Because black is badass

Two-faced es

 

Chapter 13:
Because black is badass

The next day I was determined to test my hypothesis. I was going to test out if I really was the one to color Kris’ hair. Because Kris had had purple hair yesterday. And I’d drawn Kris with purple hair. Wasn’t there a saying that said Once is chance, twice is coincidence, thrice is pattern? I had to test it out first to check if this truly was only a coincidence or something make believe I’d come up with. But I highly doubted it.

Well, I would test my theory if he even showed up at school. If he did, then I had a solid, fantastic plan.

But before I could put my plan in motion I had to go through another class with Jimin’s excruciatingly painful beatings. Anyhow how much I tried to beat her, it wouldn’t work. She knew my every move and she hadn’t taught me any. The only thing I did in those classes was throwing punches in blind rage, and it did me no good.

I also had an outdoor class that day – which was freezing – with teacher Lee Minho, having shooting lessons. It was a terrifying class, because I’d never even held a gun before, but the teacher was amazing, both helpful and professional. According to Jimin, Lee Minho had a power that made him splendid with everything related to guns and shooting weapons. I didn’t really mind having such a handsome teacher like him – tall, lean, unconsciously charming – helping me get my shooting straight by arranging my arms and pose differently when it faulted. Even though he kept up with such touches he was always utterly professional. I guess you couldn’t really joke around when handling dangerous weapons all the time.

Jimin and I met up with the girls when we got to the cafeteria, and as my eyes searched the hall to look for the leader of Kaolen I quickly found him by what I discovered was their usual table. Still in the middle of the cafeteria.

Kris had purple hair today, and he didn’t hide it.

Perfect.

“So, Sora, you’re moving into the dorms today aren’t you?” Hyorin pointed out as we got to the table. Linus wasn’t present today, surprisingly enough. It was unusual for her not to be with Sulli, Krystal and Hyorin, but I supposed she had other things to do. It didn’t really concern me.

“Mm,” I answered absentmindedly. I was more concerned with finding my drawing materials at the moment.

It was true though. I was supposed to move into the dorms today, not knowing who I’d end up sleeping with yet.

I picked up my pencils, and ignored the plates that stood on the table. Not in the mood to eat today, I began drawing again instead. I figured I could draw a quick sketch of Kris/the manga character first, checking if that’d be enough. I always had Kris in mind though, trying to catch his features with the way my hand moved the pencil.

The girls around the table didn’t really mind me drawing, seemingly they had other things to discuss. That fit me well, as I didn’t bother much with keeping up with the conversation, even though I caught some keywords. No surprise had they gotten on the subject of Kris’ hair color. Because the others hadn’t seen his hair before today.

“He must be having some sort of identity crisis,” Krystal stated drily in the background.

I had lost the thread as I continued drawing, picking up my color pencils one after one. After a while, I’d even forgotten why I’d even started with the drawing, only thinking of the art itself. It had to be perfect.

But there was no imperfect art, even though the artist himself would never be satisfied with his work.

Suddenly I heard exclaims in the crowd around me, and I looked up for a split second.

“What’s happening?” I asked.

“Kris’ hair is growing,” Sulli uttered, big eyes on her cute face.

My eyes shot to Kris’ direction, widening as I saw the hair turning darker by the roots and literally growing before our eyes.

Then I looked down at the drawing, and realized I had drawn Kris’ hair longer that it usually was, too caught up in my own manga world rather than Kris himself.

Oh, gee.

Guess thrice really was pattern. It was me. 

My eyes widened, and I quickly bent over the drawing to continue on. Hell, the guy couldn’t have half his hair purple and short and half black and almost shoulder-long.

The other girls didn’t notice the drawing as my long hair covered it, blocking out the real world. I was in my own little bubble, adding details to the hair and making it even blacker. I wanted it to be coal black.

Suddenly I heard gasps around me, and then I felt a hand grasping my throat and pulling me upwards. I wheezed as I felt the hair flow in a tumble around me and shot my elbow backwards to attack the person who’d taken a hold of my neck in a choking grasp.

The person behind me grunted, and I turned my surprised eyes to see the one who’d now loosened his grip on me.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” I exclaimed as I gripped my throat with scared hands to pry off his.

Kris.

Black hair, almost shoulder-length, straight and gorgeous. A terrifying scowl on his face. He looked horrifyingly handsome.

“You think you’re the one to say such?” he spat.

Suddenly I noticed that the girls around me had stood up in a defensive manner around me, Krystal and Jimin grabbing Kris by each of his arms and pulling him away from me with one angry push.

I only stared at him through the hair that was still tousled in front of my face, a dumbfound look in my eyes.

His eyes turned angrier at my confused look, and suddenly he moved in a deadly grace as he moved closer and shot one of his hands past me to grab something.

The drawing.

“Yah!” I exclaimed angrily, trying to grab at it, but miserably failing as his tall posture just snatched it away.

He didn’t need to take more than a glance at it.

After that he crumbled it into a paper ball while I stood there mortified.

“YAH!” I exclaimed even louder. “What the hell did you do that for?”

“Again, shouldn’t I be asking you the same question?”

I frowned at him, and he glowered at me through bangs that were split in the middle. Damn, I’d done a good job.

And so Kris folded the drawing harshly out again and turned it around to show it to me. To show it to me, and all the other students behind me.

They all gasped as I stared at Kris with a blank look on my face. Of course, it was a drawing of Kris the exact same way as he was right now. The mumbling around us followed quickly.

“Explain,” he said.

I waited for a few seconds before answering.

“I was experimenting,” I said in the end.

What?” Kris said, this time a cold edge finding its way to his voice. “Who the hell gives you the right to up my hair?”

I didn’t know if it was rhetorical or not. It sort-of ticked me off for some reason.

“Who the hell gives you the right to just walk over, stealing my drawing while even choking me?”

I wasn’t sure if I even was going to mention that Kris looked a lot more handsome with the dark hair. I hadn’t ed his hair up. I’d perfectionized it. He so did not deserve the compliment.

“Change it back,” Kris said slowly. Deadly. “Now.”

“Hell no,” I answered, before I my heel and stalked away, soon to hear running footsteps behind me as the wall of people made a crack in the wall for me to walk through. They’d all gathered around, because who wouldn’t want to see the new kid pick a fight with the leader of the ing kingka group of the school.

It was right before I wondered if Kris’ minions would come catch me and bring me back to their king.

But the ones running behind me were the girls. Jimin, Krystal, Hyorin and Sulli.

They were silent until we’d gotten down a far hallway someplace, me sliding down one of the walls to sit down in anger and exasperation.

“That was pretty awesome,” Krystal said.

Sulli and Hyorin laughed nervously beside her.

I looked up as someone bent down to watch me. Jimin.

“So..” Jimin said. “You’ve got your own little personal hair saloon with those pencils I see,”

I let out a small laugh.

“Were you the one who colored his hair red too?” Sulli asked.

I looked at her curious expression. So innocent.

“Yeah,” I sighed.

Sulli gasped low as Hyorin chimed in.

“But then I didn’t know I’d even done it,” I said, looking up at them.

I was about to say more when something interrupted me.

“Song Sora will come to Headmaster Kim’s office immediately,” The end. Nothing more.

It was said as if it had been said right in my air, and I looked confused around, only to see the looks the others gave me.

“Seems like you’ve gotta take the punishment for being a good hairdresser now,” Krystal grinned bitterly.

So they’d heard. Not that I even understood how they’d heard, but maybe that too was magic. Right after I heard people running in the halls yelling something about: “You heard?! Song Sora is going to get a scolding!”

Thank you random person who wanted to make it clear to the whole school that I was going to Princepal’s office to get a lecture. Could have just told me alone, but no – you had to tell the whole school. Thank you.

I stood up slowly.

“Good luck,” the girls bid me farewell, even though Jimin was as nice as to follow me to the office because I didn’t have a clue where it was. Blessed be my bad sense of location.

In the end, Jimin too walked away, leaving me there with only her reassuring pat on the shoulder that didn’t do much else than reminding me of a bruise I’d gotten there earlier that day.

I knocked on the door of the office before I got inside and quickly recognized its interior. Of course I'd been there before, I again - was just bad with directions. After that, the first thing I noticed was the fact that both Suho and Kai were inside.

“Angel! Kai!” I greeted, a smile forming by my lips. Then I noticed the third person in the room, and I blushed by the nickname I’d used for Suho.

Because Kim Chajoon was there.

At the moment I noticed that I bowed respectfully.

“Headmaster, I’m so sorry for changing Kris’ hair, I wasn’t really-“

But Chajoon interrupted my apology.

“Sora,” Chajoon smiled. “I’m so pleased you’re here,”

I looked up in surprise.

“It is absolutely wonderful,” Grandfather Kim continued. “That we’ve gotten a step closer to the secret of your power,”

So he took this as a positive thing? I supposed it was.

“Tell me, why did you decide to use Wu Fan as your experimental subject?”

I flinched as he mentioned Kris as being just an experiment. We're moving straight from animal-testing to human-testing, I thought miserably. Not that I'd ever hurt an animal. Or a human for that sake. 

“Uh, I wasn’t even aware it was me the first time,” I said.

Chajoon looked at me curiously, and I looked at Suho and Kai in search for support. Suho smiled encouragingly.

“I just got home finding a drawing I’d drawn the day before that looked exactly like the guy I’d met at school,” I took a breath. “I didn’t know I had drawn Kris- err.. Wu Fan.. that night before  – I didn’t see the drawing before I got home, and I hadn’t met Wu Fan the night I’d drawn,”

“Hmm..” Kim Chajoon said, seemingly thinking, but watching me closely at the same time.

“Then how did you know how Kris looked?” Suho asked.

“I didn’t. I drew a figure from my memories – my dreams,” I said, looking at him briefly.

Suddenly I saw Kim Chajoon’s face light up in an almost satisfied smile, which confused me.

“This is a very pleasant surprise,” the Headmaster said, which only confused me further.

“What?” I said.

At that moment it seemed like Grandfather and Grandson decided to have a little silent communication between them, and I felt just a little happy when I saw the confused expression on Kai’s face. It was good to know I wasn’t alone.

“I think it’s time for us to start further exploring your talents,” Kim Chajoon said.

I looked at him as I scratched my hand absentmindedly. “What – you’re going to teach me to draw better?”

“I don’t think your power lays in your drawing, Sora – though for now, it’s a good way for you to channel it,”

“Oh,” I said, trying to understand. “So that means I’m forgiven?” I asked.

“As long as you change his hair back, I suppose,”

“No way!” I exclaimed indulgently.

“Why not?” Kim Chajoon asked, though he seemed amused as he gave me a little smile.

“I won’t ruin my masterpiece!”

“Your masterpiece?” Suho asked curiously.

“He looks way more handsome with dark hair. I’m doing him a favor.”

It seemed a lot more fitting than the blonde hair. The blonde hair had given off a false impression of safety and goodness – almost like an angel, and Kris sure as hell wasn’t an angel.

At this time Kai decided to speak for the first time during that meeting.

“Hey! When did you ever find Kris handsome? I’m the handsome one!”

Should have seen it coming.

 


 

Yes. Yes. Uhm.. HAPPY NEW YEAR PEEPS!!

Now that's out of my system and I can spazz over The S.M Performance - Spectrum, which I'm just about now having a f**king CRUSH on!!!! It is BRILLIANT. Yes yes, I know they didn't have the original song, but SM ent. bought it, and let's be honest: their version is much more awesome. 

Now. 

Kris hair? You're wondering why I changed it to black of all colours? 

Because Kris just looks too effin' good in black to not have it. 

Yes, I am talking about our dear Kris pre-debut. Gonna show you guys some pictures too - just to be sure you've got the look in your head! Just kind-of!

Just look at this brilliance!


And that's just about how Kris looks right now. Fantastic with long hair and a girl who can make it how she wants it to be: you can style it however you want to.. 

My logic is undeniable - just agree with me *-* muahahahha.. 

No, but seriously. Give me your opinions. Author-nim is getting very thirsty for comments because she is just getting a couple and it's making her very sad... 

AND I HAVE A NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION(or whatever you may call it - English is not my first language) - I'm going to update twice a week. It doesn't matter which story, as long as it's at least twice a week. I figured this out when I found out how long this story really is going to be and how many ideas I have in mind for other stories.. (One involving Luhan, Kai and OC actually..)

Well, well!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER.
//heemiah
PS: My A/N was freaking long, I apologize. It's all out of my system now!!