Chapter 5

My Missing Piece

 

"and they lived happily ever after."

He gently closed the book and glanced at his beloved daughter who still had her eyes wide open.

"Daddy, can I be a princess too?"

Her daddy smiled and lightly patted her head.

"You already are, my princess. Daddy's the king and Mummy's the queen. Your prince will find you if you go to sleep now."

Jiyeon smiled, hugging her doll and drifted off to sleep, hoping to meet her prince in her dreams.

-

In the world of fairytale, happily ever after exists. This also exists in Jiyeon's world. Her grip on her doll tightened when a crowd of people kept giving her strange looks. She did not understand what those eyes were trying to tell her but they all looked the same. She did not understand why those people are crowding around her parents either. It was noisy and there were lots of camera flashes. The lady who had taken her away from the crowd told her that her parents had eaten Snow White's apple and would not be waking up anytime soon. The only thought in her head was that she had to quickly find her prince who would save her parents.

Like an adventure, Jiyeon carried her doll and followed the lady who brought her to a new place. That place was horrible. She was constantly surrounded by people who were like Cinderella's stepsisters. Throughout the years, she was always alone. The people there did not like the way she talked, calling her names when she often talk of her adventures as a princess. The first few days that she came, she would often cry herself to sleep but those evil witches could not tolerate that. She was punished when they caught her. Jiyeon learned to hide her tears the hard way. She the tiara on her doll's head and pictured her parents with her on an adventure.

-

 

The first time she saw him, it was as if her prince has finally arrived on his black horse. Or to be more precise, a toy car instead of a horse. Jason was the one who had retrieved her doll when those bullies had snatched it from her. At that instance, she could not react, barely registering the fact that the only doll that holds her together was gone. He had reassured her that he would get it back for her and eventually delivered her doll back. Ever since then, she stuck to him like glue. The only person who understood her and chose to be by her side is someone that she could not be away from. Jason is Jiyeon's prince and she would not let anyone else take him away.

-

She watched as he folded the pile of clothes and packed them in. He took everything away, leaving no trace that he ever came into her life.

"Take care of yourself, I'll be going now."

He gave her a small pat and smiled at her. He hugged her doll tightly as she watched him walk out of the door and out of her life.

Jiyeon knew. She knew what happened to her parents. She knew how her fantasy world had crumbled into pieces in front of her eyes. But, is it wrong to still hope that happily ever after exists?

 

 

He was more like the knight, but never the prince.

 

 


 

Just saying:

I didn't realise I've been away for that long O.O time flies by too fast...

Well, Jason isn't that bad of a guy now is he? :D anyway enjoy~