Chapter 6

My Missing Piece

 

Ever since she left high school, she had been working under her senior, Sanghee, who happens to be a popular scriptwriter with many popular dramas and movies under her belt.  Sanghee, like Jason, found Jiyeon to be someone rather interesting. To Sanghee, Jiyeon is not only her assistant but also her muse. How often is it that anyone can chance upon someone unique like Jiyeon, who lives in a whole new world of her own. To Jiyeon, Sanghee is a precious sister that she has found herself relying on.

"Jiyeon, it's going to get hectic soon. Prepare yourself."

Ever since Jason moved out of that apartment, Jiyeon had also packed everything and moved in with Sanghee. Not only is it more convenient for her, it is also a way of escaping from the lonely thoughts that haunts her.

Jiyeon nodded and continued flipping through the draft that Sanghee had given her.

Jiyeon smiled, "I like the story so far."

"Me too." Sanghee folded her arms with a smug grin.

"But it's dangerous. A middle-aged man with a girl who is barely twenty may not appeal to the public."

"You know I don't really care. All those producers should know that I never write to impress."

Jiyeon passed the papers back to Sanghee.

"When are you meeting the director?"

"After lunch. We're going to have a good discussion."

"Good luck. I really hope that they would like the story as well."

Sanghee kept the papers in her handbag and grabbed hold of Jiyeon's hands.

"I have a feeling that this is going to be epic! I'm so excited!"

"Me too."  Jiyeon smiled, a sudden feeling of hopefulness taking over her.

-

Jiyeon fiddled with her phone while waiting for Sanghee to bring her good news. She stared at the same message, her mind drawing a blank as to what to reply.

Take care of yourself. Make sure to eat your meals regularly!

Eventually her fingers trailed along her phone and sent a short reply back.

You too.

Jiyeon turned towards the corridor when Sanghee's voice grew louder.

"I would not change the scirpt. If you can't accept it then I guess we won't be able to work together as we initially thought."

Sanghee gave a brief bow before heading towards Jiyeon, with the director looking frustrated.

"Come on, let's go."

"The script?"

"Oh right!"

Sanghee headed straight back to the director and snatched the script off his hands.

"Miss Han, please reconsider!"

"Come on Jiyeon, let's go."

Sanghee grabbed hold of Jiyeon and pulled her away.

"You sure this is the right thing to do?"

"This broadcasting station needs me more than I need them. Don't worry, they'll come crawling back soon."

-

 

Jiyeon stared as Sanghee dug through the huge pile of papers on her desk.

"Did you see my phone? I thought I heard it ringing. Oh wait I found it!" Sanghee smiled triumphantly upon holding the phone in her hands. She quickly answered her phone and frowned instantly. She said a few 'yes' and 'okay' before hanging up the call.

"What's wrong," Jiyeon asked, eyeing Sanghee's expressions.

"Boss told me that they have arranged another meeting with that same director and some producers…"

"Are they willing to compromise?"

"I doubt so. Jiyeon I have a bad feeling about this…"

"Go for the meeting and see what happens? Things may not turn out that bad?"

"I'll be back soon. Help me clear that mess?"

Sanghee gave the sweetest smile she could muster before leaving Jiyeon to deal with that huge pile of papers that seem to be mocking her.