Jiyoon POV

When blood calls…

‘So, what is this thing you want to show me?’ I ask looking around her lab when we entered. She disappears behind some containers of horrible things… I keep looking around.

I remember the night Sohyun turned into a vampire. When we sat in a circle and started analyzing our new state. I remember I saw fear in us…actual fear…except for Sohyun. She was…excited somehow. I remember as if it was yesterday…

We were all sited awkwardly facing each other. Silence was the only thing that was envolving us and Jihyun-unnie broke it.

‘What is this…?’ I recall she asked. Hyuna looked down.

‘Hyuna, what is this?’ I asked, and my voice sounded high and cold through the walls of the room.

Hyuna looked at us like if she feared us. I knew she didn’t know anything, but I asked anyways… I was so angry that time…

‘We’re…vampires…?’ she said tentatively.

‘We all notice that; tell us something we don’t know’ Gayoonie was the one that talked high and cold this time.

‘We’re vampires?’ maknae asked obviously surprised. All of us gave her a sympathetic look but no one had the discretion of replying her…

‘How’s that we’re vampires now?’ Jihyun-unnie was confused about all the happenings. The men bodies were still lying on the floor near us, the room we were still had the fight remaining and our mouths still had blood on them, but she, we, still didn’t get it… more like we didn’t want to accept it.

I remember the sorrow I felt…

‘I don’t know’ Hyuna started crying… ‘I woke up last night and I was like this…’ she said moving her hands up and down.

‘Who did this to you?’ maknae asked more concerned than anything.

‘I don’t know…’ her voice cracked when she replied.

‘How’s that you don’t know?!’ Gayoonie suddenly exploded.

‘I don’t know! I don’t know! I just woke up and I was dying for…’ she stopped, like she didn’t want to say what she was about to say…

‘You woke up dying for what?’ Gayoonie asked slowly.

‘…I was dying for… Jiyoonie’s blood…’ she said in a string of voice and directed me a teary look. I tightened my jaw but didn’t say anything. I was pissed…

‘Why Jiyoonie’s blood?’ Sohyun asked still confused.

‘I don’t know that either…’ she replied hugging her arms.

I furrowed my eyebrows. ‘I remember that when I woke up, I only wanted Gayoonie’s blood…’ I said feeling the necessity to be sincere.

‘And I woke up wanting Jihyun-unnie´s blood…’ this time Gayoonie spoke.

‘And I…’ Jihyun-unnie didn’t finish her sentence, she started crying silently.

‘Why didn’t I want anyone’s blood?’ Sohyun asked looking at us intermittently. No one answered. ‘I mean, I was thirsty, but I didn’t particularly want any of your blood…’

We all thought about it for a few seconds.

‘Maybe we have some kind of connection and the chain ended in you’ I spoke with a serious expression.

All their eyes directed to me. I had said the first thing that came to my mind, but seemed that it made sense some way.

‘So, how this thing works?’ asked Sohyun standing up, making us all tense. We thought she was going to run away or something. ‘We’re like the vampires in books?’ she kept talking like she didn’t notice our tension.

We all looked at Hyuna when maknae asked this.

‘I don’t know maknae…’ she said sounding a bit too destroyed.

‘Apparently we like blood, just like in books’ Jihyun-unnie spoke nicely to Sohyun. She sat down again and stared at unnie, noticeably interested in what she was saying. ‘We have super strength, just like in books’

‘We burn in sun light’ I added catching makane’s attention, ‘just like in books…’

‘Nice’ Sohyun smiled widely…

We all heard Sohyun’s words with great pain. She wasn’t seeing the big picture and we all felt it; either she was still in denial or she wasn’t really analyzing what the word “vampire” means…

‘Sohyun-ah…’ I called her name softly. ‘Is not nice…’

‘Why not?’ maknae asked confused. ‘We can live forever, how’s that’s not nice?’

‘We don’t know if we’re really immortal’ Gayoonie tried to explain.

‘Even if we were, we have to kill to live forever…’ Jihyun-unnie said almost in pain.

Sohyun remained silent after that. I’m sure she hadn’t thought of that…

That night, we tried to explain most of the questions we had, but seeing we were getting nowhere, we drop it and moved on. Well, not all of us, Sohyun and I didn’t. As we both still had lots of questions, we tried to learn as much as we could about us during this past three years; although, there’s still the “why” question behind all of it.

We started this lab as we made our own theories about our condition. Sohyun started doing blood tests of all of us, but she didn’t find any particular anomaly, only that our blood was toxic, and that’s why we can turn humans into vampires by simply feeding them with it, but…

 

-TBC-