A new home... new life

Don't Push Me Any Further

Days went by and it's already Taemin big day. His graduation day. After this day, he is free to lead his own life. Well maybe with the guidance of his brother. He left a message to his brother earlier that day and he didn't get a reply yet. Maybe he wanted to surprise me. He kept thinking.

The ceremony started and he kept glancing around, each time his disappointment grew and grew. His brother's assigned seat is still empty and can't be found no where. The ceremony has ended and his brother did not show up. No voicemail, no text message , nothing. It pissed him off but mostly disappointed. His brother wasn't there to witness one of his golden moments. Sure he may not be the valedictorian or salutatorian nor an honorable mention but he is on the honor roll list , he ranked 27 out of 342 and on top of that he also got his AA degree at the same time. It's not fair.

It took him a few good minutes to realize they were not heading home immediately. They are going to eat dinner where Kibum used to work.

"Will hyung be there?" His mom could only shake her head and tried to gave an excuse for his older son but he is not having any of that. His brother did not show up. That is all he knows.

--

"I thought by now, you are already heading to Orlando?" His mom asked him the following morning. He was just lazing around his already emptied out room. His things are already stuffed in his car. "Or did you change your mind?"

"I feel lazy.. don't feel like driving" He murmured

"Lazy or are you mad at your brother?"

He looked at his mom and shook his head. He's not really mad at Kibum , more like disappointed. It's the first time kibum ditched him afterall.

"He probably is waiting for you already... so go"

His mother pulled him by the arm and pretty much dragged him out the door and shoved him into his car.

"wow mom! you must really want me to go" His mom just laughed at him and told him to drive safely.

--

Since it was his first going to Orlando all by himself, he got lost and pretty much drove all over the place. The supposedly 1 hour drive became 3 hours and he is still on the road trying to find his way. He spotted a Walmart store and decided to park there and ring up his brother.

"Hey! I've been waiting for you! mom said you left 3 hours ago.. I was worried!" Kibum raged after the 3 rings.

"I got lost" He said sheepishly.

"Where are you?"

He told him he is at Walmart parking lot but apparently there is like 2 other Walmart near the area. He looked around and described where he is and his brother started laughing like a maniac.

"Taemin, you are way off.... you are like 5 miles away right now... hang on tight brother.. I'm on my way."

He jumped like a kid when he saw his brother and almost close to tears as he hugged his brother because they haven't seen each for 3 weeks and his brother just saved him and he is hungry.. god darn it!

Kibum's apartment is not bad at all. It's a condo type apartment and they live on the 4th floor. It has 2 bedroom and 2 bath, a kitchen/dining/laundry and a living room. It's small but cozy. Everything is kept at minimal. It literally screams BACHELOR(s). Kibum gave him the smaller bedroom but he really isn't complaining since Kibum is paying for everything anyway.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend your graduation yesterday."

Taemin stopped unpacking his clothes and looked at kibum who is currently trying to put bedsheets on Taemin's bed. Taemin hummed as a response but shrugged his shoulders after. Now that he think about it, it isn't really a big deal anymore. He doesn't even care about it anymore.

--

Key and Taemin spent the summer adjusting to the new city. Both have been busy trying to sort their own life. Taemin kept himself busy looking for a job and with paper works that needed to be submitted at his university. Kibum on the other hand, kept himself busy receiving additional training for the new restaurant, busy interviewing/hiring people, helping out his bosses on other things in general. Even though , they don't have much time to spend together somehow they still manage to. They would go see movies, shop for furniture and decorations, grocery shopping when they have time.

And just like that, summer is about to end. There's only a week left before Fall semester starts. The restaurant is going to open tomorrow. Kibum is excited and anxious and nervous all at the same time.

"Are you sure about this hyung?" He asked as they were eating dinner. "I mean, that's a big responsibility right there"

"I know what i'm getting myself into, brother." Although Kibum doesn't voice it out, Taemin knew that kibum is feeling a bit unsure, insecure about the whole thing.

"Do you?... but , I mean.. we wouldn't be able to spend time together..."

"We'll manage to somehow"

--

A/N : Next chapter .. I'll be introducing Minho.. and will be the start on MinKey..