Chapter Fourteen

Black Butterflies and Gray Roses

Chaerin's POV

Love hotel. No. He wouldn't dare. I glare ferociously at the flashing neon sign as he roughly gripped my arm. My body was tensed and stiff. He had the gun to my back now. My skin was sticky due to my previous tears; I felt so dazed; my death was coming soon and no one was here to help me. Not even Dad.

My hair was tangled and matted; my mouth quivered, wanting to let out a cry and scream help. Tears welled up in the corner of my eyes again. I breathed heavily through my nose. Minho's hand gripped me so harshly, a bruise had already began to form. I sniffled sloppily.

"Why? " I croaked as we walked closer to the entrance. We stumbled to a stop. He was walking behind me.

"Why what?" Minho replied lowly. His voice was so different than I remembered it. It use to be so soft, innocent and tender. I closed my eyes, tears streaming down my cheeks like little dewdrops. I bit my lips.

"Why did you get involved in this kind of business? You use to be so nice." I breathed hoarsely. Minho scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Long story short: Dara dumped me for a richer life; I'm a changed man. " He snapped as he kicked my leg. "Ah!" I cried out, tears swimming in my vision. I continued to walk towards the entrance. I glanced around; there's no one around. Nothing has ever seemed more hopeless and imminent. 

With my one free arm, I shakily opened the door; Minho forced me in. I tried my best to keep my whimpering to a minimum. I felt him straighten himself out. We approached the front desk.

"A room for two, please." Minho masked the evilness in his smile and stretched innocence over his grin. I kept my eyes down.

The uniformed man looked up with his wrinkled face, "Oh I'm sorry, we're out of rooms tonight. " He smiled politely. What's a man like him smiling like that around here, I wondered. Minho's fingers jabbed into my skin mercilessly. 

"Ahhh!! No please stop it please..." I begged limply; there wasn't a single drop of hope in me. Minho smirked then looked at the man.

"She's into S&M. Look, I think we can work something out. Mm?" Minho diverted the gun at the man. The man held up his hands and handed him a random key with fear rocking in his eyes. 

Minho eyed the telephone line and shot at it once, causing a colossal bang. The man flinched and covered his head.

"Thank you and have a fine night, sir." Minho's voice was laced with metallic sarcasm. His tone was so cold, so mean. He dragged me to the elevator; he jabbed his thumb onto the large button with the number 11 on it. The elevator rumbled to a start. 

Minho still had his death grip on my arm, occasionally squeezing it. I let my eyes wander to his gun; he no longer had it pointed at me, he held it in his other hand. I could hear my heart pounding in my stomach and ears; so loud, so overwhelming. It's like someone's practicing their drumming right beside my ear.

He squeezed again and my heart skyrocketed. I shut my eyes tightly and breathed steadily, trying to calm myself down. My teeth clenched and my muscles tensed; I bit my lips. 

I kept my eyes on the numbers flashing upon the two shut doors of the elevator. 4,5,6,7....

This time, I closed my eyes and my breathing calmed; suddenly, something in me switched and altered. The situation didn't seem so bad now. Everything was alright. My body felt still; my heart calm and my being, my being was just cold. I don't care; I can't care anymore. There's no reason to care anymore. I opened my eyes and glanced at Minho; I want to kill him. But politely. I had an idea.

"Minho.."

"Don't speak."

"Remember when you said you were a changed man?"

"I said don't speak." He slammed me against the wall with the gun pointed directly at my head, his other hand still imprisoning my arm. I didn't blink. Oh this guy is so daring. I looked in his eyes and found strength in his rage. Swiftly, I knocked the gun out of aim from my head and vigorously twisted it from his hand; instinctively, he let go of me and screamed. I kicked his groin and watched him sink to his knees, cupping his privates. 

I placed the gun onto his forehead. His eyes wide with at the sudden flip of situation. 

"Did you think that you were the only that changed? Minho, ask me how I got involved in this type of business." I lowered myself to his level; he was still panting in pain and glaring at me.

"Chaerin..how did you get involved in any of this?" He coughed. I smirked; seeing him weak was ..fulfilling.

"Long story short: I was loved as a child, bullied as a teenager and to add on, my mother ran away with some man, my father became a pathetic servant to the mafia; I pay the price everyday for my parents' choices; I'm changed woman now, Minho-ah. You should know that by now." I was a different person; these words aren't mine. But I can't stop.

His eyes were fired with rage and anger, but I knew he couldn't do anything about it; I had the higher hand in this situation. 

...8,9,10,11. Ding.


The doors opened.

I latched my hand onto his shoulder and yanked up him on his feet; I pushed him out into the hallway and held the gun to his back. He was still, paralyzed.

"You can't do this to me." Minho shivered. 

"Give me a good reason why I shouldn't kill a man who tried to me in some sleazy love hotel." I pressed the metal weapon into his back ruthlessly. My finger trembled around the trigger.

"You like me, remember? You wouldn't kill a person whom you liked before right? C'mon Chaerin." The nervous desperation in his voice made me want to laugh hysterically. Instead, I scoffed and smiled. 

"Do you hear yourself? 'You wouldn't kill a person whom you LIKED before right?'. Tsk. Liked. The feeling of liking someone is far weaker than the burning hatred I bear for you now. Turn around, Minho."

He slowly turned. His eyes looked stolen. 

"Kneel down."

"What?"

"I said, kneel." He obeyed with a shaking jaw. I put the gun to his forehead. I stared at him.

"I want you to look into my eyes...that way I can see the life rip out of your eyes when I pull this trigger." He gasped and his eyes were struck with a deep, deep fear of death. I glared directly into his pupil. 

It all happened in slow motion. 

My thumb pulled the hammer of the handgun back, preparing it for fire. I straightened my arms and aimed. Tears sprung from his eyes. I placed my finger on the trigger.

Ding.

"NO!"


--------------------------------------

 

HUEHUEHUE cliffhanger ! Stay tuned, yall!