Jiyoon POV

When blood calls…

‘Unnie’ Sohyun’s voice startles me. I turn to look at her. ‘Look’

She gives me some papers. I stare at them puzzled.

‘Sohyun, you know I don’t understand science language, tell me what they say’

She takes the papers from me with a sigh. ‘Unnie, you should learn this stuff, sometimes I need help, you know?’

‘We’ve talked about it; I have other things to do’

‘Yeah, like killing?’ she challenges me with her stare.

‘For example…’ I say moving my hand graciously. She frowns. ‘Hey, who brings food every day?’

‘Gayoonie’ she mumbles.

‘Yah!’ I punch her arm softly.

‘Ouch! Fine, you too!’ she touches her sore arm and stare at it faking pain.

‘That’s it; remember it well or I’ll make you feel real pain in that arm of you’

‘Unnie!’ she complains. I chuckled.

‘Sohyun, the sun is rising soon, hurry up and tell me’

‘Fine…’ she pouts. ‘Remember that time when you almost die because you drank Jihyun-unnie’s blood?’

‘Yeah…’

‘How can I forget?’

‘Well, after that incident you know I started thinking our toxic blood must apply for all vampires too, but then, why you can drink Hyuna’s blood without a problem? Or why Gayoonie takes your blood without dying? So you know I did some tests of our bloods and I started mixing them and I realized we could only take our creator’s blood…’

‘I know where she’s going…Gayoonie must have really told her…’

She pauses to see if I was following her. I nod. ‘But Gayoonie came to see me a few days ago and made me do some tests with your blood and hers. First I thought she was crazy, I mean, you are her creator so she can take your blood, right? But she wanted to know if you can take her blood too. So, first I took some of your blood and hers and added-’

‘I’m getting sleepy, skip the chemistry part. Results!’ I interrupt her talking.

‘Yah! Fine… So, anyway, I tried many things and in all of them, her cells ended up killing yours, so, my original theory was right, BUT, I have asked Gayoonie to bring me some of her snake’s poison, and yesterday she brought me a little bottle with it’ she stops to take some air. I give her a “hurry up” look. She nods. ‘Soooooo, I took a drop of the poison and mixed it with Gayoonie’s blood, and then, I mixed it with yours…and guess what? Your cells didn’t kill each other! in fact, they merged like one!’ her smile was so bright that I could only smile too. ‘It turns out that the poison of the snake annuls the effect of the defense cells in her blood and allows the mixing!’

I blink twice. The information was still sinking.

‘So, you’re telling me the only way of a vampire to take other vampire’s blood (besides their creator) is to letting a snake to bite it?’

‘Yes!’ she exclaims with a big smile. ‘But the effect doesn’t last too long; eventually the vampire’s blood is going to return to their original state, just like our bodies when they heal fast after a bruise or a cut’

I nod in understanding. ‘Did you tell Gayoonie the results?’

‘Of course! She was the first one to know, she even slept yesterday here waiting for them’

‘Oh…I fell for Gayoonie’s trap…’

‘That’s a really interesting discovery…but I doubt we’re going to let Gayoonie’s animal to bite us just to taste other vampire’s blood…’ I rested my back against the wall. ‘Though, you did a good job’ I pat her head. ‘Now, go to sleep’ she nods half pouting because of my comment and leaves running. I drag my feet to my room after her.

 

-TBC-