Gayoon POV

When blood calls…

Gayoon POV

We all have grown a lot as vampires, I mean, there’s no real point in trying to deny what we are now so, there’s only resign to that fact, also that doesn’t mean we don’t wish we were humans again once in a while…

Hyuna is the one that always seem sadder about that human thing and Jiyoorie is way too nice to her. I don’t like it.

I’ve notice how I became colder and somehow crankier after the transformation. I tend to get irritated with Hyuna for some reason and sometimes with maknae too. I don’t really talk that much with Jihyun-unnie… I think we don’t get over the fact the she almost killed me that first night and also I tried to kill her so…yeah… And Jiyoorie…well, she’s my sunshine in this dark life Hyuna led us all. I only get angry at her when Hyuna is around doing all sorts of silly things and Jiyoorie enjoys it. I wish I could control my human feelings for Jiyoorie better, but I can’t…

When I’m angry at her, I bite her. I like to leave my marks on her neck, at least for the few minutes they take to heal; she’s mine in those minutes and that’s why I do it…

“You’re mine…, only mine…” I usually say before nail my fangs in her skin. She never fights back when I do that, but she remains absent… I wonder what she thinks in those moments. ‘Does she think of me…?’

I hate the fact that the only scars she has in her are the ones that Hyuna gave her when she turned her… Seems to me like Hyuna can claim Jiyoorie as hers… I wonder if she had done it already…

The cold breeze of the night embraces me and I close my eyes sniffing the air.

‘She’s near…’ I smile.

I start passing roofs until I see her favorite building. It was higher than the other buildings of the area. She likes high places now, not like when she was human.

The building is near the Gangnam area so she can sees everyone shopping and having fun down there. She also can see all the bad people wanting to hurt the innocents. She’s like a phantom heroine saving all those humans that would never find out who save them.

I like seeing her hunt. It’s one of her arts and I learn from her every time; and today wasn’t an exception. I climb to the roof of her building, and when I get to the top, I find it empty. ‘She’s hunting’ I sit on the edge of it and look down. She was playing with a robber. The poor guy keeps trying to escape but Jiyoonie blocks his way all the time. I giggle; she’s so mean sometimes…

I hear her chuckle. She’s having fun but the guy is so scared…

‘Stop scaring the poor man’ a male voice says and briefly after, I can hear his laugh.

‘Who is this?’ my senses makes me hide behind the border of the building. ‘Why am I reacting like this?’

‘What are you doing here?’ I hear her say in a cold tone.

‘She knows the guy?!’ I try to peek over the border but the voice of the guy makes me stop.

‘Someone is here…’

‘!’ I feel a sudden shiver going down my spine. ‘Fear…’

I hide again.

‘Huh?’ Jiyoorie sounds confuse.

There’s a brief silence and then the guy speaks again. ‘Someone is on the rooftop’

I hear a muffled growing sound coming from down the building.

My body reacts faster than my mind. I start running, jumping, flying away from there. The next thing I know is I’m almost getting home and my feet were not slowing the pace.

I crash in the attic breaking several things in the process. The window is dust now, and some old chairs piled in a corner too.

My heart is beating really fast and I’m shaking from head to toe.

‘What the…?’

I put my hand on my chest. I feel nothing, of course. Is not that I’m going to die of a heart attack…

‘Who was he? He didn’t feel human at all…’

I sit in the darkness of the little room and try to breathe normally.

‘Why I felt… afraid…?’

I hug my arms and try to calm myself.

‘I can’t believe I’m still scared…’

Minutes are passing by but I can’t seem to return to my normal state. The mere memory of his voice makes me shiver again.

‘I never get scared!’

I punch the floor beneath me and it cracks a little.

‘Who is he and why Jiyoonie seem to know him?’

I close my eyes inhaling deeply. The oxygen seems to bring some calmness to my shaky muscles.

I stand up cleaning my clothes. I find the door on the floor and open it feeling a little dizzy still. I let myself fall to the second floor without caring about the noise I cause when I land.

Hyuna is there.

‘Unnie!’ her high pitched voice makes a crack in my brain. I frown immediately. ‘I thought it was a robber’

I roll my eyes. ‘Who would dare to rob us?’ I reply back in a cold voice. She does the “I’m hurt” face but it doesn’t affect me.

‘Why did you enter from the attic?’

I give it a thought. I have no certainty in what I heard or feel, so I cannot tell anyone yet…

‘I was playing with my speed but it didn’t work as I wanted’ I say controlling the sound of my voice this time. She giggles.

‘I cannot imagine you “playing”’

She’s trying to be nice…

‘Yeah’ I try to smile. ‘Not as funny when you accidentally hit the old chairs and a splinter buries in your hand’ I show her my wounded hand. She smiles at me in sympathy.

‘Come, let me help you with that’

Her hand takes my wrist softly. I don’t like it. I have the urge to release it, but I resist. ‘She’s being nice… Behave, Gayoon!’

‘Are you having a good night tonight?’ she asks when we’re in the bathroom. She’s searching for the tweezers.

‘Not really…’ I say not wanting to talk much about me. ‘How about you?’

‘Pretty normal until you crashed into the attic’ she giggles and turns around with a little aid kit in her hands.

She starts talking about what she has done and I realize this is longest talk we have had in weeks. I observe her while she’s trying to find the splinter.

Her hazel eyes are fixed on my hand while her eyebrows are furrowing making her face look smaller. Her lips are pumping in a pout and her cheeks are lightly splashed with pink. She looks innocent and cute somehow…

‘Why did I dislike her?’

The question pops out in my head right before she finds the little wood and pulls it out.

‘Ouch!’

I move my hand away in a reflex. She apologizes but immediately, she shows me the splinter.

‘I have it!’ she says with a wide smile.

I nod.

‘Thank you, Hyuna’

‘You’re welcome, unnie’

A second passed and silence falls on us like a black veil. The situation turns suddenly awkward.

I clear my throat. ‘Well, I’m going out’ I say stepping out the bathroom. She nods silently. ‘Thanks again. You saved my life…’ I smirk awkwardly and leave.

 

--TBC--