Hyuna POV

When blood calls…

 

The three of us were very weak and we needed blood. Not Jihyun’s blood like Gayoonie wanted, so, after wandered by some empty streets, we found a scary man that tried to rob us. Well, self-conscious as I was that time, I didn’t want to kill him, but hunger was stronger and the three of us fed our weakened bodies with the man’s blood.

We were three the first night. Jiyoonie, Gayoonie and I. Jiyoonie had blocked successfully every attempt of Gayoonie to escape but I was more worried about the fact that it was almost day…

‘Sun, our first enemy…’

I actually like the sun, and I miss it… the warmth, the bright light, everything… All of us do, but thanks to this condition, it’s our enemy now…

That first night, our priority was to find a safe place to be during the coming day. Apparently, the robber guy lived in an abandoned house near to where he attacked us so we went there.

After Gayoonie drank fresh blood, some senses came back to her. She wasn’t exactly the same innocent girl, but at least she wasn’t as crazy as when she woke up.

We tried to cover as much as we could the windows of that place in order to not burn with the sun’s light. After that, one by one found a place to be during that day…

I remember I cuddled in a corner trying to think of all the things that happened that night, but sleep came by hastily and powerfully, and when I opened my eyes again, it was already night…

I remember I looked around and felt real fear.

‘Where am I?’  I thought right before I could assimilate our surroundings. I was hoping everything that happened the night before were a dream; a scary nightmare… but, watching Jiyoonie and Gayoonie sleeping not far from me on the solid ground, made me realize that everything was pretty real…

‘It’s my fault…’

I still blame myself for what happened that night, although I know is my creator’s fault, I mean, if it weren’t for him, I would still be playing under the sun light, right?…

‘My creator was a newborn that went crazy too…?’  I often think when I remember that night, but then, I shook my head trying to banish any thought about it. I don’t really want to know my creator, because I know I would kill him/her for doing this to me… to us…

That night we woke up in the robber’s refuge, something happened, something I still remember with great pain…

When Jiyoonie woke up, she looked around in fear, just like me, but when she found me looking at her in silence, a hurt and dark expression passed through my friend’s face…

‘Why…?’ she asked almost in a whisper, like if she was trying to repress her emotions…

I felt my heart breaking in a million pieces… She had become a blood er daemon and it was my fault…

‘I’m sorry…’ was the only thing I could manage to say before burst in tears. In that moment, Gayoonie woke up. She also was afraid at first, but then she spotted us and got closer to Jiyoonie.

‘I’m hungry’ was the only thing she said resting her head on Jiyoonie’s shoulder. Jiyoonie directed her eyes to me. She was furious.

‘Does Jiyoonie hate me for transforming her into a vampire…?’

One night, not long ago, I had a conversation with her about the night I climbed up to her bedroom and turned her into the daemon she is now… It was a sincere talk, I told her exactly what had happened, or at least how I remembered. I feel that some tension was released between us after that talk. But I think she feels guilty about Gayoonie too… and Jihyun-unnie and Sohyun… Actually, I think all four of us feel guilty for turning the other into a vampire. The only one that hasn’t had that ugly feeling is Sohyun. She is the only one that hadn’t turned a friend, a sister, into a deadly daemon…

‘I want Jihyun-unnie’s blood…’ was what Gayoonie said right before disappearing from our view. Jiyoonie stood up the floor like a spring. She was scared, scared that Gayoonie would hurt Jihyun-unnie. I was scared too, but when I looked around for our missing friend, I saw nothing but dust…

Gayoonie had escaped…

‘Blood really call us…’

I remember Jiyoonie storming out the place minutes after Gayoonie disappeared. I followed her…

‘As always…’

When I catch up with her, we were arriving to Jihyun-unnie and Sohyun’s place but Gayoonie was nowhere to be found.

‘The second floor…’ whispered Jiyoonie and jumped to the second floor just as easy as she jumped the night before to get to Gayoonie’s room. I sighed.

‘We got too late…’

When I jumped to the second floor, yes, I could do it that time, I wasn’t as weakened as I was the first night; I found Jiyoonie standing still like a statue watching something in the darkness of the room. I looked inside and choked a scream… The whole room was filled with splashed blood and traces of a big fight. Bloody hands were all over the place… it was a monstrosity…

‘What had happened there…?’

Neither Gayoonie nor Jihyun-unnie had said what really happened in that room, so is a mystery… to me at least…

Jiyoonie took a step inside and started to look around the place. To be honest, I didn’t want to enter, but seeing that Jihyun-unnie wasn’t in the room and neither Gayoonie, I worried that maybe Sohyun could be in danger, and I was right…

While Jiyoonie was searching inside Jihyun-unnie’s room, I went directly to Sohyun’s room. I would never forget what I found in there… When I entered, I saw Sohyun lying on Jihyun-unnie’s lap. Her eyes were closed and she was as pale as a blanket…

‘Baby Sohyun…’

I think her death (her human death), is the death that most hurt us… We all blame ourselves in our own way. Me for be the one that turned Jiyoonie first, Jiyoonie for being the one that turned Gayoonie, Gayoonie for being the one that turned Jihyun-unnie and finally Jihyun-unnie for being the one that gave Sohyun the last bite and …

I would never forget how scared I was when I saw Sohyun lying lifeless on Jihyun-unnie’s lap… I remember clearly that I screamed Sohyun’s name desperately while I ran to her side.

Seeing the familiar four holes in Sohyun’s neck made me realize how late I was… I remember now that I looked up and found a very deranged Jihyun beside me… She was full of scratches and cuts.

‘What on earth happened?’

At that time, though, the last thing I wanted to do was to ask her about the cuts and scratches, I wanted to know Sohyun’s condition first. I shook Jihyun-unnie’s shoulders while crying her name. She directed me an empty look but remained silent.

‘What happened?’ was what came out from my mouth after shaking her for a few times. She looked down to Sohyun and then looked at me again. ‘I killed her…’ she muttered and her voice cracked. I looked at Jihyun-unnie’s lips and there was blood in them. Not fighting blood, but blood that is shed when one feed of the other…

‘Jihyun-unnie had turned into a vampire too…’

I looked down at Sohyun and put my ear on her chest. There was a weak sound. Her heart was about to stop…

‘She needs blood’ I said to my unnie that was as still as a statue. She didn’t move a muscle, she was in shock…

I was so desperate that time that I did what I knew that it wasn’t going to work… I rip my wrist hoping that my blood would be enough to wake up Sohyun…

It wasn’t, obviously… A few drops of blood and my wrist closed. I didn’t have enough to give her… Jihyun-unnie was the one that had more blood. She had to feed Sohyun…

I looked at Jihyun-unnie and took her wrist.

‘Unnie, I don’t have enough blood…’ I said putting her wrist in front of her eyes. Her expression changed from emptiness to fear.

‘Do you mean…?’ her eyes moved hastily.

‘Unnie, is the only way…’ I said feeling my heart aching. She nodded and put her wrist near . A second passed and then she put it in front of my face.

‘I can’t do it…’ she said pressing her lips. I looked at her and for a brief moment, I hesitated, but then, I bit her wrist and the precious fluid started to fall on Sohyun’s mouth.

That moment, I wasn’t thinking that Sohyun was going to become a vampire; I just wanted Sohyun to live, like when Jiyoonie and Gayoonie were in the same state.

‘It was truly my fault…’

Now that I think about it, I was the one that told Jiyoonie to feed Gayoonie with her blood, and I was the one that told Jihyun-unnie to fed Sohyun with her blood, so, it is my fault that we’re all daemons now. I am the cause of all this killing and loss of innocence…

I have so much grieve… 

 

-TBC-