Chapter Ten

Black Butterflies and Gray Roses

Chaerin's POV

You see, that's what would of happened if I did apologize and spoke about my uneasiness with Jiyong, but I didn't. Instead, I stood there staring at his last question:  Am I too much of a player to talk to you now? 

I wanted to say no but I couldn't say anything to his face. I was silenced by his piercing gaze. I rubbed my hands and glanced down at them. I let out a breath. I didn't know what to say. We stood there, silent and uncommunicative. After at least five minutes, I cleared my throat to say something. 

"No, you're not too much of a player to talk to me. You're just..the best of both worlds. " I whispered. Jiyong's eyebrows furrowed and he blinked. He shoved his hands into his pockets. His expression was slightly relieved. 

'Best of both worlds? " 

"Yeah. When you talked to me that one day, it was like you were this really nice and decent guy but then I see you making out with these random girls and I wonder how you don't have mono yet. I mean do you have an alter ego or something? " I took a step closer to him. He was all ears. 

"Why did you avoid me? " Jiyong asked, changing topics quickly. It caught me off guard. I blinked once, twice and thrice. Do I tell him? Or have I let him know too much already? I glared at him for a couple seconds before answering. 

"I avoided you because..I-I .. Look, I don't want to talk about it. " I resorted to my desperate answer. I don't want to tell him. Should I trust him? Is he credible? Jiyong took his hands out of his pockets, stepped closer to me and placed his hands on my shoulders. I stiffen with contact. I glared. 

"You can tell me Chaerin. I know that you're uncomfortable with talking about your personal emotions. " That comment just sparked something within me. Who does he think he is? He doesn't know me at all! This guy doesn't know what I went through and what I am going through. What makes him think he knows me so well? Maybe it was a mistake telling him those super inner personal thoughts.

"You don't know anything about me. " I growled in his face. I got so close I could smell his scent. I ignored it and glowered into his dilated pupils. I studied his features, his handsome features. I shook my head. 

"Okay, I don't know a lot about you but I do know some things. For one thing, I can tell you don't get in touch with your feelings much. You're the type of person to hold it in and just deal with it on your own. And then when you can't take it anymore, you explode and regret the ink you spilled. Then with your regret, you start to push people away and you don't plan on trusting anyone that comes into your life. So yeah, I don't know much about you but I know what type of person you are, Chaerin. " Jiyong retorted, inching closer to me. We were so close that I could feel his hot breath on my nose. My name sounded nicec with his voice.

I didn't know what to say. He was right. I couldn't deny it. My eyes dropped with shame. I sighed with silence. What could I say? A bubble of panic formed around my chest. I wanted to run away. He's making me feel exposed. 

"See you later, Jiyong. " I tried to push past him but his hand shot out and grabbed my arm. I was stopped short in my tracks. I didn't turn back. I just wanted to get out of there. I don't want to deal with this at all. I bit my lip as I yanked and yanked but my arm wasn't released. I gave up after three tries. 

"Chaerin.." His tone made me freeze. It was so curious and desperate. I felt his hand slowly unwind around my arm; I let my arm fall against my side, limply. 

"Don't. " I sternly suggested. My voice was hard and cold as ice. I my lips; My fists were clenched with weakness. This guy...

"See you later. " I said and left. 

--------------------


Short chapter! I know! Next chapter will be longer, I promise!