Chapter 6

By Your Side

“Come to my office. Now.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in less than an hour, Mr. Bossy!”

 

“Why did you call me here? Any news?”

“Good news.”

“Will I receive it?”

“Yes.”

“How?”

“Just sign this contract.”

 

Taeyeon looked up from the contract she’s been reading and exclaimed, “Mworagoyo?! I’ll be your secretary, housekeeper and personal assistant?!”

Leeteuk answered blankly, “Neh, don’t worry. 14 weeks won’t hurt you.”

Taeyeon shook her head in disbelief. “Seeing your face is already a pain in the ! And you’re telling me I have to endure this everyday?!” she put the papers down with a slam.

Leeteuk devilishly grinned, “Not just everyday—more like 24/7 for 14 weeks.”

“This is impossible! I’d rather be working somewhere else than to see your face every minute of every day!”

“That’s totally fine with me. Don’t sign the contract, then,” Leeteuk confidently said as he sat back on his swivel chair.

“You bet I won’t!” Taeyeon stubbornly folded her arms across her chest and looked away with a smirk.

Leeteuk leaned forward and said, “But don’t expect to receive the 20% of The Park Group of Companies’ stocks, too. Arasseoyo?”

“WHAT?!” Taeyeon worried.

“Remember,” Leeteuk said, “it was not named and willed after you, Kim Taeyeon. Technically, you don’t have any rights or whatsoever over what my father stated in his Last Will & Testament.”

“B-But--” Taeyeon stuttered.

“You see, Kim Taeyeon,” Leeteuk sighed, “What I’m offering you here is a win-win situation.” He gestured towards the contract that Taeyeon put down. He continued, “This is the only fair plan I can come up with & I bet my life that you can’t come up with anything better.” Leeteuk scoffed braggingly.

Taeyeon sarcastically countered Leeteuk’s remark. “A win-win situation?! Fair?! I don’t think so!”

“Then what’s the fuss?! I think I’m wasting my time here talking to a pea-sized middle schooler who thinks she’s soooo independent & capable of handling a situation bigger than her!”

Taeyeon’s fists clenched. “YAH! For your information, I’m NOT pea-sized! I’m also definitely NOT a middle-schooler. AND I. CAN. HANDLE . THIS,” Taeyeon’s voice cracked.

Leeteuk’s eyebrows slightly went up upon hearing Taeyeon’s voice crack. He challenged, “Okay. Now, tell me how..”

Taeyeon took a deep breath before she answered hesitantly, “T-The c-contract..”

Leeteuk laughed triumphantly after hearing Taeyeon’s answer. “Well, well, well. What a smart choice, Kim Taeyeon-ssi,” he applauded smugly. He reached for his inside pocket and handed a pen to Taeyeon.

Doubtful, Taeyeon just stared at the pen in Leeteuk’s hands. She took in a deep breath with her eyes closed.

“Are you signing the contract or not?” Leeteuk interrupted her moment.

Taeyeon opened her eyes as her trembling hands reached out for the pen and the contract. As she said, she signed it, though not without doubt and fear. “There,” she sat back as she looked helplessly at the signed documents.

Leeteuk invaded the space between them and grinned. He whispered, “I look forward to working with you, Ms. Kim.”

“Well, I don’t!” Taeyeon flinched back from Leeteuk’s unusual closeness. She unconsciously rubbed her nose as Leeteuk’s distinct scent lingered on it.

“As I said, you don’t need to fret because you’ll be just like my temporary..” Leeteuk stopped to think of a suitable term, “a temporary all-around personal assistant until I hire another secretary & find a trustworthy housekeeper.”

“I’m not dumb, you did not have to repeat it,” Taeyeon spat.

“By the way, how old are you?” Leeteuk asked as he swung his swivel chair slightly to the sides.

“I’m 21, wae?”

Leeteuk’s eyes widened and he laughed, “You’re 21 years old?!”

“WAE?! WAEYO?!”

“You look like you’re just 16 years old,” Leeteuk chuckled as he took a good look on Taeyeon from head to toe. “Your height betrays you,” he smirked.

“It’s not funny,” Taeyeon stubbornly blew her bangs out of her eyes. “And you?”

“I’m 27 years old.”

“Jeongmallyo? You’re 27 years old?”

“Yes, why?”

“Well, you don’t look like you are,” Taeyeon held her chin.

“I look younger, right? Like I’m at least 5 years younger, right? Right?”

“Aniyo, you look like you’re 36!” Taeyeon stuck her tongue out.

“Liar,” Leeteuk confidently said because he was sure he looked younger than his age. In fact, Taeyeon was really lying when she said that Leeteuk looked older.

Taeyeon comically imitated a vomiting person and said, “Old man!”

“You should be kind to me,” Leeteuk fixed his tie and continued, “Because in 14 weeks or less, you might be working with me as one of our company’s major stockholders.” Leeteuk was talking about the possibility of Taeyeon acquiring what Park Yongwoon left for Kim Daeheyong.

“Work with you, not for and under you,” Taeyeon corrected.

Leeteuk rolled his eyes in response and added, “But before all of that, you’ll be doing so.”

“Doing what?”

“Work under me. Work for me,” another mischievous grin formed on Leeteuk’s lips.

“Aish!” Taeyeon whined.

“You’ll start work tomorrow & move in with me tomorrow, too. My new house needs a lot of cleaning since I also just moved in so it will be good for you to start the cleaning as soon as possible.”

“GAAAAAHHH! Does Mrs. Park, your mom, even know about this?” Taeyeon is just starting to take in the reality of the situation she’s stuck in.

“Yes, and she’s more than happy to see you again—to thank you,” Leeteuk rolled his eyes.

“EHH?!”

Leeteuk rubbed his chin with his thumb and forefinger. “She even told me that having you work for me is unnecessary and that if she was on my shoes, she’d just give the stocks to you without any condition.” He made a disgusting look as he recalled his mother’s words.

Taeyeon laughed.

Leeteuk sighed, “Of course she’d do that. You saved her life.”

Taeyeon said excitedly, “I like your mom. I’m so looking forward to meeting Mrs. Park again.”

“She feels the same as you,” Leeteuk shook his head in disbelief.

“She does?” Taeyeon smiled.

“Neh. You might meet her tomorrow since you’re moving in.”

Taeyeon’s smile immediately faded as soon as the thought of living with this man in front of her came to thought.

“Does your mom know my dad?” Taeyeon asked innocently, changing the topic.

Leeteuk firmly shook his head, “No.”

“I’m just puzzled why Mr. Park Yongwoon, your father, left such a huge amount of money for my Appa,” Taeyeon stared at the ceiling.

“Well, me too, but we should solve that part of the problem some time later” Leeteuk admitted before changing the topic as well, “You better tell your friends and boyfriend,” Leeteuk suggested.

“You’re right, I should. Thanks for reminding,” Taeyeon stood up and fixed the creases in her dress. She bowed and said, “I should get going. Bye, Mr. Park.” She turned around and headed outside but when she was about to turn the knob..

“Kim Taeyeon-ssi!”

Taeyeon’s eyebrows met as she turned to look back and ask, “NEH?!”

“Don’t you dare bail on me,” Leeteuk threatened by holding up the signed documents for Taeyeon to be reminded.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and finally said, “I’M NOT DUMB!” before slamming the door behind her.

 

“MWOH?! Live with him?!” Kangin stopped walking and grabbed Taeyeon’s wrist, forcing her to face him. Taeyeon just told him about the whole set-up she has with Leeteuk.

“I protested at first,” Taeyeon tried to explain, “But I think moving in with him will be the most convenient for both of us, since I’ll be her housekeeper and secretary, too. ARGH! I’M LIKE A SLAVE!”

“Does that mean going to and from work together?” Kangin’s eyes widened.

Taeyeon disappointedly nodded but said, “I have to deal with this. We have to deal with this. This whole thing’s for me, anyway.” She reached out to caress Kangin’s cheek and sighed.

Kangin sighed, too and they continued to take their stroll on the park, now with their fingers intertwined.  “For how long? Will you live with him, I mean?” he asked as he swung their hands.

“14 weeks only,” Taeyeon tried to make it sound as pleasant as possible.

“FOR 14 WHOLE WEEKS?”

Taeyeon frowned and looked at the skies above them, “I need this. You know I do.”

“Yes, but--”

“Kangin oppa,” Taeyeon cut him off, “You promised.” The girl pouted.

Kangin tilted his head to the side in confusion.

“You promised me that whatever my decisions will be, you’ll support me.” Taeyeon was now staring at the ground, still filled with disappointment. Then she felt Kangin squeeze tighter on her hand.

Kangin sighed. “For you.. okay.”

 

“Where have you been?” Kahee asked Leeteuk who was still wearing his office attire. “And why did you want to meet me here?” the woman looked around her—Gangsaeng Park, the couples’ park.

“Obviously from my office,” Leeteuk modeled his attire that made Kahee laugh and he received a light punch on his arm. He continued, “I just got off a conversation with a middle schooler.” Leeteuk guffawed as Taeyeon’s face came to thought.

“A middle schooler? Who could that be?” Kahee asked as she sat on a vacant bench and Leeteuk invaded a space beside her.

“The girl that day..” he tried to explain, “The same girl that gave me a 90o bow during Appa’s--”

Kahee cut him off, “AHH! THAT GIRL!” She folded her arms across her chest and playfully told Leeteuk, “She’s a cute girl. Inyoung unnie thinks so, too.”

“MWOH?! CUTE?! She’s like a child! A middle schooler, to be exact! She’s just 21 years old, noona! Can you believe that?”

“So young..” Kahee nodded. “But still very cute.”

“Neh, but I like older women, noona. You know that..” Leeteuk blushed because he was referring to how he likes Kahee.

“Aigoo, Jungsoo-ah. We talked about this already,” she looked apologetically at Leeteuk.

“I won’t give up,” Leeteuk pouted.

“EOMO!” Kahee pointed behind Leeteuk, totally disregarding what Leeteuk said.

Pissed, Leeteuk turned around and indeed familiar faces came to view.

Kangin and Kim Taeyeon.

“Kim Taeyeon. Kim Daehyeong’s daughter. Kangin’s girlfriend,” Leeteuk replayed Taeyeon’s sarcastic introduction inside his head.


Seems like fate is having fun with those two—Leeteuk and Taeyeon. Kekeke~ :D Please feel free to ABUSE the comment box below, HAHAHA :D Thanks, everyone~


COMMENT REPLIES

@shanaa12. neh, neh.. you're definitely right. :)

@NaMinoSonElf. uhmm.. BOTH?! Kekeke~ Thank you! ^.^