Gayoon POV

When blood calls…

‘Where were you?’ I ask the moment she gets in the house.

‘Holy shhh!!!’ she jumps from the surprise. ‘You almost kill me!’

She put one of her hands on her chest to check her heartbeat. It’s a reflex of course, our human side goes out sometimes.

‘Where were you?’ I repeat the question still calm.

She avoids my eyes. ‘Hunting’

‘At this hour?’ I look up pretending to see the sky. ‘It’s almost sunrise’

‘Yes, at this hour’ she frowns. She turns her face to the front, avoiding me completely. I still can see her annoyed expression. ‘Since when you care at what time I arrive?’

I smirk. ‘Since you’re sneaking around with a human…’

Her pale face turns paler. Her eyes widen and her jaw fall a bit.

‘That’s right, I saw you’

I’m savoring every single second of this situation…

‘W-What did you see?’ she hides her face from me.

‘You and your “oppa” kissing and hugging like a couple of idiots…’

She turns her head and our eyes met. She’s visibly scared. My smirk gets wider. ‘I love this…’

‘Why are you dating a human…?’ I know the question is going to make some changes in our current situation so I choose every word very carefully…

Her lower lip trembles a little. She inhales before pressing her lips together. ‘It’s not your business’

‘It is when the members’ safety is in jeopardy’ I cross my arms and rest by back on the hall’s wall.

‘Why will it be in jeopardy?’ she asks almost scoffing.

I observe her features. Her eyes are shining and a visible blush graces her pale face. She’s in love… ‘How much do you know this human?’ I move myself closer to her. She jerks. ‘…Does he know you’re not?’ She stays quiet for a few seconds. ‘I figured’ I start walking down the hall. She stays in her place. ‘Pray he doesn’t start a witch hunt once you tell him or he finds out…’

‘He’s not like that!’ she speaks back strong but I sense a little anxiety in her voice.

‘Really?’ I turn my head with an eyebrow lifted. ‘How do you know he’s not “like that”?’

‘I just know…’ she says with a frown; but her voice betrays her.

‘For how long do you know him?’ my voice is ice.

‘Enough time to know he’s not what you think!’

She’s getting angry and I love it!

‘Right, because humans are so comprehensive’ I say over-acting my words.

She makes an angry face over my comment. ‘He’s not going to find out anyway!’ she almost shouts. I grin.

‘Why are you so sure?’ I cross my arms over my chest and rest my back on the wall.

‘Because I’m not planning to tell him’ her voice sounds firm now.

I nod and smirk. ‘Yeah, you… What about… others?’

Her body position changes and her eyes are pinned on me. ‘Don’t you dare…’ she’s clearly threating me.

‘What are you gonna do to prevent that. Kill me?’ the tone of my voice sounds higher than I expected. I change my position too.

She smirks now. ‘You and I both know I’m capable…’

My smile disappears… She’s talking about that night…

‘Don’t be so confident about your “oppa”…’ I say passing my hand through my hair redirecting the topic. ‘He can be as traitor as any other human’

‘No’

She’s done with my talking. I can sense it.

‘Don’t be surprised if he does’

She’s ready to leave. She cannot hear my voice any longer. I know it…

‘Anyway’ I say moving my hands. ‘Let’s hope you’re right…’

I turn again and keep walking inside.

‘Are you going to tell the others?’ her voice sounds loud but broken somehow.

I stop my track and turn my head. ‘Me? No. I won’t have to…’

I leave her with the words in . I don’t feel like arguing anymore, I’m tired and I need to see Jiyoorie… I need to know who the guy was…

End POV