Chapter 7

By Your Side

“EOMO!” Kahee pointed behind Leeteuk, totally disregarding what Leeteuk said.

Pissed, Leeteuk turned around and indeed familiar faces came to view.

Kangin and Kim Taeyeon.

“Isn’t it her? The girl from that day?” Kahee tried to confirm from Leeteuk.

Leeteuk just nodded with his eyes fixed on Taeyeon and Kangin who were approaching towards their direction, but still unaware of their presence.

“Come,” Kahee pulled Leeteuk towards the lovers.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo~” Taeyeon immediately recognized them and bowed politely at Kahee but smiled a fake one at Leeteeuk.

“Neh,” Kahee bowed back at her and smiled.

Leeteuk put his hands on his pockets and looked away as Kangin did the same with a smirk.

“I think I saw you before,” Kahee pretended to recall a memory as she prompted Leeteuk to introduce her to Taeyeon.

“Ah, neh,” Taeyeon nodded.

“You know her, right?” Kahee elbowed Leeteuk.

Leeteuk sighed, “Neh, noona. This is Kim Taeyeon.” He turned to Taeyeon uninterestedly and said, “Kim Taeyeon-ssi, this is Park Kahee noona.”

“Neh, nice to meet you. This is Kangin oppa,” Taeyeon told Kahee enthusiastically. The small girl elbowed her boyfriend, too despite of her knowledge that Kangin doesn’t like Leeteuk and his deal with Taeyeon.

Kangin forced a smile and reached out to Kahee for a handshake, “I’m Kangin, it’s a pleasure.” Shortly afterwards, she held Taeyeon in the arm and said, “Taeyeon-ah, we need to go.”

Taeyeon just played along and nodded.

Without any respectful farewell, Kangin dragged Taeyeon away.

Seeing the situation, Leeteuk came up with a mischievous idea. As he watched the lovers walk away, he called, “See you tomorrow, Taeyeon-ah!”

Kahee just laughed and asked, “You dropped the honorifics already? Taeyeon-ah?”

“Aniyo, just trying to piss the man off,” Leeteuk shrugged.

“And see you tomorrow?” Kahee asked again.

“She’s moving in with me.”

“I can’t seem to follow everything, Jungsoo-ah,” Kahee scratched her head.

“It’s complicated but to make the long story short, she’s doing me favor in return of one from me,” the man grinned devilishly.

“Whatever, so childish,” Kahee giggled.

 

Taeyeon-ah? He calls you Taeyeon-ah?” Kangin exclaimed as they waited for a cab.

“I bet he’s just teasing you,” Taeyeon laughed.

“I don’t like him,” Kangin admitted.

Taeyeon agreed, “Me, too. I don’t like him.” She leaned forward to kiss her boyfriend on the cheek and whispered, “I like you.”

Kangin seemed to not have heard and Taeyeon pouted as her boyfriend changed the topic. “I think you should let the girls know, too. Say goodbye,” Kangin was referring to her close friends—Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun.

“That’s my plan, actually.” Taeyeon gave another kiss to Kangin.

“What’s that for?”

“Goddbye kiss. I’m going to tell them alone. Kangin oppa needs rest. Annyeong~” Taeyeon bowed and walked away.

 

At school, Taeyeon waited for her friends’ dismissal since she already dropped out from school.

Seohyun came running to Taeyeon, waving. “Unnie! Did you wait long?” The other girls were just behind her.

“Aniyo,” Taeyeon shook her head.

“Why did you need to meet us, unnie?” Sooyoung asked.

Yuri butted in, “Have you now really changed your mind about my offers?”

“No, I need your help to pack all my things,” Taeyeon seriously said.

“PACK?! WHERE ARE YOU GOING, TAEYEON UNNIE?” Hyoyeon asked, shaking Taeyeon.

“I’ll tell you if you will help me,” Taeyeon slightly smiled.

Yoona said, “Of course, we’ll help you.”

“So that you will tell us,” Sooyoung added with a snicker.

“YAH!” Taeyeon scolded.

Seohyun laughed and explained, “They’re just kidding, unnie.”

Hyoyeon seconded, “Neh, so when do you need our helping hands?”

“Tomorrow morning since I’ll be leaving tomorrow, too,” Taeyeon held her chin.

“Today’s Friday. Can we have a sleepover tonight at your house, unnie?” Yuri suggested.

“That’s a better idea,” Taeyeon sighed.

 

The next day at 8:00AM..

Park Hansoo, Leeteuk’s mother, visited his son in his new house.

“Why are you here, eomma? Really?” Leeteuk asked his mom.

“Well,” Mrs. Park held her chin & looked around the room cluttered with boxes, “I wanted to check the place where you will be staying, of course. Are you sure you’re gonna be okay alone?”

Leeteuk rolled his eyes. He did not believe a single word her mom said. “Of course, eomma, I’m 27 years old. It’s about time I live on my own,” he answered for conversation’s sake. Leeteuk knows for sure the real reason why his mom is here—Kim Taeyeon.

He regretted mentioning to her mom the fact that Taeyeon would be moving in with him today. He broke the silence, “Eomma..”

“Neh, Jungsoo?”

“I know you’re here because you found out that Kim Taeyeon-ssi will be here today,” he admitted.

Hansoo, her mom, laughed gracefully. “You know, huh?”

“Of course, eomma. I know you.”

Mrs. Park sighed as she smiled at the ceiling, daydreaming. “I hope you marry a girl like her,” she said out of the blue which made Leeteuk choke.

“MWOH?! EOMMA! I LOVE KAHEE NOONA!” Leeteuk pointed.

“I know, I know,” his mother giggled. “I like Kahee, but I love that Taeyeon girl.”

Leeteuk laughed, “This is unbelievable! You haven’t even really met that girl yet, eomma!”

Hansoo disregarded Leeteuk’s remark and looked around the house once again. She dramatically said, “My, my, my.. This house is a mess!” Mrs. Park clicked her tongue.

“That’s where Kim Taeyeon-ssi fits in! She will do the cleaning,” Leeteuk snickered.

“Aigoo~ So heartless!” Hansoo shook her head at the sight of Leeteuk who seemed to be enjoying Taeyeon’s pain. She fumbled for her phone from her purse and made a call. “Hello? Cleaning services?”

Leeteuk’s eyes widened because she know what her mom is up to—Mrs. Park Hansoo will hire cleaning services for a day so that all the work will be done by the time Taeyeon arrives. “AISH!” he messed his hair furiously.

 

Meanwhile in Taeyeon’s house with Seohyun, Yoona, Sooyoung, Yuri & Hyoyeon..

“I can’t believe you’re gonna be living with such a HANDSOME RICH BOY, unnie!” Hyoyeon said as she zipped close the last of Taeyeon’s luggage.

Last night, Taeyeon told her friends everything.

Taeyeon protested, “Yes, he’s rich but not handsome. And he’s not a boy, he’s an old man!”

“Aigoo. Taeyeon unnie, are you blind? He’s soooo dreamy!” Sooyoung sighed. Boy hunter. HA!

Taeyeon just shook her head in disgust.

“Still, you’re so lucky!” Yuri pushed Taeyeon to the bed with a wide smile on her face!

Lucky? I’ll be like his puppet! I don’t see where the word ‘lucky’ enters the scene,” Taeyeon said as she fixed her shirt.

“But unnie, what did Kangin oppa say about this?” Yoona asked curiously as she gestured for the others to talk in the living room instead.

The girls followed her and slumped on the couch with Taeyeon’s things ready.

“I bet he’s fuming!” Yuri thought aloud.

All the other girls laughed, even Taeyeon.

“He has the reason to be furious,” Seohyun said, “Taeyeon is too precious to risk!”

“What are you talking about, maknae?” Taeyeon asked.

“Nothing, nothing,” Sooyoung lied, distracting Taeyeon. All the other girls knew that Seohyun was talking about the Kangin’s risk of losing Taeyeon to Leeteuk.

Taeyeon wasn’t really convinced but she continued, “I don’t think Kangin oppa and that old man will get along well.” She frowned.

“Duh, unnie!” Yoona rolled her eyes playfully.

“Hello?! Whose boyfriend will be happy to let her girlfriend live in the same house with a hotter guy than him?” Sooyoung joked, making the others burst into laughter except Taeyeon.

Their laughter was interrupted when someone knocked.

Knock knock.

Taeyeon stood up to answer the door and squealed when she saw her boyfriend.

“Kangin oppa!” she leaped into his arms and gave him a big hug.

Kangin rubbed her back and broke the hug. “I brought you girls breakfast!” he raised a plastic with several packed meals inside.

“YEAH!” Sooyoung rushed to the door and snatched the food from Kangin’s hands.

“Come in, oppa,” Seohyun called and he did.

A few moments later, everyone was eating in the dining room except for Taeyeon and Seohyun who helped her unnie double check her things.

“I’ll miss you, unnie,” Seohyun admitted.

“Aww, Seo..” Taeyeon dropped her things and walked to Seohyun to hug her.

“Tiffany unnie might be surprised about this news,” the maknae of the group sighed.

Even though they all treated each other as sisters, Taeyeon and Tiffany were different.. they were like twins—inseparable.

“I should also tell them, neh?” Taeyeon broke the hug and said, “Go and eat your breakfast outside. Tell everybody to not disturb me here inside my room.”

“Huh?” Seohyun was not following.

“I will contact them via the Internet to tell them everything, too. They should still be awake,” Taeyeon said as she looked at the time.

“Neh!” Seohyun obediently did as she was told.

For hours until lunchtime, Taeyeon talked to Jessica, Sunny & Tiffany through a video chat. As expected, the intensity of Tiffany’s reactions exceeded the others.

Tiffany was more worried than the others, sadder than the others and she even cried tears which were not seen from others. The TaeNy love is obviously beyond words.

After lunchtime, the girls went home one by one, leaving Kangin and Taeyeon to have their alone-time before Taeyeon officially moves in with the new CEO-slash-President of The Park Group Of Companies’, Park Jungsoo.

As they cuddled close to each other, Taeyeon fell asleep on Kangin’s lap but was awaken by him, too.

“Taeyeon-ah,” Kangin gently shook her to wake her up.

“Neh, oppa?” the girl rubbed her eyes.

“You have one missed call,” Kangin handed Taeyeon her phone.

Taeyeon looked at the time. 7:15PM. She stood up weakly, “Kangin oppa, bring me there, please?”

“Of course..”

Taeyeon took a shower before she and Kangin headed to the address that Leeteuk gave her.

 

Kangin raised his fist to knock on the blinding white door that he and Taeyeon stood in front of.

Knock knock.

“I see you’re not alone, Kim Taeyeon-ssi!”


This izz it! :”) Taeyeon-ah, FIGHTING! ^.^ Spoiler alert: I heard a rumor that there will be a conflict between Taeyeon and Kangin in the next chapter. I’m not sure if the rumor is true, though. Kekeke~ TaeTeuk Shippers, shall we celebrate about the rumor >:D I’d be glad to know what you think about this fanfic, readers! ;) 

Please also support my new HaeFany fic entitled "Destiny's Game." Click HERE to start reading! :) 


COMMENT REPLIES

@shanaa12. neh! you're absolutely right! it's aroung three and a half months! >:D