Who is disregarding who?

Don't Push Me Any Further

Key was a little surprised to come home to a dark house. His brother must not be home, he decided. He fumbled his way to the kitchen and switched on the lights. It surprised him even more that the kitchen was just as clean as he left it 2 weeks ago. He then again came to a conclusion that Taemin ,his brother, must have finally learned to clean.

Satisfied with the cleanliness of their shared apartment, he his heels and decided to take a long hot shower. He stopped right on his track when he noticed the crack of light coming underneath Taemin's bedroom door. The smile that spreads his face grew wider and wider as he slowly, quietly opened the door wanting to surprise his brother.

Unfortunately for him though, Taemin knew he was home and was looking at the door the moment it cracked the littlest bit open. He decided to cut the act, since he failed big time and just casually opened the door like it was his intention the whole time.

"Hey there! Didn't know you're home... House was dark" Key greeted.

"Hey yourself, Didn't know you'd come home" Taemin retorted.

Key walked to his brother's bed where his brother is laying down, currently surfing the net. He stood at edge of the bed , waiting for the his younger brother to move and make a space for him, just like what they always do. This time though, Taemin didn't move and continued surfing.

"What?" Taemin snapped, glaring at his brother

"Just scoot a little bit... I just wanted to hang out with you. I haven't seen you in weeks you know." Key replied. He tried not to show his sadness but his voice quivered just the tiniest bit but his brother noticed it. His brother hesitated for a moment before scooted to make room for him.

An unfamiliar silence and awkwardness fell between them. Something that's never happened before. They used to never ran out of what to talk about , they used to laugh at whatever and even when it gets quiet, it would be comfortable silence but not like this.

"So what did you do today?" He asked trying to lift the awkward atmosphere.

A shrug was all he got from the younger.

"Ah..." He replied. As if he really understood what Taemin meant. But in all honesty, he was baffled. So he tried again, "Hey wanna watch a movie? Avengers? or Hunger Games?"

"Not really..." Taemin replied and that's all it took for him to voice out his confusion.

"Aright! What is wrong with you? If you don't want to see me, talk to me just say so! Don't treat me like I'm someone else! I'm your brother not a stranger that you need to disregard"

Taemin laughed without humor. His eyes was full of pain and bitterness. "Do you even hear yourself right now?  You left 2 weeks ago without telling me where you're going or when are you coming back! I waited every ing night without fail . I texted you, tried to call you but did you bother answer? No! now tell me Kibum, who is disregarding who?"

He stood there speechless. He thought he was giving Taemin a favor. He thought he was giving Taemin a space every other teenager would die to have. He was wrong, Taemin was never like any other teenager, his brother needed him.

If he could think right now, he would have apologized to his brother for leaving him like that. If he could think right , now he would comfort Taemin who is sobbing in front of him. If he could think right now, he would have promised Taemin to make it up to him and promise not to do it again. But he could think straight at the moment, so he did the easiest thing for him to do, leave.

"I'll... I'll be going..." was all he could say, trying so hard not to cry in front of his brother.

"Yeah! go! leave ! leave me again! I mean, im just your brother! we don't need each other!" He heard Taemin yell from the other side of the door.

 

A/N : aaaaah! I don't know!! should I continue? I just decided to write this 10 minutes ago so...