Hyuna POV

When blood calls…

 

After I realized that I’ve saw Jihyun-unnie and Sohyun but not Gayoonie, I felt guilty… Guilty because I was so focused on Sohyun that I didn’t notice Gayoonie’s absence. I didn’t notice that one of my beloved friends wasn’t there… I remember I looked around, but she was nowhere to be found…

‘Where is Gayoonie?’ I remember I asked Jihyun-unnie. She gave me a worried look. I couldn’t figure out that look so I got defensive. ‘What!’

‘I wasn’t thinking clearly…’ she started.

‘What!’ I said once again, more worried than before.

‘I…I killed her…’ she said looking down at Sohyun that was barely moving.

Those words were one of the scariest words I’ve ever heard. Jihyun-unnie killed Gayoonie. How? Gayoonie and Jiyoonie are the strongest…or at least that’s what I thought… maybe Jihyun-unnie is as strong as 2yoon-unnies, or maybe she’s stronger…but she just doesn’t show it. I’m pretty sure she hides that part of her from us, but I don’t know why…

In that moment, though, I didn’t take the time to analyze her strength; the fear of losing Gayoonie was bigger… I had to see it for myself. I have to check if Gayoonie was really dead so I stormed out the room and headed to where Jiyoonie was.

When I entered, at first, I couldn’t find her, but then, in a corner, I could distinguish a silhouette.

‘Jiyoonie…?’ I remember I called out softly. I was afraid…

‘I’m here…’ I heard my friend’s voice. I sighed relieved and went to her.

The more I get closer, the clearer the view was. I saw Gayoonie cuddled in Jiyoonie’s arms. She was drinking her blood slowly. Her face was full of scratches that were healing slowly.

‘What happened…?’ I asked even though I knew the answer.

‘I found her here…lying on the floor full of scratches and with cut…’

I chocked a scream. When Jihyun-unnie said she had killed her, I never thought it was that brutal…

‘Where is Jihyun-unnie? And Sohyun?’ Jiyoonie asked slowly. Her blood was being drained so she was getting weaker by the second.

I didn’t want to say to her that Jihyun-unnie was the one that almost kill Gayoonie, so I simply said they were in the other room.

‘Are they…?’ she interrupted her words… I knew what she was asking…

‘My fault…’

‘Yeah…’ I said lowering my head. ‘Sohyun is waking up now…’

She closed her eyes and did an expression of pain. I couldn’t tell if that expression was because of Sohyun’s news or because Gayoonie was taking too much blood from her. Either way, I wanted Gayoonie to stop being so close to Jiyoonie.

‘Was I jealous?’

‘Unnie, you’re getting weak. Let me give her blood now’ I said taking Gayoonie’s head slowly away from Jiyoonie’s neck. I was doing what my feelings told me that moment, “get Gayoonie away from Jiyoonie…”

Jiyoonie nodded but when Gayoonie felt that I was moving her, she reacted violently and pushed me away. I fell on the floor and my hurt instantly.

‘Unnie…’ Jiyoonie said so low that I panicked. Gayoonie looked at her and then, she understood what she did.

‘I’m sorry’ Gayoonie said to me helping me to stand up.

Those words were the first words Gayoonie said to me since the night of our demonic reborn… I still don’t understand why she didn’t talk to me…

‘Does she hate me too?’

I don’t see her blaming me for anything though, in fact, she’s pretty nice to me when sorrow comes to me, but sometimes she’s kinda cold. Her eyes are like glaciers when she’s in a bad mood, except with Jiyoonie. Somehow, she opens up more with Jiyoonie than to us. That actually bothers me, but I’ve never said it out loud, not sure if I ever will…

Anyway, in that moment, I didn’t really analyze if those were her first words or no, or if she hates me or not, that moment, I was worried about Jiyoonie and her loss of blood.

‘Unnie, Jiyoonie needs blood’ I remember I said getting closer to Jiyoonie that was on the floor.

‘We all need blood…’ she said more to herself than to us. ‘Stay here, I’ll go find something’

‘Something…’

That night, she started referring that way to the people she kills… That scared me, is like she don’t see people as humans anymore… is like they are only food to her… Well, not everyone… There is someone… a guy… he’s human, but she’s fond with him, I think… at least, she hasn’t kill him yet.

Anyway, I remember that while Gayoonie was away, I tried to help Jiyoonie. I even asked her to take my blood, but she refused it. She said she didn’t want to leave me too weak. Is not that we had an enemy or anything; she just didn’t think it was a good idea that were both of us weak.

‘Take care of Sohyun when she wakes up. We can’t let her escape’ she said to me in a weak voice. I realized that she was right, we couldn’t afford to chase a new born vampire around the city again, so I leaned Jiyoonie slowly on the floor and went to the other room.

When I get there, Sohyun was fully awake, but contrary to what we were thinking, she wasn’t going crazy, actually, she was calm, or at least more calmed than Jiyoonie and Gayoonie when they woke up.

When maknae saw me enter the room, she threw herself to my arms.

‘I’m thirsty’ she said pouting. I patted her head and looked at Jihyun-unnie that was sat weakly on the floor.

‘We’ll eat when Gayoonie comes back. Go to the other room and take care of Jiyoon-unnie. We’ll go in a few’ I said to Sohyun that obeyed happily. She’s not always that obedient, but for that night at least, she obeyed me.

Jihyun-unnie got surprised when I mentioned Gayoonie. She thought she had killed her so, I can’t judge her… She looked up to me and I could saw the obvious question. I nodded and helped her to stand up.

We started walking and I could sense unnie’s eyes on me. I knew what she wanted to ask.

‘Jiyoonie fed her with her blood until the mayor wounds were healed’ I explained. She didn’t say a word, she simply nodded and entered the room.

Gayoonie took a while in appear, I remember Sohyun did lots of questions. She was amazed with her new ability to see in the darkness and to move faster than before.

Jihyun-unnie and I sat next to Jiyoonie and observed Sohyun closely. I didn’t want her to escape so I was ready to run after her if it was necessary…

‘What happened to unnie?’ asked Sohyun suddenly remembering that Jiyoonie was lying on the floor. She looked worried so, when I was about to open my mouth to explain the situation, we heard Gayoonie’s voice coming from the window. I stood up and went to the balcony.

‘Hey!’ I heard Gayoonie’s shout from the first floor. ‘You mind to help?’

I will never forget the view. She was standing on the back yard and had three men with her, one was on the floor and she had her foot on him. Another one was tied up and she was holding the rope in her left hand, and the last one, Gayoonie had her right arm around his collar. The man was almost choked by her strong grip.

‘How did she do it…?’

I will never know how she managed to bring three big men to Jihyun-unnie’s back yard. I guess that’s what makes Gayoonie so interesting. She has the ability to do unexplainable things…

That time, I was really worried about Gayoonie’s ways. With her ferocity, I doubted that she would pick her preys with some sense of humanity, so that moment, I went down and took the man that was tied up. I needed to know if they were innocent people or not, so I asked. ‘Are they…’

‘They’re robbers’ she interrupted me coldly, ‘and this one’ she said pressing her foot on the man’s head, ‘…is a ’ She finished the sentence.

I was surprised with her answer. She did have some sense of humanity; out of all the people on the streets, she picked the bad people. I felt something similar to proud. Yeah…I was proud of my friend…

I smiled to her and grab the man that I chose by his waist and jumped again to the second floor. I entered and looked directly at Jihyun-unnie’s eyes. I knew she didn’t want to meet Gayoonie, but they had to work out that incident sooner or later.

‘Unnie, help Gayoonie with the other men’ I said to Jihyun-unnie pushing the man to the front to make him keep walking. She hesitated at first, but then she nodded and went down.

Jiyoonie was our first priority so I kept pushing the man towards where she was.

‘Sohyun, take the rope’ I said handing the rope to our maknae. ‘No matter what, don’t let him go’ she nodded and grabbed the rope firmly. As I said, she was obedient that night, now, it has become more…complicated…

Jiyoonie had her eyes closed when I leaned closer to her. ‘Unnie…’ I said in a whisper caressing her cheek. She opened her eyes slowly. ‘You need to feed’ I said showing her the man. She nodded and I helped her to sit down.

The man started to move and scream, but when I was about to stop him, Sohyun hit his face with her bare fist and the man let out a little scream before falling unconscious on the floor. Jiyoonie and I got shocked.

‘What?’ Sohyun asked us when she saw our surprised expressions. Jiyoonie let out a weak giggle and I laughed.

‘Where does Sohyun hide that strength?’

Maknae is a strange creature. She has moments when she’s really strong and others when she’s really weak. I don’t know on what depends that but she still amazes us.

That moment though, Sohyun was exceptionally strong. I even thought she had killed the man, but turned out that he was just unconscious.

I picked up the man and dragged him to where Jiyoonie was.

‘Unnie, drink’ I put the man as closer as I could to her but she didn’t move.

‘I can’t…’ she said forcing a smile. ‘I’m too weak’

I had to make a quick decision. Jiyoonie needed blood but she couldn’t feed herself, so I had to feed her. I bit the man’s neck and as much blood as my mouth could store and then I gave it to Jiyoonie mouth to mouth.

I don’t want to overthink, but I think that Jiyoonie liked that gesture of me. I think I saw her smiling when I was helping her to feed.

‘Jiyoonie’s lips felt so soft against mines…’

‘I am not in love with Jiyoonie’I keep telling to myself. My feelings for Jiyoonie still confuse me. Sometimes I feel attracted to her, sometimes I don’t. But I do enjoy having skinship with her. She always has her arms open for me. Except when they are occupied with Gayoonie…

‘Ugh, trying to comprehend these feelings is more difficult than accept to kill someone…’

I didn’t think in my feelings when I was feeding Jiyoonie though, the only thing I had in mind that time was to help her to regain her strength.

I remember that after a few times I gave Jiyoonie blood mouth to mouth, she could move enough to feed herself. When I move away and turned around, I saw Gayoonie giving me the strangest look. She was stood still, her jaw tightened and her eyes spitting fire. I kinda got scared, but at the same time, I was experiencing some kind of joy. I don’t really know how to explain that feeling, but it was intense…

I didn’t move; I held her stare until I noticed that Jihyun-unnie and Sohyun were already feeding from one of the guys.

‘This is ours’ she said coolly kicking the in the face making him to fall flat in front of me.

‘Maybe Gayoonie hates me for different reasons…’

When I saw the man in front of me, I didn’t discuss it, I simply took the guy by the neck and bit him. I didn’t realize how hungry I was until I nailed my fangs in his skin and blood started to come out the little wounds.

Gayoonie didn’t feed from the guy until I was done with him. I felt how our relationship turned colder that night…

I think somehow, this vampire state amplifies our emotions, I mean, I don’t recall having all this conflicts with myself (and Gayoonie) about Jiyoonie before, when I was human I mean. I didn’t particularly like their ways sometimes, but they didn’t affect me this much either.

Now everything is more complicated. Now I mostly feel annoyed when Jiyoonie and Gayoonie are way too close, or having skinship…

‘Why do I feel like this when I see Jiyoonie and Gayoonie together…?’

I love Gayoonie, I do, she’s so mature and cool, and she’s one of our best hunters but… I don’t like her with Jiyoonie… anyway, is not like I can tell Jiyoonie “hey, I don’t like you and Gayoonie together”, even more, I don’t really think Jiyoonie even notice that tension between Gayoonie and I. Jiyoonie seem to be somewhere else half of the time. She’s not distracted or anything, just…detached, like if she were always thinking about something and that has nothing to do with the present…

 

-TBC-