Jiyoon POV

When blood calls…

I start thinking in a particular episode that happened a few days ago…

I went down to the basement looking for Gayoonie, and there she was, playing and talking to her new pet like if it could understand… I didn’t really want to get near that thing so I my heels and started to climb up the stairs again.

‘Jiyoorie’ I heard my friend calling me from downstairs. I cursed to my insides.

‘Hey’ I said turning to look at her.

‘Why were you going up without talking to me?’ she asked tilting her head to one side. ‘It is because of “Tonguie”?’

‘Oh gosh, she even put it a name…’ I remember I thought.

‘“Tonguie”? Is that the name you give it to that deathly thing you have in your hands?’

‘Deathly? Hyuna is more deathly than this baby, and stop calling it “thing”!’

‘You know that’s a wild dangerous animal you have there, right?’ I said trying to bring some sense to my friend’s head. ‘It can bite you and the venom can kill you in a second’

‘Nah, turned out to be that my blood is more toxic than its venom so, it’s ok’

‘Wait, what? Did that thing bite you already? Why didn’t you say anything?!’

‘Calm down, it was just a little bite, plus, as a little blood went out the holes and a bit got into Tonguie’s mouth, he got sick for a couple of days’

My facial expression got from angriness to fear while she was talking.

‘You mean that thing is a vampire-snake now?’ I asked slowly. I stared at the snake but it didn’t give me much information, it was moving lazily around my friend’s shoulder.

Gayoonie laughed. ‘Don’t be silly, Tonguie is still a living creature’

‘It’s still feeding from rats and all that?’ I asked mostly disgusted.

‘Of course’ my friend said with a mocking face. ‘You thought that one drop of vampire blood would turn a whole snake?’ she laughed again.

I didn’t find it that funny though… ‘I want a sample of blood of the creature’ I said coldly. ‘And a sample of yours too’

Gayoonie laughed harder. ‘You’re paranoid’

‘A blood sample, please’

‘Fine’ she said after laughing again. ‘I’ll take the samples to Sohyun’s lab later’

‘Good’ I said and started going to the entrance again.

‘Hey, wait, why are you going?’

‘While that thing is out of its cage, I prefer to be as far as possible of it’ I said signaling the snake and its open cage.

Gayoonie sighed. ‘Fine! Jeez, you are the strongest and the meanest of us all and you fear of a little snake?’ she said while putting the snake back in its cage.

‘I beg to disagree with your statement’ I said watching closely all the snake’s moves. ‘One, that thing is huge, not “little” as you say, and two, I think you’re meanest than me’

She chuckled. ‘I’ve seen you in action’ she started going up the stairs to meet me. ‘You’re worse than me’

Her wide teaser smile welcomed my frown.

‘Come on, stop being cranky’ she said passing her hand over my eyebrows. They relaxed immediately. I sighed.

‘You’re my antidote…’ I caressed her hair.

‘You’re my poison…’ her voice was y and low. I giggled.

‘Come, let’s hunt something…’ I grabbed her hand and lead her out the basement.

I stare tiredly at the ceiling of my room. ‘So that’s why she wanted me to drink of her so much tonight…’ I close my eyes sighing. ‘Clever girl…’

End POV