Finally enrolling

Two-faced es

 

Chapter 6:

Finally enrolling

I woke up with the most aching pain in my neck ever. (No, I was exaggerating - I’d felt worse)

Soon I discovered the reason why, as I raised my head and stared straight down onto papers filled with coal and dark lines. There were at least ten sheets strewed around on the desk, some of them a bit crumpled, which surely must have been because I’d fallen asleep on them.

I checked the clock on my phone, and suddenly panicked enough not to notice the motives I’d drawn the last night. I most certainly couldn’t remember what I’d drawn after I’d gotten into that weird mood, but now I was sort-of stressed about something else.

I was going to be late on my first day of school.

Suddenly something popped into view in my peripheral vision, and I jumped in my chair.

“Sooooooooraaaaaaaaaaaaa!” a voice sounded.

“You’re gonna be late for school!”

I groaned inwardly as I noticed who the voice belonged to. Kai.

“Way to state the obvious,” I said, as I quickly stood up and started stressing towards the door.

Kai looked kind-of perplexed at me.

“Why are you stressing to the house? I can always teleport you,” he said. Then he grabbed my hands, and suddenly I felt this horrendous spinning feeling in my stomach while my eyes out for a few moments.

Then I was able to see again.

“Yah! Kai! Don’t do that to me!”

I found myself standing inside the main house’s bathroom, Kai grinning beside me.

“Toodles!”

Then he was gone, and I was staring annoyed at thin air. Still wasn’t used to the superpower-thing.

My head, neck and now stomach was hurting, I was late, and my head looked like a bird’s nest. Yay, way to start the day – my first day of school.

Jeez, I needed to see Suho.

--

In the end, I’d just taken a shower to fix my messy hair. I didn’t feel like a bun of a hair was the best way to start my new school life. First-impressions were always important.

I’d even gotten there in time, thanks to Principal Kim being the .. well, Principal.. and Eunjong having made us breakfast, as well as the school being not too far away.

By the sight of Suho and his calming smile my mood had gotten better, but as I was standing in Principal Kim’s office together with Kai, Suho and the secretary, I was beginning to feel stressed again.

“No! No, no, no – I can’t be wearing the Girls’ uniform!”

I had quickly found out that the Girls’ uniform consisted of the tiniest black skirt ever, plus a white short-sleeved shirt with a bow and a matching black blazer.

The secretary had calmly explained to me that the skirt had some sort of undershorts, that made the skirt perfect for combat-training as well as physical exercise overall, because apparently we didn’t change the lower part of our clothes thorough the  day(well perhaps shoes, if you were fond of high heels), only the upper.

It wasn’t the hygiene that troubled me though. It was the fact that the uniform was too revealing.

No way in hell was I going to flash my scarred arms and legs to the rest of the school’s pupils and workers. No way in hell.

“Why?” Suho’s calm voice asked.

Both Suho and Kai were standing with question-marks in their eyes, looking at me.

“No way will I wear that,” I said stubbornly.

How could I explain it to them? I didn’t really want the boys to know my body and skin would be the ugliest thing they’d ever seen on a girl.

“Why? I’m sure you’ll look really y in it – most of the girls at this school do..” Kai pointed out, grinning again.

No. I wouldn’t look y in it. I had too many scars. That would be the focus, not the fact that my legs were long and skinny. Or maybe the scars would accentuate the boniness of my legs, which really wasn’t positive that either. People would think I was anorectic, even though that wasn’t the reason for my skinniness.

“No!” I claimed. “I won’t wear it!”

It looked as if the boys were about to insist again, I even saw the secretary starting to open , but Suho’s grandfather forestalled them.

“Okay.” he said.

As if it was the simplest and most reasonable thing in the world.

He had been watching me the whole time we’d been there, and when I met his eyes, he didn’t let go of the eye contact.

“You can wear one of the male uniforms, I’m sure there will be some of the smallest ones left, even though they might fit a bit loosely on you,” Principal Kim said.

He just agreed. The fact made me so happy I bowed 90 degrees, staying there for a few seconds as I spoke.

“Thank you. Thank you so much,”

“But why..?” Kai complained, but was quickly shut up by the one glance Kim Chajoon sent him.

Suho just kept quiet, even though he looked puzzled at me. I averted his gaze.

“Mrs. Lee, could you find another uniform for her, please?” Principal Kim looked at the secretary, who bowed as a yes, and went out of the room.

“She’ll probably just be gone for a few minutes before she’s back.”

Principal Kim was sitting in his master chair behind a huge wooden desk, looking very classy and old. Not the man, I mean. The desk.

“Now. You’ll be following Kai’s classes today, just getting the feel of how the school is on your first day,” Kim Chajoon said.

“What about Suho?” I asked, feeling a bit worried.

Then I felt sort-of guilty towards Kai – it wasn’t like I didn’t want Kai to be there, I just felt safer with my guardian angel there, and it was my first day in this new supernatural society.

“He’ll be attending to some matters with me today, since he is in first line of becoming the next Principal.” Suho’s grandfather answered.

I turned to look at Suho, a little surprised at this, while he was standing there looking sheepish.

“I’m getting old, you know,” Suho’s grandfather continued, and smiled a tired smile.

I smiled back at him.

“Well, anyways, as I told you, you’ll be following Kai’s classes today.”

“Okay,” I reluctantly said.

was just about to get real.

--

“Woah, I’d never thought a girl could look that good in the boys’ outfit!” Kai commented, checking me up and down.

It was kind-of making a blush appear on me, which I didn’t really enjoy.

The outfit consisted of a pair of black harem-pants, with a long-sleeved (that’s the type I had chosen) white shirt, as well as a black tie and a black blazer. I also wore a pair of leather black Converse I’d bought a few days ago, seeing them in the store and just knowing I’d find a good use for them.

“It looks good on me?” I asked him, doubting.

“Yeah. It suits you. Sort-of.”

“So I suit looking like a man?” I asked sarcastically.

Kai grinned at me.

“Sure – like you were born to be a man.”

This made me hit him on the arm.

“Yah! Just kidding! You look too goddamned y to be true!” Kai yelled, wincing in pain.

I hit him again.

And without me noticing it, we both had suddenly entered the classroom, Kai standing in front of me and me walking closely behind him.

My eyes widened as I saw all the students sitting in class. All chairs were filled, except for two. They were not beside each other. In fact, one was in the front and another in the back. Kai turned to me and saw my frightened expression, and he lifted one hand to pat me gently on top of my hair.

The motion made me shudder slightly.

“I’m sorry, sweetie, but we have fixed seats in class,” he calmly told me, and I looked up at him.

“You go sit in the back,” he smiled reassuringly at me.

I shrugged his hand of my hair and stepped away from him.

“Sure,” I said. “No problem,”

Then I walked towards the seat and suddenly felt eyes turning to look at me. The pupils had been too busy with their own things to notice me before, but slowly they had discovered the new girl. I straightened my back. I would fix this.

I got to the vacant seat and stood before a girl with heavy eyelids and brown hair dipped in blonde and turquoise. It looked really cool.

The girl didn’t even bother to look at me though, as I sat down in my new seat and turned to look at her.

“Hi,” I said.

The girl just ignored me.

“I’m Sora,” I said, trying to push forward and even holding out a hand for her to take.

The girl didn’t even blink, and just stared straight in front of her.

Wow. How kind of her, I thought.

At that moment the teacher decided to walk in, and he didn’t even turn to look at the students before turning to the blackboard.

The teacher was tall, lean and actually pretty handsome with his black hair and big eyes. I didn’t get to see his face that clearly though, since he turned so quickly, but it was almost as if I could see an evil smile teasing his lips.

“Trigonometry” the man wrote on the blackboard, white chalk screeching across it and making the students whine loudly.

Trigonometry was a completely foreign concept for me, and I tilted my head in confusion.

This was going to be bad.

As the teacher began writing numbers and letters on the board, I still couldn’t understand anything.

The girl beside me was staring lazily out the window, and I wondered if she knew what the teacher was lecturing about. Not that the teacher had said anything yet. The whole class was eerily silent.

Suddenly I saw movement in the front of my vision, and it was Kai who had turned and was waving energetically at me with a giddy grin on his face. The students looked at him, then at me, and I couldn’t help but roll my eyes in resign. Jeez, why did he have to make people notice me even more? How annoying. And embarrassing.

I looked away from him, and discovered that the girl with the dip-dyed hair was staring at me with newfound interest in her eyes.

Suddenly she smiled, which I found surprising.

She popped forward with one hand and spoke.

“Hi! Nice to meet you – I’m Jimin!” 

 

 


 

WOAH! Double update today! Aren't I a good author? :DDD 

Maybe you'll find this chapter a wee bit boring, but you know we always need some background before the real fun starts.. (a) 

And some of the real fun will(probably) start in the next chapter..

Oh! And did you notice who Jimin was? Creds to the one who does, and post your answer in the comments if you do know (a) <3

KAI GIF-SPAM!!


"grinning and waving at me"


"Toodles!"


"I'm sure you'll look y in it!"


"waving giddily at me" 


"He smiled reassuringly at me"

How can anyone resist him.. Just asking.. *-*

And people.. Just need to get this out there.. COMMENTS MEANS ENCOURAGEMENT. ENCOURAGEMENT MEANS FASTER UPDATES!!

Just sayin'.. 

Love you all!
//heemiah(and eunmi203, even though she just found the GIF's today.. (a) love her too!)