Chapter 7

My Missing Piece

Sanghee brushed imaginary dust from her skirt and sat straight on the chair, placing her precious script on the table and gave a small smile towards those sitting opposite her. She did not missed the look of annoyance on their faces. Sanghee could not blame them, she was just as annoyed as them.

Their last meeting did not turn out the way they expected and they were desperate. It was a well-known fact that the ratings of their dramas have not been hitting their expectations, even when they dumped in heaps of money into getting the top celebrities. Their last resort was for them to collaborate with her.

Shortly, the door opened to reveal a tall man making his way in while smiling brightly at Sanghee. She quickly turned away, unaware of her increasing heart rate as she met eyes with the handsome man.

Taking his seat in the middle of the table, the man asked, "Everyone's here?".  The lady nearest to him quickly replied him with the sweetest smile on her face. Sanghee instantly rolled her eyes at her obvious attempt at trying to impress the man.The man nodded without paying much attention and quickly turned to Sanghee.  "Miss Han, let me formally introduce myself. I'm Lee Jin Wook,  the new director that has replaced Director Kim. I've requested to take this drama ever since I heard that we will be collaborating with Miss Han." With that, he flashed his charming smile at her again.

Surprised by the sudden revelation, Sanghee pointed to herself and let out a soft squeak, "Me?"

"Yes. I've always enjoyed your work. I'm really hoping to be able to work together with you. Would you be willing to work with me?"

As Sanghee stared at the charming man, there is only one word in her mind.

"Yes."

Everyone else in the room stared at her with wide eyes. They took such a long time trying to persuade her during their last meeting and yet it took him less than five minutes.

His smile begins to falter.

"But there is a problem, " he said.

Sanghee felt like someone just stole her favourite snack from her.

He continued, "The sponsers are not willing to get a middle-aged actor for that role. I've talked to them about it and have come to the compromise that they would allow for someone near middle-aged. Preferably end twenties."

Sanghee let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay."

Again, everyone stared at Sanghee, feeling extremely bitter.

With his smile back on, he extended his hand towards Sanghee, "Let's make this epic."

Without hesitating, Sanghee took his hands and gave it a firm shake, releasing a nervous smile.

"Of course."

-

 

Jiyeon sipped on the hot chocolate as she listened to Sanghee's rant on the new director.

"I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster! Every smile and word drove me crazy. All I wanted was to be able to work with him and see more of this amazing guy!"

Jiyeon lets out a small laugh. She could clearly see what was going on in Sanghee's head. The love story between a director and the scriptwriter.

"I've never heard of him or his works though…"

Jiyeon took another sip of her drink, "He has no experience."

"What?"

Jiyeon slowly took out a file from her bag and passed it to her. "After you left, boss told me to get this."

Sanghee quickly flipped through the pages of information and wanted so badly to shoot herself.

"Literature? He majored in literature?"

 


Just sayin:

I'm throwing too many characters in but let's see where this leads. btw, check out lee jin wook and his drama 'nine' if you haven't. :D