Chapter 9

Don't Push Me Any Further

As Taemin predicted , they weren't able to hang out anymore like they used to. Mostly because Taemin himself is busy with juggling school and his new job as a cashier at a grocery store, while Kibum is working almost everyday from 9 am to 11 pm. They are so burnt out that on their days off they just want to lay on their all day. It  was one of the rare days that they both had a day off on the same day. That particular day, Kibum seemed to be cheery and had a lot of energy to waste.

"Taemin, let's go somewhere." Kibum trid to lift the covers where Taemin wrapped around like coccoon.

"I don't wanna.. i just wanna stay indoors" Taemin replied lazily.

"But it's nice outside .. it's not tool cold" Kibum insisted trying to lift Taemin off of the bed.

"Goodness! what part of 'I don't want to' don't you understand?" Kibum was taken aback. It's the first time Taemin told him off and the first time ever that Taemin raised his voice on him. " I'm tired and I want to be left alone"

As Taemin wished Kibum left him alone all day. Kibum went out to drink at a bar by himself and found a solitude in drinking alone. I need to do this again He thought.

They didn't see each other again for days after that day because their schedules did not permit them to. By the time kibum comes home at night , Taemin is already in bed and when Taemin leave in the morning Kibum will still be in bed. and on their days off they left each other alone to rest and recharge.  And that went on for weeks and weeks. The incident from before was long forgotten , on Taemin's part anyway; but for Kibum it's not. Kibum never asked Taemin again to hang out after that. Kibum figured that Taemin needed some alone time and space that he asked for because he really is growing up now.

Kibum started going out on his own, spending time at a restaurant bar near his home. He got to know a girl there and they went out a few times but not really serious enough to introduce her to his brother or his parents. Both him and Taemin made a rule before that they would only introduce their partner if it is serious enough.

Kibum went to work with a slight hang over from his  last nights little adventure at the bar. They are going to open in a little bit and he needed some aspirin really bad. He's busy nursing his head when a pair of hands with pills and orange juice appeared right before him.

"Good morning sir! Take this.. it'll help you feel better"

Kibum looked up and saw Minho. Minho is the head waiter of the restaurant. He is good looking man with the longest pair of legs he had ever seen. Minho's a good worker and a charmer, he might add.

"Thanks Minho!" He gladly took the pills and relaxed on his chair a little bit and closed his eyes. Minho cleared his throat to remind him that he is still there. He reluctantly opened his eyes and waited for Minho to speak up.

" I think... you've been drinking a lot more lately.. Is everything okay?"

Kibum sighed ,  he opened  his mouth ready to deny the whole thing and to dismiss Minho but Minho beat him to it before he could say anything.

"Don't answer if you don't want to... it's not my business and we're not friends, you're my boss so yeah.. but if you want to talk about it, i'll tag along with you.. just let me know."

"Are you asking your boss on a date?"

"If you want it to be..."

And with that Minho walked out of his office with a smile on his face that made Kibum felt light headed. When Minho closed the office door, he scrambled on his feet and took out Minho's file on his cabinet and reviewed it. It's nice to get to know your date beforehand.

A/N: A short second update ya'll... there minho is in the picture! i'm just trying to finish this story because it's getting a little too boring and just dragging! I was going to make Minho a girl but since Taemin kept his gender .. it's only fair for minho to remain as a boy I guess...