THE JEALOUS BESTFRIEND

BESTFRIENDS IN LOVE

 

Yong Hwa is heading to the library’s main entrance to meet Shin Hye and walk with her going home. After all, they just live in the same village. So it’s really no big deal.

The thought of walking home with her made him smile. At least even if they were not a couple YET, he still could spend so much time with her. Their friendship gave him all the chance to be with her and protect her. This made him so thankful about their friendship. Just when Seo Hyun got a glance of him.

“Hmmm…He seems to be in a good mood. Is it because of the date we’ll have tomorrow?” She smiled at the thought that Yong Hwa seemed please that he will be dating her.

But when they crossed each other’s path, he just passed her by.

“Ya! Won’t you just at least say ‘Hi’ to the person you’ll be dating with tomorrow?”

She was pissed off by the way Yong Hwa just passed by her.

“You’re nothing different. Don’t act as if I really like dating you in the first place. To tell you honestly, I’m sick and tired of this dating setup.”

He gave her an angry look.

“If you don’t like it then you should just have rejected it in the first place. But since you agreed to it, seems that you like me after all.”

She faked a smile as she stated matter-of-factly the words.

“Gurea? If you were the one who asked me directly about it, I’m sure I’ll reject you right away without the need to even hear your invitation. But you’re just too desperate to have me that you have to use other people. Tsk. Tsk.”

He turned to leave without wanting to hear her response anymore. He didn’t care at all. He only agreed to the setup because his bestie was the one who asked him about it. If it’s not Shin Hye, he would not agree at all.

Besides he needs to get to the library. He doesn’t want Shin Hye to be waiting for him for a long time. So he is really not up to any conversation at the moment. Also, he does not want to ruin his mood just for any nonsense conversation.

Seo Hyun, on the other hand, was so angry at the result of their conversation that she wanted to stab him with a very sharp knife on his back. She could not believe what she just heard from him. But she kept her composure. She just couldn’t let the situation ruin her composure. She just silently uttered, “Oh well…Wait and see Jung Yong Hwa. You’ll definitely be mine soon!”

He spotted Shin Hye right away near the main entrance of the library. But she was not alone. He saw her talking to another guy exchanging pleasantries. He knew exactly Shin Hye’s charm. It was a known fact that most of the guys in the campus are clamoring for her attention. And he did not like it. He felt a pang of jealousy upon seeing them; he ran fast and called her name loud enough to get her attention.

“Shin Hye-ya!”

“Oh, Yong Hwa! You’re already here.”

She turned to Hyun Jin to bid him goodbye but Yong Hwa immediately get the books from her arms, grabbed her wrist and dragged her away from Hyun Jin.

“Oppa! We’ll be going! I’ll see you again!” She managed to yell and waved to Hyun Jin using her free hand.

Then, she turned to Yong Hwa giving him an upset look.

“Ya! Why did you do that? What’s wrong with you?”

“What’s wrong with me?! Can’t you see I’m dying of jealousy here seeing you exchanging pleasantries with another guy? And wait! You even called him OPPA??”

His thoughts were obviously keeping him mad at the sight of her with another man. He even cringed at the thought that she called that person ‘Oppa’!

They stopped after they have gone through a few distance. He let go of her arms and faced her. But he did not answer her questions. Instead, he gave his own set of questions to her.

“You call him ‘Oppa’? Why are you with him?”

“Oh that? I just saw him in the library. He’s nice you know. He even helped me get the book that I need. Why suddenly ask me those questions? And hey you have not answered me yet. Why did you just snatch me like that?”

He grinned with her choice of words. He liked it actually – her being snatched by him.

“Ya! What’s so funny that you’re grinning like that?! I didn’t like how you behave with Hyun Jin-Oppa earlier, huh! You think I will let this pass?

He heard it again. It made him furious hearing that word from her and she’s even using it to address another guy not him. He even hated how she says the word. It drove him crazy.

On the other hand, Shin Hye was also getting furious with her bestfriend’s behavior. She did not like the fact that he was still able to manage a grin despite their serious talk about his behavior.

“Oh I’m sorry. I just thought you are being harassed by that guy. Mianhe. But did I just hear it right? Oppa? You’re calling him Oppa?”

He said apologetically upon seeing that Shin Hye is no longer in the mood for teasing but he could not contain himself from not asking her reason why she was calling that person Oppa. And she’s even saying it in a cutesy manner!

She laughed so hard upon hearing her bestfriend’s excuse and his curiosity on that ‘Oppa’ word that he couldn’t seem to move on about. This is the second time he asked her about that.

“What are you talking about?? You’re ridiculous! Of course, I’ll call him Oppa. That’s how you addressed guys older than you! I just can’t let this one pass Jung Yong Hwa! Buy me ice cream so I can forgive your behavior!”

In truth, she’s used to his attitude already. She just can’t help taking advantage of his over protectiveness to her just to get what she craves for most of the time. Just like today that she wants to eat ice cream before heading home.

He smiled upon hearing his friend’s demand. But he’s still not in favor of her calling that Hyun Jin guy oppa. Maybe he’ll just deal it with her later. Right now, he just loves the idea that he will be spending more time with her before the day ends.

“I can even treat you to dinner if you want. You sure you just want ice cream?”

He teases her but deep inside he’s hoping she’ll take the bait so he can still stay with her.

This is what she loves about her friend. He just can’t refuse her demands to him. He’s like an older brother spoiling a little sister of what she wants.

“Hmmm..I’ll think about it. Maybe some other time. I’m not really hungry yet. So that would mean you still owe me dinner! For now, just buy me ice cream! Kaja!”

“Ya! You got me there! The dinner should only be valid for today!”

“Gurea? But you did not tell that beforehand. So I’ll demand for that dinner sometime soon! Kekeke!”

She stuck out her tongue to . She’s happy with the fact that the treat has actually gone from just ice cream to dinner. Now, she can still ask him to get dinner for her some other time. She grinned at the thought of it.

He followed her with a wide smile. She just took the bait. Unknown to her, he is more than happy at the thought of having dinner with her soon.