Kismet: Chapter 1

Kismet

"Jenny eonni! Open the door! I forgot the passcode again!" a drunk Charlotte giggled and banged on our apartment door, conveniently forgetting that the doorbell was there for a reason.

"Where's your key, Char--?" I opened the door to see Charlotte hanging on limply to a man. Not just a man, but a very pissed off man. If looks could kill, he would have already been a murderer.

"Where is this girl's room?" through his angry tone, his voice was smooth. I showed him the way to Charlotte's room, not able to say anything.

"Aish! Seriously! The one day I decide to drive on my own, and this happens," he muttered to himself. As he put Charlotte in bed, he gave me a dirty look, and I, in return, gave a surprised look. I followed him to the hallway as he walked out, when he yelled, "You tell this girl to stop drinking so much and stop being a pain!"

"Excuse me? Is there a need for you to raise your voice right now?" anger was starting to boil inside me. I understood his frustration of having to carry Charlotte up to the apartment, but he was stepping a little out of line.

"Raise my voice? RAISE. MY. VOICE?!" His words filled with venom. "Do you think this doesn't warrant a yell, at least? That girl threw up in my car. My car. I don't even know her! Do you know what she did? She ran up to my car at the road junction! Thank the heavens that I didn't hit her! Now that I've done a good deed by returning her home, which is far away from where I was intending to go, she decides to pass out on me!" he had no signs of slowing down nor shutting up.

"Fine! Fine! Thank you for your 'good deed' and taking care of my housemate. If you'll just shut up and lead me to your car, I'll clean up the mess!" I had to cut him off. He was making me agitated with his own anger, and the sight of him repulsed me.

"YOU!" he drew his face close to mine as I backed up against the wall. I could see the fine details of his face and his earthy smell seized my senses. He looked exhausted, with bags under his eyes. My own eyes, however, were sizing up the outline of his luscious lips.

I found myself breathing heavily, feeling a little dizzy from the proximity. It was unclear to me how it started. Maybe it was the passion in the anger we both had, but now that his face was close to mine, I wanted to kiss those full lips of his. I wanted to bite down on them and hurt him. Oh, how I wanted to hurt him.

Unsure if it was the same for him, but my head was clouded with images of stripping him down bare. His eyes, on the other hand, gave him away.

When at first I saw anger, I saw a glimpse of wanton, but replaced with confusion flickering in his eyes.

He stepped back and cleared his throat.

"I'll send you a bill of the cleaning service. There's no need for you to come out at this hour," his volume lowered down considerably, there was a soft gruffness to his voice.

He avoided my eyeline, and walked out of the apartment, as I stood there, watching him leave.

"What the hell just happened?" I thought.

It was past 2AM, I detoured into Charlotte's room to make sure she was fine before walking back to my own room. "What have you done this time, Charlie?" I sighed to no one in particular.

The next morning I woke up to the smell of pancakes; my favourite. I saw Charlotte standing over the stove with pancake batter in her left hand. She was about to pour onto the pan when I said, "You sure know how to say sorry."

She turned towards me with an apologetic smile. "Eonni. Mianhae. Jeongmal mianhae.1 I didn't mean to come home pathetically drunk like that."

"It's fine, Charlie. It's the guy who brought you in that needs to apologize with pancakes. Who was he anyway?" I already knew that he was a complete stranger to the both of us, but I tried my luck anyway.

"I don't know. I have a hard time remembering last night. Eonni, waeyo?2 Did he do something to me?!" Charlotte started to panic.

"No, nothing happened to you besides being intoxicated. It doesn't matter now, I guess," I shook my head as I dug into my pile of pancakes covered with chocolate sauce, the way I liked it.

It was me he did something to, because now I could not get him off my mind.

1. "Eonni, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." [Eonni is how a female address another female who is older than her.]
2. "Why?"

Author's note: Yeoreobun annyeonghaseyo! I don't know much about MBLAQ, but I've recently been crushing on Seungho and his kissable lips. (Just as I'm typing his name and picturing his face, he's giving me the shivers!) I'm not sure if it'll be as long as Serendipitous, but do anticipate this storyline! :)