The Growing Years Together

Don't Push Me Any Further

A/N: okay so this started way before chapter 1, a flashback basically... the following chapter(s) you will see how Taemin & Kibum relationship as siblings changed. Let's start with KeyTae as children. 

(on a vacation on their dad's farm , country side)

"Hyung! wait!" A 9 year old Taemin yelled trying so hard to keep up with his 12 years old brother.  His older brother was so much better at walking a bumpy dirt road than he does. His brother did not even listen to him, instead he quickened his pace even more.

"Taemin, do you hear that?" Kibum asked , frozen in place. Even though he doesn't really know what his brother was talking about since he can only hear the snapping of twigs, field crickets, croaking of frogs and humming of birds but he's been hearing that for the past hour so there;'s nothing really special about it now but the look on his brother's face made him nod nonetheless. Kibum's eyes were filled with pure joy and excitement.

"That's the creek Taemin! come on!! I think it's that way!" Kibum suddenly dashed where the sound of water is coming from.

He sighed for the millionth time and ran after his brother. Afraid that he might lose his brother, he tried to ran faster not caring what and where he is stepping. A fatal mistake, he realized a few moments later when he fell face down the ground. He got up but when he looked around he's brother was no where to found and it was quiet. That's not what scared him though, it was a big fat worm with lots of legs slowly approaching him that made him scream and cry.

"Taemin! it's okay ! it's okay! i'm coming!"

Next thing he knew his brother was cradling him, cooing his fears away. "It's okay baby, did you trip? oh no! you scraped your knees! let's wash it okay?"

He was a bit embarrassed that he got scared of a worm so he let his brother think that yes, he's cried because he's bleeding. He was led to a beautiful creek. It's was so surreal, peaceful and relaxing.

----

( A year later at the farm on the country side)

"Taemin catch this okay?" His bother's squeaky voice from the top of the tree.

"Okay!" He replied. Although he was a bit unsure of his catching skills, he gonna try anyway. His brother just climbed up a tree without a clue of what he's doing, of course he would not want to fail with a simple task of catching a fruit. The said fruit or fruits fell down simultaneously by his side and the last one fell right on top oh his head.

"Ouch! hyung!" He complained!

"I'm sorry... I think that's enough for both of us"

"sure. come down!"

A few seconds ticked by and Kibum was still situated at the branch he was sitting on.

"Hyung! why aren't you moving?"

"Taem, I don't think I know how to climb down..." Kibum confessed.

"Well , just try!"

"Taem, there's a ... there's a snake on the tree... it's right there... I think i woke him up" Kibum said panic was lacing his voice.

Sure enough when Taemin squinted his eyes the branch seemed to be moving. Wait no, why is the branch moving? oh yeah a snake!

Key yelled as loud as he could nearly jumping down the tree. He last branch snapped broken and he fell first on the ground.

"Ouch!"

"Hyung, you okay?"

"Snake Taemin! run!"

"but the fruits-"

He did not even finished his sentence but kibum was already a few feet away from him. He glanced at the snake and it was still there, so he calmly picked the fruits that his brother worked hard for.

--

During rainy days where the two boys can't go out to play, they loved to make an experiment. Kibum was always curious what happened when he mixes this , with that. Taemin would be always be eager to see the extent of damage his brother had done. But most of the time, Kibum likes to experiment cooking, well experiment meaning following the cookbook, and most of the time it was edible and delicious.

"Hyung, can we play on the rain today? I'll tell dad we'll shower right after" Taemin pleaded. He loved the rain.

"I already asked him Taemin and he said no... why don't we.. experiment?"

Taemin's ears perked up at the word experiment. Last time he heard that, his brother blew something up. He's not exactly sure how or why it happened but it was fascinating but their dad were extremely furious though.

"Let's go hunt for ingredients"

"let's" He eagerly replied.

20 minutes later.. both of them were eating his brother's version of Lo Mein and the kitchen was in a huge larger than life mess.

--

A/N: like I've said in the foreword this was based on me and my older brothers' story. and yes, this chapter all happened in real life. The last bit though was kind of crucial in the story.

Oh , i'm a girl but since this is a shinee fanfic.. Taemin had to play my part.

pls tell me know how you like it