Side story 1

My Missing Piece

Wish me luck.

Puzzled, she quickly replied that strange message. From what she knows, they do not have any important schedules right now.

For?

Her fingers trailed over to her playlist and changed the current song that was playing. She switched to view her message when she felt a slight vibration.

Ohoh has the almighty Joon made you curious? *wriggles eyebrow*

A small smile replaced her bored expression. He sure is as cheeky as always.

I will send you all my bad luck if you do not give me an explana-

Before she finished typing, a call had interrupted her.

"Hello?"

Her fingers tightened around her phone.

"Okay, I'll be there."

-

 

She had thought of so many different possibilities and explanations in her head. She was sure that nothing could be worse than all those ridiculous thoughts in her head.

She carefully pushed the door, scanning through the crowd before her eyes landed on the lone figure sitting at the corner. She carefully made her way towards him. Junhyung was staring at his phone intently but she soon realised that screen was blank when she went nearer. She was reminded of how Hyomin was. Just staring at a blank phone, seeming deep in thought so that no one would disturb them.

She lightly tapped on his shoulders to get his attention. "Hey," he said, pointing at the opposite seat. He gestured to a nearby waitress and ordered drinks for them. She should have known he would be no better when she saw Hyomin. Seeing how quiet he was, she decided to start the conversation first, "Why didn't you explain?" He remained silent, just staring at the phone of his.

She knows how ambitious he can be and now with his rising fame, scandals are right at his tail. Yet she knows that he would never do that to her best friend. "You know, she ended up in the hospital." That finally caught his attention and he froze, not knowing what to say. "Say something! Why did you call me out if you don't plan on talking," she yelled.

"Tell her I'm sorry and that I have to do this. Tell her that I can't go back to her anymore," he said, grip tightening on his phone.

 "The Hyomin we know would want you to say this to her yourself." With that, she left the place, feeling the need to punch something badly.

-

Girl, why aren't you replying?

Finally realising what she was trying to remember, she quickly replied.

 

Sorry, had to deal with something. So what do you need luck for?

 

Audition for this drama that this extremely picky scriptwriter is writing. Even the big-shots have to audition.

 

Oh that scriptwriter? I like her works. You have to get the role! I'm sending all my luck now!

 

Yeah I really need that now. I almost lost an important paper.

 

Get into actor mode now!

 

Oh I gotta go now. See you later!

 

GOOD LUCK!

 

She then made her way towards their studio.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her fingers trailed lightly on the different keys, struggling to remember the correct notes. She was so deeply concentrated that she did not realise someone had entered the same room. She looked up only to see her favourite pair of eyes staring at her.

"What are you doing," he made his way towards her while she quickly took her hands off the piano.

"Admiring the piano," she said, slightly embarrassed that he might have heard her poor piano skills. He smiled at her before gesturing for her to scoot towards her right.

"What were you playing?"

"Payphone. I can only play the melody though."

"Go on, I'll keep up with you."

Though hesitant, her fingers trailed slowly on the keys and she was awed by the background music that he provided. She abruptly paused after hitting a wrong note and let out a smile, "I've only learnt till here." He briefly returned a smile and proceeded to showing off his oh-so-awesome piano skills.

"I bet you use this to get girls," she said. Amongst Chopin's music, his soft chuckle was heard, "You didn't fall for that."

She briefly nodded.

"What's troubling you?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"To me, yes."

"I met Junhyung just now," and all the words spilled out about their meeting. He then flexed his right arm for her. She frowned at his actions but immediately understood it. With no mercy, she punched him hard while he winced.

He let her vent her anger on him since both knows that there is nothing much they can do about that two idiots.