THE CONFESSION

BESTFRIENDS IN LOVE

 

At the restaurant, they ordered their favorite meal. While waiting for their food to be served, there was silence not because of lack of words to say but no one just wanted to start a conversation.

She wanted to tell him to continue where they left off a while ago but she's just too embarrassed to initiate it as she was the cause of the ruined moment.

On the other hand, Yong Hwa is still mustering all the courage he needs to be able to say what he needs to say to Shin Hye. He can't let this chance slipped or he'll be doomed for life. He’d rather tell her now and know her reaction right away other than she hears it from somebody else.

As soon as he mustered the courage to speak, he immediately broke the silence between them.

"Shin Hye-ya, there's something you need to know," he stopped for a moment before continuing.  His fear side is suddenly creeping up on him again.

"Spill it out Yong Hwa! Stop beating around the bushes!" She was growing impatiently now that she kept on hanging her. He's been acting really weird to her right now. This was not the Yong Hwa she knew.

"Just need to promise me one thing though. Whatever you hear tonight, promise me the friendship stays the same..."

"For God's sake, Yong Hwa! Don't you really trust me not to understand you?"

"Just promise!"

Just before she gave him her assurance, their meal arrived. Before even starting their course, he asked her again.

"Will you promise?"

"Ara! I promise! What is it that's bothering you?"

"Saranghae, Shin Hye!

She laughed at the revelation.

"That's just what you're going to tell me? How does that explain your disappearance & behavior?"

He frowned. He never knew Shin Hye could be this dense.

"I just said I love you!"

"Yeah, I know! That's given, Yong! Of course, you love me. & you know I love you too. We've been friends for ages."

"You don't get it. I never meant I love you as my friend. I love you more than that! Can we take our friendship to the next level?"

"What??"

Shin Hye was shocked. She really didn't know how to respond to him as she never entertained such feelings toward him. She’s just happy and contented with what they have at the moment. “Am I really just happy with him as a friend or will I be happier if I accept him more than a chingu? Arghh! This is not easy as it should be!” Her thoughts are in disarray.Now that he confessed his feelings to her, she's gotten more confused than ever.

He cannot describe exactly her reaction. But he is relieved that it is not something he fears which is rejection right there and then. He immediately changed the atmosphere of the situation not to make further Shin Hye’s uncomfortability on the whole situation.

"Well, I didn't expect you to give me an answer right now. At least, it's not a 'NO' right away so I still have my chances of getting your heart, right?" He managed to give her a light smile. And he continued, "You have to help me with Seo Hyun though. She's the reason why I needed to tell you all these. I don't like her."

"H...h...how can I help you with you that?"

"You see. She's been using my feelings to you to blackmail me so that we can date. It's just disgusting you know. At least if she knew that you already knew all about it, she'll stop bothering me."

"Oh...I'm sorry for getting you into this mess." She knew she's the reason why her friend is going through all this. If she did not insist that date at all, this wouldn't happen.

"No worries. Not entirely your fault. I guess even if you didn't agree to set it up, she'll still find her way to get that date." He comforts her knowing that she suddenly felt the guilt of her actions.

"And I'm really sorry that I can't give you my answer at the moment. Just give me some time to think about it. Will you?"

"Of course. There's no hurry Shin Hye-ya. As I told you earlier, at least it's not an outright 'no'. I still stand some chances, right?" He assured her.

He knew Shin Hye more. He knew she wouldn't just decide on something without pondering about it. He just felt that at ease now that he does not have to hide his feelings anymore. He was just taken aback with her questions.

"We're still friends, right? Even if I don't give you my answer now, nothing's changes after this, right?"

"Am I not supposed to be the one asking that question to you? Didn't I just asked you to promise that earlier?  Of course, Shin Hye nothing changes after this! I'm still your Yong Hwa." He laughed. She's more concerned that he will not treat her the same way as before now that she's the one who left him hanging.

"Yah! Don't laugh at me! But, gomawo!" She's back to her usual self. She gave him a wide smile.  She gave a sigh of relief that she still has her bestfriend after this.

After that revelation, they finished their meal and were talking and laughing in between like no serious talk has happened before that and went home together.