would he not drop me even a single message? Had he totally forgotten me?" Shin Hye sulkily said to herself.

She must admit his absence is making her crazy. Before, not a single day would pass without any interaction from him. This week is just so different. She can’t believe that as soon as Yong Hwa got a girlfriend, she’s suddenly become no one to him.

Suddenly, a feeling of emptiness hit her. She didn’t realize at first that his absence will leave a great impact on her. He promised her that they’ll keep their friendship no matter what. Now, he just ate up his words. This hurt her ever more.

He found her in one of the campus’ benches alone in her deep thoughts. Since she was not with Yong Hwa, he took it as a chance to talk to her.

“Seems like you’re having problems with your bestfriend, huh?” her thoughts were broken by a male voice.

“Eh?” She just muttered. Confusion was pasted all over her face at to what Hyun Jin meant with what he said and at the same time shocked because it’s as if he had read her mind.

“You look sad and it’s just unusual that you’re just alone by yourself these past few days. Where’s Yong Hwa?” He stated matter-of-factly and asked her.

“Oh! It’s not what you think, Oppa. I just have trouble understanding the discussion earlier in class. And about Yong Hwa, he’s just busy at the moment,” she answered him with a deep sigh. She was relieved that he was unable to read her mind after all.

“Ah is that so? Can I accompany you then meantime?” He asked her smiling at the thought of the chance of being with her while Yong Hwa is out of sight.

“Oh. No problem, Oppa. Kamsahamnida,” she said with a weak smile.

Like Shin Hye, Seo Hyun has never caught sight of Yong Hwa either. Because of this, she’s really fuming mad. The thought of him hiding from her made her even more furious.

“Better get ready, Jung Yong Hwa!” She said to herself. She’s been to almost all the places in the school where Yong Hwa could possibly be hanging out but to no avail.

“I better look for Shin Hye instead. He might probably be with her at the moment. Wait and see, Jung Yong Hwa!” she said again to herself.

It did not take her long before she caught sight of Shin Hye in one of the benches with a guy.

I knew it! You’re really busted Yong Hwa!” she thought.

She went near them feeling rage for him. But as she got nearer to them, she realized it was not Yong Hwa whom Shin Hye is talking with. Her expression changed to confusion but still decided to approach Shin Hye so she could ask her as she might know more of Yong Hwa’s whereabouts.

“Annyeong Shin Hye-ya! Annyeong Hyun Jin-oppa!” she greeted them with a smile.

“Annyeong!” They replied in unison.

“I actually just came here to ask if you know where Yong Hwa is, Shin Hye?” She directly asked her.

“Oh, I thought he’s with you ‘cause I haven’t actually seen him this past week.”

Seo Hyun was surprised of the revelation. Yong Hwa had just disappeared without even telling Shin Hye his whereabouts. “This is unusual of him. Why would he suddenly hide himself even to Shin Hye?” she thought still confused.

“Ah really? I’d better be going then. Thanks!” She turned away and about to leave.

“Wait! Did you two fight?” Shin Hye asked now worried for her bestfriend.

“Ani. We’re ok. Don’t worry about us, Shin Hye-ya. Haike!” She lied while smiling back at Shin Hye to reassure her that nothing’s going wrong and started walking away.

“If he’s not with Seo Hyun-unnie, where could he possibly been? Is he in danger? Ani! But I haven’t received any message from him. This is strange.” her thoughts are scattered while looking at Seo Hyun walk away. She’s worried for her bestfriend. “I must find him to be sure,” she told herself.

She regained her composure before turning to Hyun Jin to make sure he’ll not notice her sudden anxiety over what she just heard. She tried her best to smile at him when she turned to face him.

“Oppa, I think I need to go now. I just remember Umma told me to be home early,” she made an excuse to him. In truth, she’s really not heading home first. She wanted to go to Yong Hwa’s house to check on him.

“Is it ok if I walk with you? I’m also about to go as well,” he asked her wanting to spend a little more time with her.

“Ah, ne.” She smiled weakly.

She’s not really the type who’ll turn down any offer from someone. She just feels remorse if she declines offers. That’s why even if she’s in a hurry, she has to hold her patience a bit longer this time ‘cause she does not want to make Hyun Jin feel bad towards her.

“Now, I know why you looked so down.” He told her while grinning at her.

“Eh?” She answered confused with Hyun Jin’s statement.

“You’re thinking that Yong Hwa is with another girl,” he said as if he had really read her mind.

“Anio. It’s not like that…”

Her statement was cut when someone grabbed her arms from behind and dragged her quickly away from Hyun Jin without even giving her a chance to at least wave goodbye to him.

Hyun Jin was still glued at the same place where he’s talking with Shin Hye a while ago before someone grabbed Shin Hye away from him. He was shocked as to how fast things have happened. He didn’t even know now the direction where they went.