Chapter 10

By Your Side

Taeyeon and Leeteuk’s noses were almost touching; their faces millimeters away.

After a few seconds or so in that position, the two people were pulled back into reality by the sound of Taeyeon’s alarm.

“AAAAAAAAAAACK!” the two maniacally shrieked at each other’s faces.

Taeyeon quickly hid under her blanket as Leeteuk dashed outside of her room.

After a few minutes of sensing if she was now alone, Taeyeon decided to take a bath, thinking that doing so would wash away the memory of what just happened. “Wait, wait. I don’t remember sleeping in my bed last night.. I just remember dozing off at the dining table while that Jungsoo-ssi babbled about our schedule,” Taeyeon thought as she unconsciously and obsessively scrubbed her whole body to the point of reddishness. She stepped out on her bathrobe and ran to her room as fast as she can.

While patting her hair dry, Taeyeon noticed a note on her bed, written on a piece of yellow sticky-note. It read: Erase, erase. Breakfast’s ready, by the way. >.<

She smiled and agreed with the note. Erase, erase.

Taeyeon headed to the dining area where Leeteuk was waiting but dead silence made it impossible to ‘Erase, erase.’

Leeteuk cleared his throat and began, “This is the last time I’ll cook breakfast. That’s your job.”

Taeyeon went with the flow of acting as if nothing had happened and answered, “Sorry. It won’t happen again.”

The two people started eating breakfast and Taeyeon wondered if Leeteuk cooked all of this during the short time that she was taking a bath. Oh well, might as well enjoy the last meal that this man will ever cook for her. She giggled at the thought.

“Anything wrong?” Leeteuk raised an eyebrow at her.

Taeyeon stopped herself and shook her head. “By the way,” she remembered, “What happened last night?”

“Honestly?” Leeteuk asked.

The girl felt uneasy with Leeteuk’s answer. Will it be better for him to sugarcoat what happened last night? What happened, really? Taeyeon responded by nodding.

Leeteuk smirked, “You weren’t really paying attention while I was discussing our schedule.”

“And..?” That part Taeyeon already knew.

Leeteuk spoke while he picked on his food because looking right at Taeyeon’s eyes would not really help right now. “And when I looked up, you were already asleep. I tried to wake you up but no luck..” Leeteuk drew a deep breath in before continuing, “So I decided to carry you to your bed.” He then shoved a spoonful of rice to his mouth and started munching, pretending that it’s not a big deal. It was to him, though—a big deal.

Taeyeon clicked her tongue as one corner of her lip curled up arrogantly. “I knew it, I knew it.. You’re a ERT!” She pointed her chopsticks at the man accusingly.

“YAH! IF I was a ert, I should’ve undressed you last night! And earlier today, IF I was really a ert, I should’ve kissed yo--”

Taeyeon’s eyed almost popped out of its sockets from Leeteuk’s words. She quickly covered both of her ears, interrupting Leeteuk and yelled, “YAH! ENOUGH! LET’S FORGET ABOUT IT! I TAKE IT BACK NOW, YOU’RE NOT A ERT! JUST STOP TALKING! ERASE! ERASE!”

Leeteuk agreed and tried to keep a straight face. “Like nothing happened,” he assured Taeyeon, but also himself.

“Yeah..” Taeyeon weakly nodded.

“Yeah.”

After Leeteuk had finished his food, he stood up after reminding Taeyeon, “Wash the dishes & clean my room. I’ll take a bath.”

Taeyeon obeyed her employer’s request and immediately entered Leeteuk’s room after washing the dishes.

“Eomo,” Taeyeon gaped at the room. Plain white room. White walls, white ceiling, white sheets, white floor, even white furnitures. “Must be hard to maintain this,” Taeyeon muttered to herself as she picked up the vacuum cleaner and started doing her job.

After a few minutes while she was fluffing the pillows, she heard the door open.

Taeyeon turned around to look and let out a squeal as she quickly covered her eyes.

“What are you still doing here?!” Leeteuk, topless and bare-chested Leeteuk, asked.

It was just a split second that Taeyeon caught a glimpse of his unexpectedly perfectly chiseled abs but the image was still so vivid inside her mind.

With his hair dripping wet, Leeteuk consciously crossed one arm over his torso with his free hand securing the towel on his waist—the only cloth with him now.

She can’t help feeling her knees become wobbly and weak. The girl still wouldn’t dare to remove her hands from her own eyes. She yelled, “Yah! Do you know the concept of a t-shirt?!”

“Sorry, I’m still not used to living with a woman who’s not my family,” Leeteuk admitted.

With that, Taeyeon blindly made her way to the door and out of the room, still with her eyes shut tight.

 

Taeyeon lied in her bed and replayed what happened. She can’t help but be embarrassed. “Ohhhhh~” she whined as she covered her head with a pillow. “Babooooooooo,” she scolded herself, still can’t get over everything that happened—first, the nose-to-nose thing, and now the topless-thing.

Taeyeon and her whining were interrupted by the sound of another one of Leeteuk’s yelling. “Kim Taeyeon-ssi! Come out this instance!”

She lazily got up from bed and fixed her now messy bun. Taeyeon dragged her outside to the dining table where Leeteuk waited for her. “What now?!” she asked.

“Come take a seat,” Leeteuk gestured her to seat across him, which she did. Leeteuk began, “We’ll be discussing your schedule today since you dozed off last night. Don’t worry I’ll only stress out a few important points.”

Taeyeon shyly scratched her head and nodded.

“First, you may clean the whole house once a week since starting tomorrow, the two of us will always be working at the office,” Leeteuk said.

“Okay,” Taeyeon took it down mentally.

“Do you cook?”

“Neh,” the girl confidently answered.

“Good. Second, breakfast is always at 7:00AM and dinner is always at 7:00PM. This works for every day of the week. During weekdays, lunch is, of course, at the office but as for weekends, we’ll eat lunch out to lessen the hassle, arasseoyo?”

“Roger that.”

“That’s about it,” Leeteuk locked his fingers together and. “Now, it’s time to discuss our own rules.”

Rules?” Taeyeon repeated and asked, “What do we need that for?”

Leeteuk disregarded her question and just said, “We’ll renew our contract today because we’ll be adding the rules.”

Taeyeon just slumped on her chair and rolled her eyes. “This is not a conversation! This is a monologue,” she screamed inside her head.

“Rule #1. Late mealtime is equal to an additional day to our contract of 14 weeks.”

“Harsh!” Taeyeon protested and blew her bangs out of her eyes.

“Rule #2. You can have a day-off once every two weeks,” Leeteuk continued.

“MWOH?!”

Leeteuk was obviously not paying attention to her side comments and reactions. He continued, “Rule #3. My wish is your command. No buts and no ifs.”
“YAH! AM I YOUR SLAVE?!”

“Kinda,” Leeteuk snickered evilly.  “Rule #4. Be kind to Kahee noona.”

“Who is she to you that she even invaded our house rules?” Taeyeon snooped, not expecting a serious answer from Leeteuk.

Instead, Leeteuk did what Taeyeon did not expect. He answered, “She is the woman that I will marry someday.”

“Aww,” Taeyeon cooed exaggeratedly, “Poor Kahee-ssi!”

Leeteuk smirked and went back to his rules. “Rule #5. Your friends and boyfriend cannot interfere and visit during office hours. Dates and meet-ups with them shall have my permission at all costs.”

Taeyeon tried to protest, “But--”

But Leeteuk cut her off, “Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah! You’re already violating my Rule #3—no buts.”

“This is so unfair!” Taeyeon folded her arms over her chest and pouted.

Leeteuk chuckled triumphantly at her reaction. “And lastly, Rule #6. No office romance between you and my other employees.”

“Why?! Are you jealous?!”

“No. Never.”

“I know, I know. I’m just kidding,” Taeyeon stuck out her tongue. “I have Kangin oppa, anyways so I’m not interested.”

Leeteuk nodded and ended, “That’s all. I’m not too demanding, aren’t I?”

“Don’t I get to set my own rules?” Taeyeon cutely said leaning over the table & closing the distance between them.

Leeteuk unconsciously cringed back, inching away from the girl. “Give me one good reason,” he challenged, raising his chin stubbornly.

“Oh come on,” Taeyeon sat back and started to think of one reason. “Hmmm..” she stared at the ceiling, thinking. “AHA!” Taeyeon clicked her fingers and yelled, “Your mom! I’ll tell Mrs. Park about your unreasonable and unfair demands if I don’t get to make my own rules.”

“Okay,” Leeteuk gave up.

“Well, that was easy,”Taeyeon thought. She cheered, “YEYYYY!”

Leeteuk stopped her celebration by saying, “But you only get to have half.” He held up three fingers. Three rules.

Taeyeon shrugged gleefully, “It doesn’t matter. I can think of two rules only, anyway.” Then without any fuss, she stated, “My First Rule. My friends and Kangin oppa get to visit me here once every two weeks.”

“You just neutralized the essence of my Rule #2,” Leeteuk smirked.

“Second Rule. Never go inside my room again.” Taeyeon smiled playfully and said, “That’s all.. because I’m not demanding and unfair and unreasonable unlike someone I know.”

“Well, your first rule is tricky and your second rule is inconvenient,” Leeteuk said, commenting on Taeyeon’s set of rules.

“What’s your problem with my second rule?” Taeyeon asked, raising an eyebrow at the man in front of her.

“What if you wake up late again? What if you sleep here outside again?” Leeteuk pointed matter-of-factly.

Taeyeon held up one hand, palm facing Leeteuk—a promise sign. “I swear it won’t happen again.”

“Whatever. So what’s the third one?”

“I can’t think of any,” Taeyeon grumbled.

“Give me a third rule or I won’t accept the first and second one,” Leeteuk threatened.

“Are you masochistic? Isn’t it easier for you if I only get to make two rules?” Taeyeon shook her head.

“This is a privilege, Taeyeon-ssi..” Leeteuk reminded her.

“Fine!” Taeyeon rummaged her brain to come up for her last rule. “I GOT IT! Third Rule. Don’t fall in love with me. I love Kangin oppa and he loves me.

Leeteuk burst into laughter, insulting Taeyeon. “That’s the easiest rule that ever existed,” he guffawed.

“Better,” Taeyeon clapped her hands, “Because I won’t fall in love with you, either!”


Sorta long chapter compared to the previous ones.. Well, I wonder how will these rules affect them? Kekeke~ :D

Please also support my new Super Generation oneshot entitled "Taking Chances" Click HERE to start reading! :)


COMMENT REPLIES

@ParkEunIn. awww, thank you so much! :) oh and by the way, did i update soon enough? >:D

@shanaa12. yessss! Kekeke~ Mrs. Park Hansoo FTW! ;)

@SonELF2gether. gyaaaa~ :") komawo for the huge compliment! i hope this chapter's great, too, neh?

@gladyz888. thank you! LIPS?! :D noted! but you get the picture! ^^v gyaaaa!

@oblivionvip. thanks for the encouragement~ here's an update now.. :)

@SooSunSica. oh yes, super comfortable, to be exact! >:D komawo for th great comment, dear! enjoy! :))

@NaMinoSonElf. oh, yes... because I am a mischievous author.. >:D

@dcsijc. compliments again! WAH! thankyouuuuu~ ;) and of course, i'll check out your story, dear!

@HeeSicaLin. arasseoyo, arasseo, little miss bossy! <---just kidding! ^^v neh, annyeonghaseyo~ :P

 

OH! YOUR COMMENTS ARE AWESOOOOOOME! I love them! I wanna hear more from YOU, your questions, what you feel about what's been happenning in the story, what you're anticipating in the succeeding chapters, what you want to happen, etc. You guys cen even write an essay, leave it in the comment box and I would GRATEFULLY reply to it! It would really make me a lot more enthusiastic in replying to your comments but hey, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALWAYS EXPRESSING YOUR LOVE FOR THIS FIC.. I really, truly appreciate it! :))