The Encounter

Leap of Faith

3 The Encounter

 

29th of February 2012

What happens on the 29th of February every after four years? It's just a typical leap year. But.. 

The alarm clock rang so loud that Donghae felt so much irritated. He stretched his arms finding his alarm clock, pushed the button so hard that the ringing stopped and buried his head unto the pillow hoping another nap. But he was wrong.

"HAPPY FIFTH BIRTHDAY LEE DONGHAE!"

Kibum and EunHyuk shouted as they pulled Donghae out of his bed making him fall.

"Ahhh!" Dongahe shouted as he rubbed his . "It hurts!"

"Here's the party hat, big boy!" Eunhyuk said as he placed a hat on Donghae's head. "Wooooo!" Eunhyuk shouted then blown his party trumpet.

"Hyukjae it's not New Year!" Kibum shouted as he cupped his ears.

"But it's LEAP YEAR!" Eunhyuk cheered. "Hey there cousin, how's our surprise for you?"

"Surprise?!" Donghae smirked. "You ruined my good night sleep!" He retorted.

"It's a good morning for you Hae" Eunhyuk laughed victoriously. "Happy 5th birthday bro, you are getting older now!"

Donghae rolled his eyes. Kibum finally stood up and said "Donghae-ah, where are we going now?"

"Going where?" Dongahe asked "Look, I am having a good sleep here and then you sneaked in my room, surprised me so badly and now you are asking me w-"

"Oh c'mmon, birthday boy" Eunhyuk smiled mischievously "You told us that we are going to an Amusement Park, and, your treat!"

Donghae snapped. "Amusement Park? Why would I go there?" He asked pretending not to know anything of what he said yesterday. Or maybe, to get away from the situation of treating the two of them for this day. Oh geez, This monkey really is..ughh. He thought.  

"Yah, don't pretend you forgot it already" Eunhyuk glared at Donghae "Or maybe we should just go into a club, or a bar, we are too old enough for this" He added.

"I ain't cool with that" Kibum spoke "I'd rather go home and eat pancakes than going into a bar"

"Hey, how old are you? We are now at the right age! We must be having fun and-" 

"Finish college" Kibum smirked as he cut his words. "Before having thoughts of getting drunk and having girls around"

"I could finish college even with girls around! I, Lee Hyukjae, the dancing machine of the university, on his second year of college studying Biology!"

"Studying the Evolution of Man, that Man started from Apes! Monkey!" Donghae laughed so hard.

"Yaaaaaahhh!!" Eunhyuk shouted.

"Who would have a crush on you, then?" Kibum asked.

"You, boastful little geek, who would have a crush on you too?!" Eunhyuk answered.

"If you just knew how many girls came up to me and gave me their love letters telling me how smart I am and how handsome I am and-"

"As If I will believe you! You don't even have any crush! You are such a gay-computer geek and t-"

"I have one! And she's pretty, talented and kind!"

"Really?!!" Eunhyuk formed and "O" with his mouth. "Who is it, who is it?!" Eunhyuk asked, waiting for a new gossip. Knowing Eunhyuk, he really is, a, gossip monster too.

"Why would I tell you?" Kibum stucked out his tongue. "Please! We are friends, you know" EunHyuk said.

"She's beautiful" Kibum spoke "That's all, I can't tell you more, you may tell it to others"

"Maybe you are just busted! Aha! She turned you down!" Eunhyuk teased.

"Nope!" Kibum defensed. "Then who is it? ?" "No" "HyoYeon Kim!" "No" "Lee Sunny!" "No" "Kim TaeYeon!" "Pabo, she's my sister!" 

"Or maybe.." Eunhyuk smiled. "Yoon..Ah" 

"Your first crush! Haha!" Eunhyuk teased and smiled victoriously.

"Finish your Biology course first! You, Gossip monster!" Kibum said angrily. 

"Aigoooo! Just, just marry, marry your computer, Kibum!" Eunhyuk shouted.

While Kibum and Eunhyuk were having a discussion, Donghae looked at his phone. Just then, the screen shows that he's got a message. He reached for his phone and looked at the name who sent him a message. 

 Mom 02/29/12 8:00 am

      Hey baby, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a good day today. God bless you always, Mom's always here for you. I am sorry that I am still here in Japan, can't come for you today. I love you always! P.S. In case, Hyukjae and Kibum were bothering you and asking you to treat them both on your birthday, forgive them. I told them that I will send you money in your ATM. Just treat them! I'll be back soon with my extra birthday gift :* 

Donghae sighed. He seems to have it all, the looks, the riches, and the girls following him around in the campus. Or even everywhere. But there is a pang of sadness in his heart. He is the only one living in his Condominium unit. His parents were pretty rich, his mother is a business woman while his father owns a known Travel agency in America. And now he is twenty years old and is studying Arts and Film here in Korea. It was once in a blue moon that he could talk to his parents or have a get together. Luckily, his cousin is here, Lee Hyukjae and his best friend, Kim Kibum, who were always there for him.    

"So Auntie sent you a good news!" Eunhyuk clapped. "I smell something fishy in there!"

"Okay, alright, we will go to the Amusement Park, act like a baby and have the time of our lives!" Donghae said.

"Hey, not in the bar?" Eunhyuk's face fell down. Kibum glared at him and said "In your dreams, Hyukjae"  

"Yah, I was just joking!" Eunhyuk laughed. "Donghae's the boss! He'll treat us the tickets, lunch, dinner and everything" He smiled victoriously. 

"Yah, stand up, get dressed, and take a bath, you smell, FISHY" 

"You smell more, MONKEY" Donghae said playfully as he rushed going to the bathroom.


 

"Unnie! We went shopping yesterday, We bought clothes, and now, I'll show you the Princess!" Yoona cheered as she rushed going down the stairs. "You would be so surprised, Boa Unnie"

Slowly, Yuri walked down the stairs. She hesitantly wore the clothes that Yoona forced her to wear. When she finally gets down, Boa's eyes widened. 

"You look so great!" Boa said cheerfully. "That pink v-neck fitted top fits you! And that skirt too! Who would have thought you have such fine, y legs! Curls in your hair fits you and oh my gosh you even wore make-up!"

Ughhh, she's so happy. Yuri thought. "Really? Am I really that pretty?" She asked.

"Oh yes!" Yoona spoke "The boys? Their jaws will drop once they see you!"

"Are you sure?" Yuri asked. "I ain't...comfortable with t-"

"Oh c'mmon! Stop with the tomboyish image!" Yoona said. "You are pretty, so beautiful!"

"Indeed!" Boa said 

Yuri, at the first glance, looks like an emo angsty rebellious teenager. Seriously. But she isn't really like that. Behind that look is a very pretty face, personality and a good heart. It's just that Yuri loves black. Starting off from the clothes, bags, shoes, socks, name it, she has it all black. Even her Shih Tzu dog named Yuki is in black and white color. The reason why she has pink, blue and purple clothes is that her sister, every year, gives her clothes, but she doesn't like it and it ends up just stucked inside her closet. She loves to bun her hair, wear loose or hanging black shirts and jeans with black rubber shoes. She also turned down every single guy who had a crush on her before. Her characteristics are manly, tomboyish maybe, but she has a very light, girly heart, where the hidden Yuri conceals.

"Look, I don't wear stuffs like this" Yuri sighed.

"But, you agreed yesterday, that we'll buy new clothes, and change the Yuri nineteen years ago, right?" Yoona sighed. "Hello, change you image! Don't turn down your suitors anymore! You are not twenty, you are old enough, matured, and-"

"It is because you are this "matured, responsible, level-headed, pretty, smart girl" and-"

"Yuri, you are, so beautiful" Yoona said looking at her straight.

"You are smart too" Boa said.

"You look like a true lady now, aren't you happy?"

"Don't be insecure about yourself" Boa spoke. 

Yuri's been so insecure about herself eventhough she doesn't have to. She has a pretty good face, a body with fine curves, and a smart head that both of her and her sister and Yoona posess. If she just doesn't wore those baggy clothes, all of the people could even notice her. But there is a real reason why. Most of the people know her as the sister of Kwon Boa, who graduated last year in her college and received several awards for being a good singer, dancer, performer and theater actress. It is as if Boa would be the "Next big thing" in the Showbiz industry and more of a superstar in their college. She is also known as Im Yoona's best friend who is now following the footsteps of her sister. And that depressed her more. She's been hiding in her piece of shell and hearing her sister's words and ther bestfriend's words, it is as if they brought her out of her shell. 

Yes, I am insecure. Yuri thought. "I am.." She spoke.

"The perfect term is "I was" because, you will not be insecure about yourself anymore" Yoona smiled. "Okay?"

"Okay" Yuri sighed then smiled.

"See? And now, we will go to our destination"

"Yoona, she can't be afraid, or nervous, okay?" Boa reminded.

"Of course, we will just enjoy ourselves, and we will not take frightful and dangerous rides" Yoona assured.


 

Donghae put on his clothes and fixed his hair with his hands. Looking into the mirror, he flashed his smile. Perfect. After Donghae finished taking a bath and fixing himself, he get his side bag. He went outside the room and was surprised to see Eunhyuk and Kibum together with his favorite kid.

"Donghae hyung!" The 5 year old child cheered as he ran hugging Donghae.

"Yah, you are here, Dongjun!"

Kim Dongjun is Kibum's youngest sibling. Donghae liked Dongjun so much that everytime he sees the kid, whatever his mood was, he's becoming all happy and cheerful again.

"I realized that you would be happy seeing him" Kibum said. "And besides, he insisted to come, so I brought him here. Taeyeon, my sister, also wants to come with her friends who's been crushing on you ever since but I told them not to come because they'll just freak out and ruin your day" Kibum added. 

"Good" Donghae said to Kibum as he broke the hug from Dongjun. 

"You'll come with us right?" Donghae smiled. Dongjun nodded.

"Awwh" Eunhyuk smiled "Two guys at the same age really get along so well" He teased.

"Shut up monkeybrain" Donghae laughed.

"Why? You're just five today!" 


Yoona tugged her arms to Yuri. Yuri doesn't seem to be comfortable on her dress. Yoona looked at her and said "Smile Yul" 

Yuri finally smiled and said "Thank you"

"Oh! Let us go there!" Yoona pulled Yuri to the Crane. 


"So we are here!" Eunhyuk said. "Wow" Dongjun said as he formed an "O" to his mouth.

"Do you like it here?" Donghae asked Dongjun. Dongjun nodded.

"It's his first time here" Kibum said "Really? So let's have fun Dongjun!" Donghae smiled at Dongjun.

Donghae, Kibum, Eunhyuk and Dongjun lined up into the Ferris Wheel. Since the line is very long, they waited for their turn. While waiting, Eunhyuk told them a lot of gossips in school.

"Yah! Are you really a gay? You talk a lot monkeybrain" Donghae said.

"Aniyo! I am straight dude" Eunhyuk defensed. "And do you know Im Yoona? Kibum's first crush? Haha! She's the theater's next big thing, she gained a lot of good reviews and praises"

Kibum rolled his eyes. "Stop teasing Kibum" Donghae said.

"And her best friend, what's her name again? Yuri? Yah, she is pretty cool though s-"

"Aigooo, you are so noisy" Kibum retorted.

"Why? She is also the sister of the hot, y, and very beautiful Kwon Boa" Eunhyuk said as if he's day dreaming.

Kibum and Donghae just made and eye to eye contact and sighed. "He really is a very noisy person" Kibum murmured. "Monkey" Donghae murmured as well.

While the three of them are busy talking, they seemed to have forgotten the little boy. Dongjun played with his ball. Unfortunately, the ball rolled down the floor which made Dongjun get out of the line and followed his ball. The three of them hardly noticed that the kid already left.

When it's already their turn, Donghae looked back and said "Dongjun here we come!"

But his eyes widened when Dongjun was out of sight.

"Dongjun?"

"Hey where is he?" Kibum asked. "I've just seen him a while ago" Eunhyuk said.

"Tsk! He's lost!"


"Uhmm, Yuri-ah, I'll just buy some drinks" Yoona said "I'll be back! Stay there, ok?" then she finally left.

Yuri was looking into the stuffed toys displayed in the store when someone bumped her legs. "Ayy!" Yuri was surprised. She felt relieved when she saw that it was just a little boy holding a ball. She felt bad when she realized that the boys already formed tears in his eyes.

"Omo, did I scared you?" Yuri asked as she reached for the boy's cheeks.

"I am lost" The child cried.

"What's your name?" Yuri asked.

"Kim Dongjun" he said.

Yuri comforted the child as she carried him to her arms. "Dongjun, we will go to the Help Desk officer okay?"

"Bring me to hyung" Dongjun said. "Okay, okay, we will find him" Yuri assured with a smile.

First, Yuri reported the matter to the Help Desk Area. The Help desk officer asked for her name and the child's name. Yuri filled out teh information in a piece of paper. After she's done, she looked at Dongjun and said "We will wait for your brother okay?"

Dongjun nodded as he stopped crying.

The help desk officer her microphone and announced "Good evening, this is the help desk officer, we found a five year old boy named Kim Dongjun, if you are his brother, please proceed to...."

Meanwhile, Dongjun faced Yuri and said "Uhmm, I am hungry, Noona"

"Really?" Yuri asked. "Aigooo, what should we do?" 

Yuri smiled and said "Okay, I'll treat you something to eat" The little boy smiled.

"Uhmm, Ma'am, can we just go somewhere and buy something to eat? This little boy is hungry" Yuri asked the officer.

"But-"

"Don't worry, I am a good person, I will not kidnap this boy" Yuri laughed as she cut the officer's words.

"Okay then" The officer said "If ever someone comes here and presented himself as Dongjun's brother, I'll just tell them to wait here for the two of you"

"Thanks Ma'am" Yuri said "We will be back in a minute"


 

"Aiiisshh! Where did he go!" Kibum said worriedly. "He's still a kid"

"I don' know I-" Donghae paused "Look I am sorry, how about if we change ways first, the two of you on the right, me, towards the left, let us find him now" He continued.

Kibum and Eunhyuk agreed. As they changed ways, Donghae searched for every part of the park. But no signs of Dongjun was there. He sighed. He felt so nervous.

"Good evening, this is the help desk officer, we found a five year old boy named Kim Dongjun, if you are his brother, please proceed to...."

Sheez! Donghae thought as he heard a voice from the speaker.

He ran fastly towards the Help Desk and said "Where is the kid..named Kim Dongjun" He spoked as he panted so hard.

"Oh, so you are Kim Dongjun's brother?" the officer asked. "Neh" Donghae spoke.

"They've just left for a while, your brother got hungry" the officer said "Don't worry he is in good hands"

"Really? Okay then, I'll wait for them, Thank you" Donghae felt relieved.

Minutes after, he heard Dongjun's voice. "Hyuunnngg!" Dongjun screamed.

Donghae's face lightened up and said "Dongjun, come here!" Dongjun hugged him.

Donghae broke the hug and looked at the girl behid Dongjun. He stood up, broke the hug from Dongjun and faced her. "So you are the one who helped Dongjun?"

"Neh" She smiled. "Oh, here's your cheese burger, fries,a nd drinks little boy" She said as she gave it to the little boy. "Thank you Noona" Dongjun smiled.

"Thank you for helping my brother" Donghae said. "By the way, I am Lee Donghae, and you are?"

"I am Kwon Yuri" Yuri smiled.

 

"Kwon Yuri?"

 

 

    What happens on the 29th of February every after four years? It's just a typical leap year. But..

 



Author's Note: Hello fellow Yulhae shipper/Sone/ELF! :) Hi there, ! ♥ So finally! A YulHae encounter :))) More on the NEXT chapter ^_^ If you are not busy, try reading my two other FF's : Reasons and To Love is the Hardest Thing to do (Both YoonBum fic. Oh! Yuri's there as well of course and my other biases :p) :) I gained readers! I hope I'd gain more ^_^ Thank you for reading!! -Kishiee♥