TOP Got Married

TOP Got Married

 

I knew the chances of me being chosen were slim to none, but I was fine with that. Here I was, your everyday, ordinary girl, applying to be TOP's 'wife'. Hey, even being his pretend wife would work for me. I was so nervous and all I had done so far was fill out the paperwork. The questions on the sheet were so random. I knew that I could either answer them exactly how he would answer them, because if we were going to be honest, I knew this boy better than I knew myself. Or, I could answer them honestly. I opted for the latter. If I answered with what I thought he would say, they would catch on. As it was, it was hard enough to make it this far. They sniffed out the fangirls during the first round. Luckily they had not expected me of being a fangirl, which surprised the hell out of me. I took deep breath and filled out the form. After I finished, I handed the form in to the director, let them take my picture and I was gone.

 

I was a little embarrassed to have even entered this. I hadn't even told anyone about it. Sure, I thought it was the chance of a lifetime. To get to be on 'We Got Married' with TOP! I was used to the version of the show where they would get two celebrities and pair them together, but when they announced that they were looking for non-celebrities, I had to sign up. If I was going to be honest, I was praying that I'd get picked. I had spent the last 4 years of my life obsessing over his band, Big Bang. TOP was my ultimate bias. I headed to the coffee shop just down the street from the studio I had just left. I was in need of some caffeine. When I walked in, I saw about 5 girls that I recognized from the casting call. Three of them sat there crying, while the other two stood trying to conceal their happy smiles, to console their heartbroken friends. I'm guessing the happy two had made it to round two, while their sad friends hadn't. It had never occurred to me that i should be far happier than I currently was. I ordered my coffee and left the cafe, with the biggest smile on my face. That's it. I had to tell someone. I called my friend PARKMIN. She loved Big Bang as much as I did. After four long rings, she answered.

 

"Hello?"

 

"ParkMin! GUESS WHAT!!!!", I practically screamed.

 

"Hmm, you're marrying TOP?", she joked. I went silent. She was so close it was unreal. The fact that it was our wildest dream just made it all that more excited. "Wait. Jenn? What's going on? I know you're not really-"

 

I cut her off, "PARKMIN I SIGNED UP FOR WE GOT MARRIED TO BE MARRIED TO TOP AND I MADE IT TO THE SECOND ROUND!" This time I did scream and passers by stared at me as if I was crazy. Hell, I was going crazy and I didn't mind one bit. I couldn't hear anything on the other line.

 

"Min? ParkMin? Are you there? Hello?", I double checked that we were still connected, and we were.

 

"Jenn. Are. You. ing. Kidding. Me? ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME?! AHHHHHHHH!" I'm sure that if anyone would have been next to me, they would have heard her loud and clear. I was so happy that she felt my excitement and wasn't angry or jealous enough to hate me. I knew that would come from all of the other fans I knew.

 

"ParkMin, I don't even know how this happened. I saw that they were having the casting call and out of nowhere I just decided to sign up and I made it to the second round. I mean I probably won't make it past this round, but it's still-"

 

"Don't second guess yourself. I bet you make it all the way. I bet you will get to be his pretend wife. Ugh. You lucky . Remember, thoughts become things. If you think you'll get chosen, you will get chosen!."

 

"I love you for believing in me. I'm just so….AHHHHH!", I let out a mini scream.

 

"I love you too! Now, let me hear say that you're going to fake marry Tabi.", she demanded.

 

I laughed, I was going to fight her, but I knew she wouldn't let me go. "I will fake marry Tabi. I will fake marry Tabi. I WILL FAKE MARRY TABI." By the third time I almost believed it. We laughed and joked for a little while longer before she had to go. I checked the time and realized that I would be late to work if I didn't hurry.

 

I worked in a small family owned restaurant. The owners loved me and I loved them right back. Plus, their son JunHo was the best. I had a pretty big crush on him. I tried not to show it, but I'm sure anyone who knew me, knew I was in love with him. I walked into work in a happier mood than usual. Everyone noticed, but I didn't mind. I was on cloud nine. I was so gone, I didn't even realize that Jun was talking to me.

 

"Hello?! Earth to Jenn!", he said waving his hand in front of my face. I blushed and shook my head clear.

 

"Oh, sorry. What's up?", I asked, a little embarrassed.

 

"I was wondering if you could stay an extra two hours today. I wanted to leave early, I have a date tonight." I really wanted to say no. For one, I didn't want to work more hours on my short day and two, I really didn't want to help him date another girl who was not me.

 

"I don't know…", I started, but he started to beg.

 

 

"Please Jenn? Pleeeaaaasssseeee Jenn? Pretty, pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top?", he begged. I had lost to him. Man I was a mess, all he said was top and my mind instantly went to Tabi. I realized he was waiting for my answer and I reluctantly agreed. Ugh. I was such a push over for him. I tried my best to enjoy the next three hours of time I had with JunHo, but we were so busy, it was hard to even get a smile from him. At what should have been the end of MY shift, he came to say bye. He gave me a hug and a kiss on the top of my head.

 

"Thanks Jenn. I really appreciate this!" With a wink and a smile, he was off. So much for my great mood. Mrs. Kim, JunHo's mom came over to me. "Go ahead and take a 15 minute break and don't worry about Jun. It won't work out. It never does. Tom and I are still waiting for the day he realizes you are the one he's in love with."

 

Embarrassed, I took off my apron and rolled my eyes at her. "Yea, right, Mrs. Kim." Just then my phone started ringing. It was a number I didn't recognize. I almost didn't answer, but something told me I should.

 

"Hello?", I said into the phone.

 

"Hello, may I speak with Jenn Lee?", a man asked.

 

"Yes, this is Jenn. May I ask who is calling?", thinking it was a bill collector, I cursed at my luck.

 

"Hi, Jenn. This is Trevor from We Got Married. I was just calling to let you know that we have chosen you to be TOP's fake wife for the show. Are you able to accept? You will be shooting for 4 months straight. We can go over particulars later, if you accept."

 

I had to pinch myself. I really thought I was dreaming. I heard him clear his throat and I quickly pulled myself together. "Uh, sorry. Yes, yes. I accept." He gave me some information I needed and hung up. I stood there for a couple minutes, not sure if I had just imagined this. Then it hit me. I was going to be 'married' to TOP.