THE THREAT

BESTFRIENDS IN LOVE

 

 

Yong Hwa was very disappointed at the turn of events on that day. Not only was he annoyed with the date he had with Seo Hyun. He was more frustrated with the fact that he did not have the chance to talk and be with Shin Hye again after their morning interaction. His anxiety was very eminent that Seo Hyun can’t help but be disappointed on her date’s behavior.

The next day, Seo Hyun saw Shin Hye sitting on one of the benches as she entered the main campus. She was about to approach her. But she stopped when she saw Yong Hwa approaching Shin Hye first. She saw it again - the spark that Yong Hwa had whenever he was with Shin Hye. “Jung Yong Hwa, let’s see how you will fare back.”

Without any second thought, she approached them. She was determined to proceed with her plan just to get Yong Hwa.

“Annyeong Shin Hye! Annyeong Yong Hwa! Thanks for last night! I really enjoyed our date especially the kiss!”

Yong Hwa was taken aback. He was surprised with Seo Hyun’s sudden appearance and fabrication of facts on their date last night.

Seo Hyun was enthralled by Yong Hwa’s reaction that she wanted to more. So she continued, “You really surprised me. I didn’t know you’re that fast. But I like it!”

Yong Hwa was not able to react immediately. He was only able to get back to his composure when he heard Shin Hye’s voice.

“Really, Unnie? That’s great! It seems that Yong Hwa had already found his match. I’m happy for the two of you!”

“Oh, thank you Shin Hye! And thanks to you! If it weren’t because of you, the date would have not been possible at all.” Seo Hyun replied with a fake smile.

“Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait! What are you talking about?? Don’t talk such nonsense!”

“Wae? You were so sweet to me just last night but now how come you’re suddenly acting like that towards me? Is it because Shin Hye’s here?” Then, she smirked at him.

“Hey, Yong Hwa-ya! You shouldn’t do that to her. That’s not proper to treat a girl. I’ll just leave you two so you can talk, arasso?” Shin Hye scolded Yong Hwa.

Then, she turned to Seo Hyun and said, “Chukahae, Seo Hyun-unnie! I’ll be going first.” She genuinely smiled at her.

“Wait! Wait for me, Shin hye-ya!” Yong Hwa yelled trying to follow Shin Hye’s lead. But Seo Hyun was able to grab Yong Hwa’s arms so he could not go any further.

Shin Hye turned back to her bestfriend in all smile and just yelled back, “I’m giving you time to talk with Seo Hyun-unnie, Bestie. Be nice, ok! See you!”

Shin Hye waved her hand to the two but only Seo Hyun was able to manage waving back to her. Yong Hwa had gotten really furious about what just happened.

“What do you want?? You are so annoying!!!” Yong Hwa said when Shin Hye was already out of sight.

“Don’t I deserve a thank you from you instead of scowling me like that? I’m just trying to help you to know Shin Hye’s feelings for you. But it seems like she doesn’t like you the way you like her,” Seo Hyun teasingly said to Yong Hwa.

“What are you talking about?? I never asked for your help. And besides, who said I like her? You’re just making up stories,” he told her furiously. But at the back of his mind he is adding something, “Of course, I don’t like her. I love her, pabo!”

“Oh really?” Seo Hyun turned from teasing to being serious when she said, “Don’t fool me Jung Yong Hwa. The sparks in your eyes cannot hide the fact.”

Boom! He had just been found out. Now he was lost for words on what to say to her. There’s no way denying the fact already. But he just doesn’t want to admit it to this annoying girl infront of him. He just stayed silent. He knew that he would lose from this conversation if he just continued.

He started to walk away from her but he stopped when she said, “Perhaps, I can tell Shin Hye the whole truth about your feelings towards her. Then maybe, just maybe, as soon as she knows she’ll start avoiding you from then on. How would you like that?”

Yong Hwa gave him a ‘do-you-want-to-die’ look to which she only smirked. But he just could not take the risk just yet. His mind was going in circles on the what-ifs if Shin Hye knew about his real feelings. He didn’t know if he could bear it if Shin Hye started avoiding him.

“What exactly do you want?” He finally asked her.