Gayoon POV

When blood calls…

In my way out, I notice there’s no one else home. Jihyun-unnie is out and Sohyun is either in her lab or out.

I open the front door feeling a sudden uneasiness in my chest.

It’s the memory of that guy…

‘Ugh…! Damn human feelings…!’ I shake my head trying to clear my head. ‘…I need to kill…’

I usually hunt near Jiyoonie, or in Han River, but not tonight. I head in the opposite direction.

‘New, fresh blood will help me clear my mind. I’m sure of it!’

My footsteps became faster every second. I still feel anxious about that guy and Jiyoonie…

I pass by some new buildings. I look at them with curiosity. New buildings mean new people, and new people bring new scumbags. I grin to the thought.

‘Let’s take a walk through the neighborhood’

The more I walk the bored I get. There’s nothing new in this new area. Only shiny happy people shopping and chatting just like any other place from this city.

‘Ugh…’

I start walking away from the crowd and walking to the alleys. The streets are even more boring than the ones with lots of people, at least there, there aren’t stupid teenagers trying to get dope like in this streets…

‘Hello, oppa!’ I suddenly hear a familiar voice. I stop to hear better. ‘Oppa, how was your day?’

I move behind a wall since I hear them getting near. I peek from the side of the wall and I couldn’t believe my eyes.

‘You’re so beautiful…’ he caresses her face. She giggles.

‘You make me blush’ she hits his arm playfully.

‘What the hell…?’

He smiles satisfied and put his arm around her shoulder. I hide again quickly. They passed by me without noticing my presence.

‘I can’t believe this…!’

I keep observing them walking hugging each other like two love birds. I follow them a few more blocks.

They behave like they’ve been dating for a long time. They seem so comfortable around the other…

‘This is good stuff’ I think to myself while I see them enter a restaurant.

I decide not to follow them anymore.

‘This is too good, I can’t let it pass’ I grin and change my route.

I wander around many unknown streets. I think about the happenings of the night and I thank to this new found information; at least it gives me other things to think about than Jiyoonie and the mysterious guy…

My thoughts are interrupted by the sight of a drug dealer with his back rested on a wall. He sees me across the street and calls me with a gesture of his hand.

‘Hey gorgeous, are you looking for some fun?’ his voice is rather loud in this empty space.

I’m hungry and not in the mood to deal with his , so I come closer to the guy, and before he can say another word, I crack his neck and hastily, I drain him out.

His blood leaves me a weird flavor. I figure he was drugged. I feel nauseas.

‘Ugh! This is the last time I drink from a drug addict’

I walk back home feeling mostly dizzy and sick.

‘What did that guy put in his body, seriously…’

Once at home, I go to the fridge and serve me a cup of cold blood Sohyun likes to store for her experiments.

It’s refreshing. It cleans my head in an instant.

I put the cup in the sink and I go to the rooftop to wait until she comes back from her date…

I look to the west and saw the city lights slowly dying beneath the soon rising sun.

‘Who was that guy…?’ I close my eyes and many thoughts cloud my mind along with that uneasy feeling… I cannot think straight anymore…

‘Good night, oppa. Let’s see each other tomorrow’ I hear her voice and I stand up immediately. My mind clears. I try to focus them. They were a couple of houses from our own.

‘Good night, my princess…’ he leans in and kisses her lips softly. She smiles sheepishly. I felt nauseas. ‘Ugh…’

‘Bye…’

Both let their hands go and I see her entering a different building. He waits until she disappears behind the building’s door and then he leaves.

I wait until I see her again going out the building. She makes sure he isn’t around and starts walking towards here. I go down the rooftop and wait by the door…

 

--TBC--