The Burden of a Secret

Exploiting Seungri's Secret

Once a secret is exposed, of course it gets harder to try to hide it. People gossip. Others grow suspicious.

Seungri loved Jiyong. That was his secret. But as it turned out, it was never really his secret. It was theirs. Jiyong knew all along. Seungri was never good at hiding things from Jiyong, but Jiyong was. So, without Seungri knowing, Jiyong had helped Seungri keep his secret by keeping it to himself. He pretended not to be aware of Seungri's secret for a long time. He pretended to be indifferent and treat him like a brother. He waited patiently for the secret to be exposed from Seungri himself.

And then it happened. Seungri confessed. But it was only after Jiyong kissed him in that dance studio after yelling at him that it happened. It was only after Jiyong wrote that song that Seungri had to break down in front of him.

So in the end, Jiyong didn't keep Seungri's secret. The elder had teased and hinted too much. Jiyong just couldn't wait any longer. As he started realizing that he loved Seungri back, he wanted the secret to be exploited more and more.

And now here they were, Seungri and Jiyong, together with a shared secret. A shared love for each other.

Jiyong promised himself he wouldn't mess up this time. He wouldn't allow their secret to get exploited any further. He had something to protect now. Therefore he was willing to carry the burden of having to let go of Seungri in some aspects in order to keep their secret safe. He understood the reputations each had to keep as idols. As respectable men.

"We can't be like this," Jiyong said under his breath.

It was early evening at the local park, the sun setting into the sky. Jiyong and Seungri were at a currently vacant playground with Seungri gently being pushed by Jiyong on a swing set.

"I know. You're G-Dragon and I'm Seungri," the younger said with remorse. "I get it."

Jiyong stopped pushing against Seungri's back. He lifted his head to the peach-stained sky and stared wistfully at the parting clouds.

"Is that it then? You fought yourself so hard to deny your feelings, and now you'll just throw us away?" Jiyong's heart ached.

"But you just said 'we can't be like this!'"

A tear escaped, slowly rolling down Jiyong's cheek.

"I want to fight for us. I want you to fight with me."

"Jiyong, we'll get caught. I mean, I want to fight for us too. I love you. But I can't risk ruining your name."

Jiyong heaved out a long sigh, suddenly gripping the chains of the swing for balance.

"What makes you so sure we'll get caught?"

"I can't keep secrets and I can't hide things. I mean, now almost everyone in Seoul knows I watch !"

"Seungriyah! The only reason people know of that is because I was the one who exploited it! Its not that you can't hide things, but rather you can't hide them from me."

"But-"

"Seungriyah, you have to trust me. I can keep all your secrets. We can share this secret together."

"I'll mess it up somehow. Its more like I can't trust myself..."

"Then just place all your trust in me. How could you be so unsure of yourself? I have plenty of trust in you! You're the overly-confident maknae!"

"Hyung, when I'm around you, my insecurities come out. I'm just Little Seunghyun, not everyone's Seungri..."

"But I love you that way. Its the side of you that no one will ever know of because I won't share you," Jiyong laughed.

Seungri rested his head against one of the chains, close to where Jiyong's hand was gripping. The elder took the chance to slide his hand down to run his fingers through the maknae's hair. Seungri let out a sigh.

"If we...If we went back to being like brothers again...when we're around others...would that save us?" Seungri inquired.

The elder bent down to dig his chin into Seungri's hair. He inhaled the familiar smell of Seungri's shampoo and enjoyed the tickle of his hair against his lips.

"You do realize what that would mean right? We'd be letting each other go quite a bit. There are eyes on us often. We're almost always around others. We could only be us in times like these. In private...sneaking out..."

"It would be a burden I'd be willing to take on," Seungri admitted. "I can't just leave all this to you..."

Jiyong moved his hands from playing with Seungri's hair to rest them on his shoulders. A smile played at his lips.

"I'm going to miss this. We have so many promotions coming up," the leader mused.

The last sliver of the setting sun faded below the horizon line, painting the sky into a darkening blue.

"Yah, hyung. We should go back, right? Dinner is probably ready..."

Jiyong wrapped his arms around his maknae, still behind him at the swingset. Seungri squirmed around a little, simply trying to be responsible and get them back to the dorm, but Jiyong wouldn't let go and Seungri gave up.

"Just a few more minutes," Jiyong whispered.

And just like that, Jiyong held Seungri in his arms for just a while longer. Just enough for the two to relax into each other and truly realize that this was a secret worth keeping.

--------------

Author's Note: The End..

Yeah, bad ending. I feel like GRi turned bipolar or something. Jumbled lots of random thoughts together. XD Forgive me. Umm. If I make an epilogue, it would probably be just another short fluffy update or something..or maybe another , this time with Ji on top? Lol. But really, I just thought I would end it here...Thanks for reading and subscribing. :3