A New Beginning For Chaerin

Black Butterflies and Gray Roses

Chaerin's POV
----------------------------------

I stepped into the office. I was wearing black skirt, black leggings, white dress shirt and some black shiny pumps.I had my wild, blonde hair tied up in a ponytail, neat and precise. My dress shirt was tucked in and buttoned up to the very last. I kept my expression and posture appropriate. 
I sat down in the seat  before the observers. Their eyes trailed me and my every movement, as if waiting for me to make a mistake. I pursed my lips and waited for their questions. Heck, I even crossed my legs to show that I can be ladylike. Somehow, I was nervous enough to be trembling a bit. My hands, to be specific, were shaking and my head started perspiring. I lifted a finger and gently scratched my forehead, secretly wiping away some sweat.

" Hello, Ms. Lee. Welcome to Forever 21's interview room. We will be asking you a series of questions and please be honest when answering." The young man in the middle of the room said politely. They were sitting all on the other side of desk. There were four of them. Two men and two women. The women looked like they were about 23 years old and the men were maybe little older. All in suits yet they were all somewhat stylish. All had a strict expressions. I cannot take them seriously.I nodded to answer his request. 

"We understand that on your school record that you have gotten into fights before?" One of the women asked with a astonished look. I mentally rolled my eyes. I nodded silently and proceeded to answer.

" Yes, I have been in fights but that was in the past. The past is the past and it will stay there. " I assured them with a calm, peaceful voice. They nodded in understanding. I slowly breathed.

" With that, what qualities to do you possess that makes you think you're qualified for this job? " One man asked with a cocked eyebrow. I cleared my throat.

" I can work harder than anyone you know. For instance, it's not on the record but I won the awards for keeping my grades up for three years straight. When I say keeping up grades, I mean I had straight A's for three years in row, never an A- ." I replied confidently. I had to restrain myself from snapping at the poor guy who looked kind of frightened by my sharp tongue. I mentally smirked. 

" Very well then. Do you have any work habits problems or anything you'd like to improve on? " One of the two women asked. I blinked.

" No. I do not." I answered bluntly. The interviewers' faces were perplexed. I know how they work, they were expecting a flawed answer from me. One of the men sat up in his chair. 

" How about weaknesses? " 

And for the first time in that interview, I laughed and smiled arrogantly. I stood up and went up to their table. They sat back into their chairs with fear written in their eyes. I rested my elbows onto the grey table. I clasped my hands together and studied their faces.

" That's the good thing about me. I have no weaknesses." 
--------------------------------------

I went home that day, feeling satisfied. I knew they silently judged me when they mentioned my fighting. I threw my stuff onto my bed and changed into my regular clothes.

" Don't worry about me and go away...~ " I sang quietly. This was one of my hobbies. I love to sing but I won't show anyone. Why would anyone need to know? Psh, they need to know anything. I replaced my shirt with a black tank top, my pants with burgandy skinny jeans, my hair was released, my shoes with my sweet, white Adidas. I looked into the mirror and ruffled my hair a bit. My face was pale and my eyes were wide with excitement. I heard footsteps arriving into my house and a door slam. I glanced suspiciously out the door to see if anyone was there. No one. I cautiously reached into my drawer and took out my gun. I positioned it perfectly in my hands and aimed it in front of me. The footsteps were loud and heavy like someone wearing heeled boots. My dad's steps were flat and soft. I pressed myself against the opposing wall in the hallway and cocked the gun. 
I whipped around the corner with the gun aimed forwards but there was no one. My breath went ragged and my heart raced with adrenaline. There was a shadow that passed into the other room. I scrunched my eyebrows together. My head was sweating bullets. I tiptoed to the third room on the left. 

" Don't move! " I screeched fiercely. I jumped out into plain view and pointed the gun at the unknown enity. I stared at the man. Oh..Dad. I let my gun fall to my side loosely. I sighed with relief.

" Dad, you scared me.." I breathed while leaning against the wall. Dad, with an innocent look on his face, was staring at me with wide eyes and a piece of bread stuck in his mouth. 

" Oh I'm sorry Chaerin! Hahaha! " I giggled lowly and was about to go up to my room again but Dad called me back. 

" Chaerin! Wait! Can you do me a favor? " He had that look again. Uh oh. It's that look. I rolled my eyes and nodded reluctantly. He jumped up and down with joy. 

" I'm only doing this because I care about your safety Dad, don't expect me to join that friggin' Mafia you call a family. " I stomped to my room and put a sleeveless black jacket. It only showed my arms and it had a hood as well. I popped a piece of gum into my mouth and went into the kitchen again. 

" Let's go Dad. " I announced, waiting patiently. Dad nodded with a jerk of his head and grabbed his keys. From there on, we drove to Temptations, a dance club down on Fourth Avenue. I was going with Dad to meet one of the members of the Mafia to make a drop off. I freakin' hate doing this. Especially because I'm involved. I'm just going to defend Dad since he's getting old now. While Dad was driving, I glanced to the brown bag in his lap. It had a big oil stain on the bottom therefore making it look like it had food in it. Tricking everyone's eyes. 
We arrived and were greeted with men in black suits that looked too robotic to be human. They let us cut the long line that was developed a couple hours ago. 
Temptations was any other typical club. Loud, crowded, looked like a place to  be at when you're bored, a place with shining lights and flashing blings. We were stared at by the bystanders. It pissed me off. During our escorting, I paused and glared at the audience. 

" What the hell are you looking at?" I snapped at them causing them to flinch at my voice. We proceeded going inside and upstairs to the Mafia's private office. They owned the place by the way. 

Cool air conditioned air slapped my face as soon as I got in. The smell of cigarettes did as well. It was disgusting and repulsive. 

The leader of Mafia, Seungri, was sitting in a big fancy chair with gold tassles hanging onto their lives. I glared at him but supressed my anger when I see him. Dad was smiling like a kiss up and held the bag to his chest. Seungri was smoking and he had his legs crossed but when we entered he was being entertained by a private dancer. I almost gagged at the look he was giving her. Since he was too busy mentally undressing the private dancer, I had to clear my throat loudly and rolled my eyes. Both of them stopped and Seungri smirked at my prescence. I gritted my teeth. With a flick of his wrist the private dancer disappeared within a second.

" Welcome men." He shortly greeted but was looking at me. I wasn't afraid to glare back. Dad scuffled up to him and held out the package. Oh why is Dad so pathetic? 

" Yang Hyun Suk, you've followed orders perfectly this time. " Seungri praised, " You even brought your beautiful daughter. " He smirked. I clenched my fist. I have my gun tucked away behind me, on my back...if I pull out it out and shoot him....

" Yessir, here you go. " He handed the bag to him and bowed 90 degrees. I stared wide eyed at my dad. Why did he just-!? What the hell! 

" Good job. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some 'private' business to attend." Seungri winked at me and beckoned the dancer to come on out. I clenched my jaw so tightly I thought my teeth were going to fall out. 

" Let's go Dad." I pushed. Dad stumbled out the door and I followed, sensing Seungri's stare burning a hole in my clothed back. As we were descending the stairs, the music pumped and I saw an ocean of people from where I was standing. People were grinding, humping, doing the nasties, and some were just drunk off their heads. Lights were flashing and swirling with all different colors. It blinded me a bit and irritated my eyes. Reaching the dancing crowd, I kinda lost my dad. I lost sight of him and I couldn't find him. I was being pushed around in the crowd like a dummy doll. I got angry and shoved everyone out of my way. However, one person snatched my forearm and yanked me backwards almost causing me to fall. I spun around and dogged the person who did. It was a drunk who was stumbling around glaring at me with her heavily traced eyes. I scoffed in disgust. There was already a circle forming around us.

" Don't push me ! " The drunk yelled in my face, spitting some alcohol. I flinched and dragged my hand across my face to wipe it off. How disgusting. You see I don't use words when I'm pissed. 

I attacked her with a punch and a kick. She yelped in pain and I took the opportunity to twist her arm behind her back and jab my knee into her back, launching her into the crowd again. Security was yelling over the music and I decided to make a run for it. I glanced at the entrance and saw Dad waving at me, gesturing for me to go with him. It was too late, security grabbed me and took me upstairs. I thrashed and resisted all the way. 

They forced me into the same room as Seungri. I panted as I stood in front of him.

" This one was causing trouble." One of the security men said. I glared at the floor. Seungri shooed them away. He circled me like a vulture. I gulped and sighed.


"You know causing trouble in this club is prohibited." Seungri said curtly. I scoffed. 

" Girls get here almost everyday and people OD everywhere. How ironic you'd say that. " I spat.  Seungri  grabbed my hair and yanked it back. I screamed in pain. My hand flew up to grip his. Breath hissed through my mouth. 

" Don't you dare talk back to me. Remember that your father's life is in the palm of my hands and I will kill him if you pull anything else around here. " He whispered harshly into my ear. Feeling violated, I clawed his grip off my hair and twisted his arm around his back.

" You see that's the problem, I just can't help myself from messing up your little utopia." I whispered back into his ear. I jabbed my knee into his back like what I did to the other girl and then shoved him to stumble and hit the glass separating him and his fall down to his utopia. 

Knowing that there were guards outside of the entrance, I'm going to have to improvise. There was a window on the other side of the room. I ran over there, shoulder first, and broke the window on the first try. Some glass grazed my skin but that's okay. I lifted myself up on the window. The fall down wasn't that far so I'm going to die. I jumped and landed messily in the bushes. I got out of the bushes and scanned the dark streets. Where's Dad?

" Chaerin! " I heard Dad's voice holler to my right. His car was screeching down the pavement like a maniac. He screeched to a stop and then I jumped into the opened door. With that, we drove off into the night. 

I was panting labourously and my arms began to sting and my shoulder was hurting. I glanced down and I saw bloody cuts and bruises forming. I sniffled. Tears streamed down my cheeks. Fear and anxiety gripped my heart tightly and wouldn't let go. 

" What are we going to do, Dad? I've provoked Seungri." My voice trembled. More tears formed and slid down my face. Dad sighed with a fatherly aura. 

" When you were in his office, I knew what was going to happen. And I knew you'd take care of yourself and stand up to Seungri. So I called some people I knew and made some new arrangements for you. You're going to go to a new school in Seoul starting two days from now. We're going to start a new life and hopefully it will stay safe. We will leave Gwangju as of tonight. " Dad said in a grave tone. The tears has stopped and I was relieved. We were finally going away from this hellhole. 

" Chaerin, here. " He passed me something shiny with one hand while he was driving. I held it gently. It was a beautiful, silver necklace. The design was simple and there was a diamond embraced by the necklace's arms. Exquisite and simply sublime. The diamond was glimmering in the passing street lights and it seemed to glow with sentimental value. (
http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/395572426/Exquisite-necklace-a-beautiful-new-female-super-stylish-necklace-925-silver-necklace-women-30pcs-lot-mix.jpg )

" It was your mother's. She always said if you cried, to give this to you and let it absorb all your tears and sadness." Dad's voice mourned her departure. Dad's expression was tortured and betrayed. I put the necklace on and smiled at my dad to cheer him up. Seeing my smile, he gave a weak grin. 


" It's okay Dad. It'll be a new day tomorrow and I will protect you with my heart, " I grabbed a water bottle and held it up, " Cheers for a new tomorrow. " 

" Hopefully, the new tomorrow doesn't try to kill us. " 

 

------------------------------------------

Hey guys! 
I hoped you guys liked that chapter! I just wanted to say I love you all :D.