THE FAKE DATE

BESTFRIENDS IN LOVE

 

Upon seeing him at the school entrance, she quickly ran as fast as she could so she can catch him.

“Yong Hwa-ya!”

She is still catching her breath as he called his name.

“Oh, Shin Hye-ya! Are you okay? It seemed you just finished running around the campus all morning.” He teased although it worried him that she’s infront of him panting.

“I actually just wanted to catch you to remind you of your date later.”

He smiled knowing that she has actually run to him but smirked at her reminding him of that fake date.

“Ara. Ara. You don’t even have to run like that just to remind me of something nonsense. You’re just tiring yourself.” His voice sounded very disappointed.

“Ya! Are you not happy to see me? Don’t give me that look! You know I hate it!”

Then she pouted. She just know how to use her charm on him so he can put him off guard.

“Aish, Shin Hye-ya! What am I gonna do with you? Aigoo! I can’t even get mad at you.” He uttered to her as he put his arms around Shin Hye’s shoulder and started walking as if telling her that they’d better be going or they’ll be late.

She chuckled as she followed her friend’s direction.

“Got you there!” She said as she stuck out her tongue to him.

Everyone who witnessed their teasing found them so cute together.

“If we didn’t know their bestfriends, we can actually assume they are a couple,” one student remarked.

“They just look so perfect together,” the other one commented.

In Yong Hwa’s mind, “You just made my day complete again Shin Hye! I just hope the time stops now so we can be like this longer.” He can’t contain himself from smiling that right at the moment he’s walking with Shin Hye with his arms looped around her shoulders.

Seo Hyun saw the scenario and Yong Hwa’s reaction. She can’t help but raise one eyebrow at the sight of them. And then an idea just came to her mind. “I will really make sure you’ll be mine, Yong Hwa.” She made a grin at the thought on how she could get Yong Hwa to her.

After class, Seo Hyun was already waiting outside Yong Hwa’s classroom to surprise him.

Just when Yong Hwa came out of the room, “Oppa! Where will you take me for dinner tonight?” She said in high volume making sure that people within distance can hear her.

“Ya! What are you? You just freak the hell out of me there. And will you please keep your voice low. People might think I’m going crazy because I have to date you,” he said to irritatingly.

He then started walking ignoring her as if she did not exist.

“Why are you being like this, Oppa? This is suppose to be our date!” She shouted at him but he did not react. He just continued walking to which she ran to catch him and link her arm to his. But he retaliated.

“I just want this fake date be done the soonest, arasso?” He glared at her while telling her those.

“Do you like her?” She asked out of nowhere.

“Mwo? What nonsense are you talking about?” He chuckled to annoy her but still confusion struck him at the question. He did not know why she suddenly popped up that question out of nowhere. He did not who she is referring to but his guessing that it was Shin Hye.

“I saw you and Shin Hye this morning. And your smile is different when you’re with her. You like her, don’t you?” She told him and asked the same question again making sure that it won’t be left hanging.

“OMO! I must think of a good excuse not to be caught only by this annoying girl!” He thought as he searched his mind for a rationale answer to her question. He guessed it right. She is referring to Shin Hye.

“What is it to you if I’m happy because I’m with her? Of course, I should be happy. She’s my bestfriend,” he answered nonchalantly.

He feels safe with his answer but he is uncomfortable with how this conversation is going. He is sure this girl is up to something when she opened that conversation.

“Oh really?! You’re action earlier does not seem to agree with your excuse,” she remarked sarcastically giving him one wide fake smile. It’s as if telling him that he’s lying and that he’s already been caught.

“Think whatever it is you want to think. I really don’t care!” He answered casually to end the conversation. He’s very sure that she is up to something but he would not just let her catch his true feelings. He knew that the more he speaks the more that he will be obvious about his feelings. He just doesn’t want to be caught at the moment. Not now and not by this annoying girl.

On the other hand, Seo Hyun is being annoyed by how she is being treated by her date. He’s being so uncooperative! How, she understands why no girls have ever thought of dating him twice after experiencing their first date with him. But she just won’t give up. Not with him. Then, she just saw him enter a restaurant without even asking her if she wants to eat there. She immediately ran to follow him with all disgust.

“What are you? You don’t even bother to ask whether I want to eat here?! Is this how you treat girls you date?” She complained of his action. This made Yong Hwa smile giving him an idea to end the date right away.

“Alright! We can actually end the date now if you don’t want to eat here. I’d better be going as you have been wasting my time already.”

He is about to get out of the restaurant when Seo Hyun held his arms to stop him.

“Wait! On second thought, I actually want it here.”

She gave him a sarcastic look. Of course, she would not want to let him go that easily.

He is really becoming annoyed by the girl’s presence. She is just a pain in the to her. Unlike the other girls he’s been setup with, this girl is the most difficult to handle. She just won’t give up easily. And that pisses him off more.

They found a seat near the window. Just when he got a glimpse of Shin Hye with Hyun Jin again. They are talking and laughing. They seem to be enjoying  each other’s company. This made him annoyed even more as he can’t go out to get Shin Hye from Hyun Jin. He can only stare at the pair with all jealousy crushed into him.

He took away his stare from the pair to ease the fire of jealousy and looks at Seo Hyun.

Good thing she was too busy checking the menu that she didn’t notice Shin Hye and Hyun Jin that just passed by.

“Oppa, let’s order this.”

“Just order what you want and get this stupid thing done ASAP.”

He really does not mind. All he wanted is to get the date over with so he can go to Shin Hye.