Intrigued.

Black Butterflies and Gray Roses

Chaerin's POV
-----------------------------

I have two tattoos. I had gotten it during freshmen year. That year, as you all know, was my most emotional year and I was breaking out of my innocent and naive shell and into the life I have today. There are times where I wish I could visit those times where everything was right. But there's no such place. It's been destroyed long ago. There's no more innocence, just destruction in the world. 
One tattoo was of a flock of black butterflies trailing from my left forearm to the end of my thumb. The other was a gray rose blossoming on my right shoulder, the roots and branches curling around my sides. They're meaningful to me and I love them with all that's left of my heart. 

After school, I was really relieved. All day the only thing I've gained were gossips. I strutted out of the entrance and turned to my right and into the busy life of the city. Cars were zooming up and down the lanes while people walked the sidewalks. My heart pumped as I rushed to a nearby cafe to change clothes. I can't be caught dead wearing these clothes. 
I entered the bustling cafe. It smelled of coffee and boba. The people in cafe were either playing on their computer or hanging out with friends. Some gawked as I rushed into the bathroom. I felt like I was running away from someone. Sweating, I jumped into the cool bathroom. The metal created a air conditioned feeling in the small latrine. I placed my bag on the ground and pulled out my comfortable clothes. I winced as a stinging feeling took over my right arm. I coughed and gritted my teeth as I patted the injured area.
I groaned as I stripped off my clothes. The cool air hit my skin like a million knives. I breathed slowly and calmed down. I don't know why but my heart is beating  fast. Adrenaline raced through my veins. I paused and waited for something to happened. Nothing did. I proceeded to change. 
I changed into a gray tank top, jean shorts, and white Adidas. Ugh, finally, some decency. I ruffled my hair a bit to make it have that wild effect. Once I was satisfied, I went out the door with my bag full of clothes. 
It was hot outside, kind of smoldering too. I fanned myself as I stepped out of the cafe. The streets were still full and bustling as ever. I can even see heat waves in between traffic. I wiped sweat off my neck with the back of my hand. I struted down the sidewalk, people backing away from me and making a path for me with fearful eyes. I smirked. They have staring problems. I was heading towards my new house.

Two days, on that night with Seungri, Dad drove us to Seoul and to our new condo. It was one of those rich looking, tall skyscrapers that you'd think is for business but is actually a home for others. The place was a bit expensive though but from Dad's 'job' , his salary was stable.

I got home in ten minutes . I entered the lobby. The nice, freezing air slapped me in the face like a wave of ocean water. I smiled inwardly at the pleasant feeling. 

The lobby was decorated like a real hotel. With black, gold carpeting and typical furniture. A giant crystal chandalier hung itself in the middle of the whole room. The reception sat on the side of the room. Typical things. 

I headed for the elevator but stopped as I felt someone following me. I spun around, my eyes dashing everywhere. I saw a man wearing a black suit with a familiar logo on his pocket and black sunglass, glancing over at me. He had his hair slick back into a ponytail. I stood there, thinking about the logo. The logo was drawn like a royal emblem. The word 'temptations' was stamped onto the emblem. I gasped as I realize where this man was from. I stiffened and quickly speed walked around the man and towards the entrance again. I wasn't going to lead this guy into a place where safety was waiting for me. I could feel him indirectly stalking me. I touched the bar of the door and then pushed with all my might and ran like my life depended on it. 

"Yah! She's on the run! " I heard him yell as I ran. 

As I went farther down the street, more men appeared in my sight. I took a sharp turn around a corner and into an alley with my bag flinging around like a crazy rag. Rapid footsteps were forming behind me. I looked behind me and there were probably five men chasing me, dressed all the same. 

My breath was a uneven wind that traveled out my body and into the outside. I forced myself to run even faster. I took sharp turns into paths I didn't even know. I ran so fast that it felt like my heartbeat was going to burst. Half way, I started to whimper a little bit. I kept rnning and running. However, there was a fence between me and my sweet escape. I crashed into the fence, immediately latching my feet into the holes and climbing as fast as I could. But not fast enough. 

One of the men snatched my waist and yanked me down. I fell with a scream. I kicked and thrashed at the strangers. One pulled me up harshly and slapped me across the face to shut me up. I spit some blood out of my mouth and panted with a growl. 

" Let me go! " I growled in the one who was holding me. The men were looking in the oppsite direction at something. The pack slowly made a path for Seungri. I gritted my teeth as his ugly face appeared from the shadows of the alley. Seungri had his hands in his pocket and smirk plastered on his face. He was wearing a black suit as well. His eyes screamed murder. 

"Now, did you really think you could escape from me, Chaerin? Hmm? " Seungri circled me like  a vulture. I kept still and motionless. My muscles ached to run away and kick this guy's . Seungri then scooted up close to me and swatted the man away. His grip left a a purple mark. I clenched my fists to prevent my anger from flaring. 

"You can never escape from me, little girl. Never. " Seungri revealed a knife. The silver, metal tool glimmered lethally in the moonlight. I gulped as I eyes the knife. Seungri smirked. 

"Stop!!! " A noisy voice interrupted. We all turned around heads to the owner. I blinked. Seungri paused.

It was Jiyong. What the heck is he doing here? Does he know what he just got himself into?! Stupid idiot! For a quick second, I reached in my bag and whipped out my gun and pointed it at Seungri. 

"Get out of here, Seungri." I said, dangerously cocking the gun. Seungri glared at me with attached anger and murderous pupils.

" You think I'm scared of some little gun? " As soon as he said that, police sirens rang out close by. Startled, he lowered the knife and beckoned his men to disappear with him. I kept the gun pointed at him as long as he was in my sight. They disappeared behind a corner. I let out the biggest relieved breath ever. I looked over to Jiyong who was holding his phone, playing a siren tune. I rolled my eyes at his naive actions.

"Yah! Do you know how dangerous that was?! You could've gotten killed! " I scolded him. Jiyong shrugged and strided over to me. I glared at the floor, upset. 

"I can say the same about you. " Jiyong picked up my bag and handed it to me. I gave him a cold glare and grabbed my bag. I stuffed the gun into the bag and swung it over my shoulder. 

"You okay..? " Jiyong said, eyes pooling with concern. Shrugging, I didn' say anything. 

" Yeah..." I said after a while. Jiyong's eyes scrutinized me. His sharp and handsome features were defined with darkness and moonlight. I thought he was breathtaking. Guilt showered me as time passed. He was only trying to help me....and I yelled at him for it. 

"Sorry for yelling at you. It was just my instinct to do so and that adrenaline rush too..." I murmured softly, gazing into his eyes. My heart started beating faster. I gulped.

"No big deal." Jiyong simply stated. His eyebrows furrowed and he stepped closer to me. Lifting his hand, he my bruised cheek. I winced at the sting. He said nothing but glanced at the forming bruise on my arm. Warmth found its way to my cheeks. Why am I so nice to him? He poses no threat to me...

" We should get you cleaned up. Come on. " Jiyong took my hand and I followed hesitantly. The moment our hand touched, I was jolted with electricity and attraction. I blushed really hard. I could feel it too. He lead me up and about the alley and onto the busy streets of Seoul again.

---------------------------

T
o be continued~