Chapter Eleven

Black Butterflies and Gray Roses

Aigoo! :) 
------------------------

Jiyong's POV 

How can this girl be like this? I just told her some of my pure thoughts. I must know more about her. I have to. 

I stormed into the silent house and went straight into my room. I let myself collapse onto the bed. My legs hung off the edge as I thought about Chaerin. Why can't she accept me? What is this girl's problem..? 


I rolled over onto my stomach. I grunted as I whipped the window curtains wide open, letting some moonlight pour in. I gazed at the moon for a minute. What happened to Chaerin that was so traumatizing? Did someone burn down her house? Why did her mother leave her and her father? Mmm...how frustrating..

I sighed heavily as I closed my eyes. She was so different, Lee Chaerin. Ever since she decided to avoid me, I've been feeling...dull. Dull with the same girls coming onto me over and over again. Each time I would get frustrated or a bit depressed about Chaerin avoiding me, I'd pick one of the girls waiting in line and just play with her. Although, I was with random girls, Chaerin would pop up in my head. The time where I saved her from that gang. 

Why was that gang attacking her? She's still in high school and she is already involved with that type of business? How did she get into that business exactly? 

"She ran off with some other man after my father got into some bad business.." 

Her words echoed through my head. What caused her father to get into bad business? Her mother running off with some other man? Mmm..

I sat up abruptly. I remember her expression as she said those words. Those brown eyes pooling with pain and distrust. Betrayal in her voice and her fists clenched. The white knuckles popping out of her hands. Chaerin still must be bitter towards her mother; if I were her, I'd be furious. 

"...I only have my dad..."

Her voice was so sad; I could feel the lonesome emotion that emitted from her tone. I shivered as I recalled. There's more to her tough exterior.
 
-------------------------------

"Yah, Jiyong wanna hang out after school? " Youngbae hopped onto my desk playfully. I smacked his , laughed and the forced him off my desk. 

"Yeah, sure. What are  we gonna do though? " I questioned, glancing out of the window. It was fifth period. Youngbae and I had English class together. Togther, we were dynamite. Mr. Bang was attending a emergency teacher meeting and left us students unsupervised. The students were either chattering or doing their make up. I look up to see Lee Sunny winking at me. I gave a little smile then diverted my attention to Youngbae's plans. 

"So you up for Club Eden tonight? " He nudged with a greasy grin. I thought about it. Should I go to a club tonight? It'll be fun I know that for sure..what should I do? 

"Why not. What time? "

"Around 8 or 9. I'll tell ya later..." Youngbae's voice trailed off as Sunny passed by, purposely strutted seductively. He put his hand on his chest and released a shuddering breath. I smiled wryly and laughed. Youngbae winked at me and went after her. That made me laugh even harder. My laughter faded as I spotted Chaerin outside.

I paid attention to her expression; I rested my chin on my hand. Chaerin was in a PE uniform, which was red shorts and a white T-shirt. She had a hard expression etched into her face. Eyebrows were bunched up, eyes wide and awake with purple bags below, mouth zipped into a tight line...It's almost like she's trying to intentionally trying to tire herself out. Maybe even attempting to hurt herself. 

The students were playing volleyball; Chaerin was in line with the girls nearest to the net. A ball was spiked and Chaerin immediately jumped up and slammed the ball down, unintentionally giving one of the players a face full of ball. I snickered quietly. Some of the girls's mouths were moving and their fingers were pointing at Chaerin. Their expressions angry and appalled. 

The player that was hit whipped her head up, dabbing her nose. It was Gyuri, one of the queens of this damned school. I've only made out with Gyuri once but I know one thing about her: Never get her angry. 

I could hear the muffled voices through the window glass but couldn't make out what they were saying. But Gyuri was shouting for sure. My eyes landed on Chaerin, who was just standing there, weight on her right leg, arms crossed and a sassy look on her face. I smiled. This girl sure knows how to stand up for herself. It's attractive. Most girls wouldn't dare to even look Gyuri in the eye or breath her air. I leaned closer to the window. 


Chaerin stepped close to Gyuri's caked face. From my seat, I could sense the tension between them. I got chills. It was like there was a large black cloud hanging over their heads and lightening was striking them. 

Chaerin's lips moved. A few seconds passed, Gyuri backed off of Chaerin. She stormed out of my sight. Simultaneously, the  coach called the girls in to get changed. I smiled at Chaerin. Her eyes met mine; something sparked. My heart began racing and pounding. I gulped. She ripped her eyes off mine and headed in. 

I blinked. What was that? ..

"Alright students! Quiet down, I'm back! " Mr. Bang announced obnoxiously. Some groaned as we got back to the subject. 

Lee Chaerin, you are one mystery. 

----------------------


Chaerin's POV

After school, I met up with Minzy again. I told her what happened at school and it made her crack up. 

"I'm not even kidding! She said, 'Ah! You broke my nose! ' " I laughed and mimicked Gyuri. Minzy was holding onto her stomach as she laughed with no sound. She was literally dying of laughter. 

"Dude, who the hell gets a nose job during high school? You gotta wait until college for that type of . " She giggled. We were at Hongdae Park. Pedestrians were passing us one by one. We were sitting on a wooden bench. 

"Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you. I got two tickets to one of the hottest clubs in Seoul! Wanna go? " Minzy pulled out two tickets from her bag. Should I go? 

"Mm..." 

"Aw cmon Chaerin! I need a friend to have fun with! " She pouted. I chuckled and swung my arm around her shoulders. 

"Fine I'll come. " 

"Yay! "