Back Pedalling

Don't Push Me Any Further

It turns out Taemin had nothing to worry about. The initial worry of potential abandonment wore off because they still see each other every night. Sometimes on Kibum's days off and Taemin's done with school for the day , they'll go see movies, go shopping, and sometimes eat dinner at a restaurant. But most of the time, they'll stay at home and Kibum will make sushi or simple dish or whatever he learned at the restaurant he's currently working at.

The night before Kibum's 20th birthday, they sneaked a bottle of vodka from the wine rack, along with slices of lemon, salt and chips and took it to Taemin's room while their mom was at work. It's their first time drinking and they probably should have taken it easier but the idea of drinking vodka was thrilling. The idea of drinking underage was cool at the time.

Taemin's hand shook while holding the shot glass on one hand while he's holding a lemon with salt with the other hand. "Am I doing this right hyung?" He looked at Kibum with curious eyes.

"How am I suppose to know?Let's do it on 3 okay? 1....2...3"

"Bleeekk!! That... that was... " Taemin was speechless. The alcohol burned down his nose and throat. The lemons did not do anything to chase down the disgusting taste.

"Amazing.. I know!" Kibum exclaimed.

After the third shot, Taemin felt so light, a little dizzy and nauseous  but in a good way somehow. "So this is what being drunk feels like huh? feels heavenly" Taemin said slurring his words.

"Pfft... you're drunk? one more shot!" Kibum offered another shot of the alcohol. Taemin denied it at first but took it back as quickly as he turned it down.

"No! Don' wanna... wait no... yeah I want more" Taemin eagerly streched his hand towards the glass. He was about to down the alcohol when the bedroom door swung open. Their mom was home.

--

"Aww! Is he your boyfriend? He's adorable! Do you wanna work here too?" Kibum's boss asked, fussing over Taemin.

"No.. he's my little brother and no, mom doesn't want him to get a job yet.. not until he graduate high school anyway" Kibum explained.

"Ah... so this is the little brother.  that's a shame. It would be nice to have such face as a server... I bet all teenagers will go crazy over him"

"you and your evil plans... I don't like that idea... He's young and not accustomed to western culture yet" Kibum said, draping his arm over his little brother's shoulder.

"protective much huh?... hmmn... How is he going to get someone if you're always together... same goes for you, Kibum." Both teen agers just shrugged. That was the first time they've heard that statement but definitely not the last.

It seemed that wherever they go , they've always been mistaken to be lovers. Can't those people see they look so much alike? It was weird for both of them at first, it made them feel awkward to be seen together in public for a while but after some time they've learned to get past that but things deifnitely changed.

For Taemin, it made him think a little bit. Maybe they've been spending too much time together. How many times had he seen people checking Kibum out but none of them approach his brother because they thought he was Kibum's boyfriend? How many chances of getting a partner had he missed because Kibum might have scared them away? Maybe they're not giving each other room to grow and explore their own self. Maybe it's time to back off a little bit.

A/N: A very very short chapter but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway... I hope my brother won't know I'm sharing our story.. oh gosh!