With You, It's Different

Black Butterflies and Gray Roses

Jiyong's POV
-----------------------------------------
This Chaerin girl sure is interesting to watch. Her every movement is a mystery to me. Why do her eyes flicker everywhere restlessly? Is there a reason why her body is so stiff? How come she never smiles? When will she realize that there is no danger around her? 

After she got in a fight with Gyuri, one of the 'queens' of the school, I proceeded to follow her. I ditched class to wait for Chaerin to come out of class so I can continue to study her. In class, Chaerin looked distracted and distant. Her eyes wandering outside of the window as if asking God to take her life. She sighed every now and then, a breath full of burden. Chaerin was strangely different from every girl here. She didn't dress like a , her face wasn't caked with makeup, and when she walked the hallways, she walked alone. From observing her, I concluded that her intentions weren't to make new friends or hook up with a guy, it looked like she had to stay here. How mysterious this girl is.....

When the final bell rang, Chaerin rushed out of her class like a maniac, like someone important was waiting for her. Surprised by her actions, I ran after her but at a distance. Chaerin stopped by a nearby cafe, she went in. I waited from across the street, leaning against a store entrance. There were a million people passing by me but my vision focused on the cafe and only the cafe. After a few minutes, Chaerin came out in shorts, a gray tank top and white shoes. Her bag was stuffed with her uniform. Is there some business she needs to do? Rapidly, she strutted down the busy street. I followed along. The sun was a tad scorching and I could see the heat waves among cars stuck in traffic. I ignored the heat and continued to stalk Chaerin. She went into a rich looking condo complex. I crossed the street, with cars honking at me, and contemplated whether I should go in or not. I stood out there for about two minutes before Chaerin shot out of the door and ran down the other way. A man in a black suit started chasing after her frantically. Alerted, I ran after them as well. Overtime, about four more men appeared after her. What did she do?! Why are these men after her? 
I spotted her unique blonde hair, whipping crazily in the wind, in the front of all the men. I kept my distance. 
Chaerin took a sharp turn into an alley, along with the flock of men. I stopped at the alley. I watched them run after her. I gotta save her. I sprinted down the alley. 

For a while, I lost them but then I heard shouting and deep voices. I followed and found them at a dead end. I saw Chaerin kicking and yelling in the man's grip. I was about to run in but her screaming stopped. Did they hurt her?? 

Another man was approaching her. A man with a sense of a boss. Chaerin was yanked upwards to stand. Her eyes were disgusted by the man and they looked murderous. I was scared for a moment. I watched.

"Now, did you really think you could escape from me,Chaerin? Hmm? " The man circled her like a coyote about to eat its prey. Chaerin didn't answer but glared harshly at him. I could hear her panting heavily. The man then closed up on Chaerin and motioned the other to move. From here, I could see Chaerin's arm turning purple. 

"You can never escape from me, little girl. Never. " The man revealed a knife. Chaerin's eyes were now afraid but it was clouded with a fake wall. Her flickered to the knife and then to the man. 

He raised the knife....

"Stop!!!" I yelled and stepped out. The flock and Chaerin stared at me. Chaerin looked bewildered and shocked. Out of all of them, she reacted the quickest. She bent down, swooped out something and pointed it at the man. Everyone divereted their attention on her again. 

"Get out of here, Seungri. " Her voice rang out strong and clear. No fear displayed itself in her voice. I watched with amazement as she aimed the gun professionally. Her glare was determined. This doesn't look like it's going to end soon...
I took out my phone and looked for my police siren ring.

"You think I'm scared of a little gun? " Seungri challenged her. With that, I played the siren. I was hiding behind the wall. A few seconds later, the flock of men and Seungri disappeared. 

I showed myself to Chaerin. Her face was tired and weak. She was breathing heavily now,  but not panting. Chaerin's eyebrows scrunched up in anger.

"Yah!! Do you know how dangerous that was?! You could've gotten killed! " She scolded me, her eyes stressed. I shrugged and went over to her. An urge to calm her down surfaced.

" I can say the same about you. " I said. I grabbed her bag and handed it to her. She gave me a cold glare and retrieved it. I studied her as she stuffed the gun. Guilt washed over her expression.

"Are you okay...?" I asked gently. She shrugged.

"Yeah.." She answered, her voice barely audible. Chaerin's eyes were watching me intensely. She looked so cute  but at the same time, a mess. 

"Sorry for yelling at you. It was my instinct to do so and that adrenaline rush too..." She whispered softly. Chaerin was a different person when she spoke gently. She seemed more peaceful and kind. Also more innocent. My heartbeat pounded unevenly upon seeing her simple side.

"It's no big deal." I replied as my eyes scrutinized her cheek and its bruised features. I lifted my hand to it. Her eye twitched, as if wincing. Chaerin kept her eyes down and I could see her blush. I smiled inwardly. 

"We should get you cleaned up. Come on." I grabbed her hand and she followed hesitantly. Once our hands touched, I felt a powerful jerk of happiness within me. I smiled widely as I lead her out of the alley. 

We then entered the business of Seoul. It was silent between me and her. I enjoyed her prescence. I glanced back at her after five minutes of walking. Her expression was concentrated and it looked like she was thinking. Being with this new student, my mind felt so free and light. I was going to take her to my place. I hope she doesn't get frightened. 

"How did you find me? " Chaerin asked quietly. Before I answered, I pulled her up to where I was since she was a tad behind. I gulped as I got nervous. Should I tell her that I followed her because I found her interesting? Or should I lie? My stomach churnced uneasily as I suddenly realize my hand is still holding hers. I cleared my throat. The uneasiness didn't leave. I pursed my lips as I glanced at Chaerin's waiting face. I opened my mouth but it was dry. 

"I-I-I was...." I stuttered difficultly. Should I tell her? Do I dare? Chaerin raised her eyebrow at me. I let out a breath to calm myself down. I cleared my throat again. 

" I was....following you. Don't get the wrong idea though! " I said, letting go of her hand. Chaerin's eyes widen, perplexed. She blinked, confused. I mentally cursed myself for actually telling her that! Ugh, stupid Jiyong! 

"I'm not a stalker! " I blurted, gesturing that I wasn't. Chaerin's expression was unfathomable. My eyes dropped to the ground. But then I heard an adorable giggle. My head shot up to a laughing Chaerin. Her laugh was like gentle chimes in the wind and her smile was just...heavenly. 

"You followed me and yet you're not going to call yourself a stalker? Hahaha! " She giggled at my outrageous statement. Soon, she got me laughing too. Laughter bubbled in my throat. In the daylight, we looked crazy. Some stared but I brushed it off. That moment, my life didn't seem so bad anymore. It seemed more carefree and light without all those in-the-past memories haunting me. Looking at her, it makes everything go away. I've just met her too and I'm already hooked. 
------------------------


Chaerin's POV

------------------------

My heart was weightless and so was my mind. This is the first time I've laughed and meant it in about three years. This guy follows me out of nowhere and doesn't think he's a stalker! Hahah!!
I was enjoying myself with a guy I just met in school and who followed me from school. However, I don't think he's a threat and his aura is too friendly to be a criminal. His eyes were experienced and bright. His smile was brilliant, alive and vivid. I don't think I've met a person this shining before. It made me forget about the bruise on my cheek and how I got it. I couldn't stop smiling. Jiyong was still chuckling softly and I was just smiling now. I glanced at his hand. I recall it was warm and comforting to me. 

"Come on, my house is this way. " Jiyong beckoned me to walk faster since he quickened his pace. So did I.

"Your place? We're going to your place?" I asked. I must of looked scared because next thing you know he threw his hands up in defense.

"D-D-Don't worry! I'm not going to you or anything...." Jiyong half yelled. Some people turned their heads towards us. I bit back a amused smile as Jiyong's eyes pleaded not guilty to the ones staring. My cheek was beginning to hurt from smiling too much. His eyes were wild yet harmless. Why does this guy already have my trust? 
Jiyong rubbed his head and proceeded to head forward. I just followed. I began to think. He seems like a nice guy. Handsome too. I wonder if he has a good reputation at school. If he does, then he'll probably be degraded if he's seen with me. It's the first day of school and people are already gossiping and spreading rumors about me. Eh, who cares about those losers. 
In silence, we walked to the end of the street, turned and continued to the other end. In about ten minutes, we were in a rich neighborhood with enormous houses occupying every inch. I was gaping at the wealth these houses contained. The grass on each lawn were pure green and healthy. The driveways were clean, spotless as if a car never drove on it before. The streets were also clean. Nothing had a spot of dust on it. The wind blew with wisdom and it fanned my cheek. It cooled me down and slowed my heartbeat. I glanced at Jiyong up ahead. 

"So what role do you play at school? " I asked, raising my rasp voice. Jiyong paused then continued walking. I waited for his answer. 

"What do you mean? " His voice rang. I pursed my lips. 

"Everyone has a role to play at school. What's yours? " I repeated, this time a grave tone draped my tone. He didn't answer. I sensed his confusion. 

"For example, I'm the new girl who's the talk of the school. A rumored deliquent. "

"I guess I'm one of those handsome playboys at school." I could feel him smile bitterly. I sped up to his pace. 

"You're not proud of that." I said. Jiyong looked at me with an expression of helplessness. For a moment, I felt sorry for him. A cloud of secrecy fogged his gaze. He's ashamed to be one of the playboys but...what was the cause of it? The question wandered around my mind. 

"So you're deliquent girl huh? " Jiyong brightened with a teasing smile. I chuckled bitterly. I held my head up and looked forward. I clasped my hands together and rubbed them. I cleared my throat. 

"I guess I am. " I answered, diverting my head to him. He did the same. I didn't smile at him or anything. 

"Why ?" 

"What do you mean by 'why' ? " I grimaced as we stopped at a gated house. The gate was brown and had fancy designs carved into the wooden exterior. Jiyong placed a hand on it and pushed. The gate popped opened. It revealed a cream colored two story house. The windows had curtains, concealing what was inside. It was simple looking house but it gave off a sad feeling. The grass was like every other in the neighborhood. We went inside.

"Are your parents home? "I asked curiously. Jiyong answered no. 

-----------------------------


SORRY I TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE. I had writer's block =_=