Chapter 8

My Missing Piece

The days whizzed past after Sanghee had signed the contract in which she would be working with the new director.

Even after so many days, she was still rambling about how she had fallen into his trap. Jiyeon occasionally caught phrases such as 'knows he is handsome and used him as bait' and 'no experience!'.

"Literature majors study plays don't they? Maybe he has a little experience with directing a play?"

 "What If he goes all artsy on me?"

Jiyeon thought hard about that question and simply replied, " Just tell him not to go all artsy on you."

Sanghee plopped down on the couch, "That makes sense."

Expectation often defers from reality. When she had a good feeling about the script-reading, the producers ended up rejecting her work. When she had a bad feeling during the second meeting, she ended up meeting this new director who reignite her hope. This time, Sanghee promises herself to not feel anything. When you do not expect anything, whatever happens would only be surprising, not good or bad.

Jiyeon smiled as Sanghee's snores filled the place. She still has a good feeling about this.

-

Jiyeon stared at the crowd waiting with papers in their hands. Some were chatting leisurely amongst themselves while some are busy staring at a mirror and putting on different facial expressions. Jiyeon got all excited when she spotted some known actors among the crowd, looking confident while waiting. While trying to discreetly make her way closer to them, Jiyeon almost stepped onto a piece of paper on the ground. She picked it up and tapped on the man nearest to the paper.

"Excuse me, is this yours?"

The man briefly turned away from his phone and his eyes landed on the paper. After a moment of scrutinising the handwriting, he finally took that paper from her.

"Thank you," he said, with a wide smile on his face. Jiyeon returned his smile and walked away, feeling a sense of familiarity from that man.

 Sanghee was in the audition room, busy flipping through files of known celebrities that were sent earlier to her via connections. Sipping on the cup of coffee that Jiyeon had prepared for her, her eyes scanned through  the various faces and experiences they had.

"Don't worry, we will find the perfect cast," a smooth voice ringed in her ears as she jumped, surprised by the sudden presence of  the director. Sanghee gave a brief nod before returning to what she was doing. At that moment, Sanghee wondered if she would ever get used to him.

-

Two hours past since the start of the audition and Jiyeon soon found herself very bored. Digging through her bag, her fingers found itself on a copy that Sanghee had given her. Sanghee has the habit of writing two versions for her script. Firstly the original script and second, the detailed version of the script. The second version is more like a story and it is often this version that keeps Sanghee inspired.

 

Today is a strange day. I knew it the moment I opened my eyes and realised I woke up before the alarm starts ringing. I managed to properly finish my breakfast and even left house early. I stood at the train station and walked towards where I thought the second carriage was. The second carriage always had lesser commuters as compared to the middle carriages. As the announcement signalled for the train's arrival, I stepped closer to the edge of the platform and swiftly made my way in the packed train. I grabbed hold of the closest handle and steadied myself amongst the crowd. Five more stops. Just five more stops and most of these working adults would be gone. It was, after all, the central area. Amongst suits and ties, I was probably the only one wearing a school uniform.

Not a while later, I started to become increasingly aware of the close proximity between me and the man behind me. As the train came to a stop, the man had seemingly lost his balance and pushed against me. At that same instance, he had placed his hand on my hand which was grabbing onto the handle. In my mind, I was contemplating hard if it was just an accident or should I blow things up. I pushed him away as I glared and he looked up with an apologetic look, as if it was all just an accident. I was so confused. What if it really was but just an accident? To be on the safe side, I tried to shift away. However before I could do that, another man pushed past the crowd to stand between me and the man. My eyes widened, unsure if those two were in cahoots or not. With his suit and sling bag, he had his arms folded and eyes staring straight. His chestnut brown hair shone even brighter with the sun shining in the train. His presence had effectively blocked away that ert from my sight. I have no clue if that was a good thing or not. I kept my eyes on him, wary of his actions. Throughout the whole journey, he merely stared straight, with his arms folded. With him there, it felt as if I was protected. That feeling was strangely pleasant. I felt safe for the first time.

Soon, the train reached the central area and the working adults made their way out. I sneaked a peek towards him as he made his way out. My heart literally skipped a beat as our eyes met for a brief second before he turned away and left.

Like I had said, today is a weird day.

 


 

Just saying:
This is totally not realistic at all. I'm just coming out with random stuff and hope it fits. 
Hmm  so what do you guys think about the script? Do you want to read more or is it too much? Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!