Chapter 4

My Missing Piece

 

The moment she read the message, it was like her worst nightmare was coming true.

I'm coming. Don't check the internet.

As the headlines glared at her, she felt nauseous and her vision started to blur.

As she blinked, her vision cleared considerably  only for her to realise that a lone tear had managed to slip out of her control. She clenched her fist tight, willing her body and mind to remain strong. Hyomin felt utterly exhausted, with all energy slowly seeping out of her. Her world began to spin and she had to lean on the wall and slowly make her way to the door when the doorbell rang.  She could hardly make out where the door knob is. Hyomin forced her eyes close and started feeling her way around. The moment she felt the door knob, she gave it a slight twist and opened her eyes slightly to see a spinning Minhae. Everything else after that is just pitch darkness.

 -

 A panicky voice that she recognised as her friend began asking questions. "Will she be alright?"

 "Not to worry, she just needs to eat. Monitor her diet well and everything will be alright." The monotonous voice echoed in her head.

 "Thank you, Doctor Lee." For a moment, Hyomin could clearly visualise Minhae bowing and sending the doctor off.

"Yah, I saw you twitch. I know you are already awake." Minhae said.

 Groggily, Hyomin opened her eyes to see an annoyed Minhae staring at her with her arms folded. "How long has it been happening?"Minhae asked.

Clearing , Hyomin then replied, "you mean Junhyung or food?"

"Both."

"Junhyung is about two weeks. Food follows right after."

 "Why didn't you tell me?" Minhae stared at her accusingly.

 "Didn't want you to worry."

"Isn't this worse?"

Hyomin nodded and smiled.

 "You don't trust him?" Minhae asked

"I just don't know what to do anymore."

"What's more important now is for you to rest well. We'll talk about this later."

Hyomin gave a slight smile before drifting off to sleep again.

 


 

Just saying:

Finally... Another short chapter but i've finally introduced everyone WEEE~ let the story begin!
Anyway, are the conversations confusing? Just visualise it like you're watching a drama and i guess it would make a lot more sense? Hmm...