Chapter 12

By Your Side

It was Taeyeon’s first day at work in Leeteuk’s office and they, of course, went to work together.

Taeyeon tried to refuse by offering to just take the bus to work.

 

-FLASHBACK-

“Let’s go,” Leeteuk said as he tossed his car keys in the air.

“Wait. We’re going together in your car?” Taeyeon asked wide-eyed, pointing to the car keys in Leeteuk’s hand.

Leeteuk looked at her weirdly and said, “Uhm.. Yes? Obviously?”

“Oh, no. I can take the bus,” Taeyeon said.

“But going with me in my car is more efficient for both of us and for Mother Earth,” Leeteuk said, not aware of the consequences of his insisting.

Taeyeon scratched her hair, totally aware of the consequences. “Eh? You’re sure?”

“Do I look like I’m not? Besides, you can’t ride the bus dressed up like that,” Leeteuk rolled his eyes.

Taeyeon looked down on herself and her attire then she asked herself, “Anything wrong with what I’m wearing? He chose these clothes didn’t he?” She was not aware of the fact that she looks like a socialite with the high-waist black pencil skirt and off-white laced top. Taeyeon just looked at Leeteuk, confused.

Once more, he gestured towards the door, “Kaja!”

The girl had no choice but to follow and muttered, “Rule #3, then. No buts.”

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

But upon arriving on the basement parking of their office building, reality hit Leeteuk. It was kinda funny because Leeteuk was so paranoid about his employees seeing him going to work with Taeyeon. This was the reason why Taeyeon insisted on taking the bus, she just was not able to explain it. Silly her. Silly him. Silly people.

 

-FLASHBACK-

Leeteuk hastily hopped out of the car and Taeyeon did the same.

She looked weirdly at Leeteuk who was pacing back and forth on the other side of the car.

“Park Jungsoo-ssi!” Taeyeon tried to catch Leeteuk’s attention.

“Neh?”

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon pointed to his restlessness.

“I’m just thinking of a way how they’re not gonna catch us going to work together,” Leeteuk said.

Taeyeon asked, “Who do you mean by they?”

“Duh, all this company’s employees—utility officers, employees, ALL OF THEM!” Leeteuk said, obviously paranoid.

“Oh,” Taeyeon nodded before laughing.

Leeteuk stopped pacing, irritated by Taeyeon’s laughter which seemed to be mockery to him, “What’s so funny?!”

“Your problem’s so easy,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she walked to his direction.

“Oh yeah?” Leeteuk raised an eyebrow.

“It’s soooooo easy! I’ll just go ahead before you and then you can just follow after a little while,” Taeyeon explained. “That way, they won’t be suspicious!”

Leeteuk scratched his head and agreed, “You’re right.”

Taeyeon smiled smugly and said, “And you’re always telling me I’m dumb.” She fixed her skirt and skipped towards the elevator, leaving Leeteuk as planned.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

As soon as Taeyeon hopped out of the elevator, eyes followed her. Of course, she knew why—no one knew her and who could she be to be here on the top floor. The office of the company’s president’s floor. Leeteuk had already oriented her about almost everything, though.

Because Taeyeon will be working as Leeteuk’s secretary, her seat was just outside Leeteuk’s office’s door. To the girl, it all seemed useless and too convenient. First, Leeteuk’s office door was within reach from her cubicle. Second, Leeteuk’s office had glass walls and third, the phone on her table was, of course, linked to Leeteuk’s office phone, too.

Taeyeon put her bag down and sat on her own swivel chair. She Taeyeon-ized her desk immediately by taking out her own blue pen holder, blue notepad, blue themed desk calendar, etc.

A few minutes later, Leeteuk arrived and immediately called everyone to the conference room. Everyone including Taeyeon herself.

 

“Why are we here?” a man, an executive officer as Taeyeon assumed, asked.

“We are here so that my new secretary can introduce herself properly,” Leeteuk pointed towards the seat on her right side, where Taeyeon was seated.

Under the table where everyone was seated, Taeyeon tapped her shoe on the floor. Her hands were rubbing against each other, a sign of nervousness.

“Kim Taeyeon-ssi?” Leeteuk called Taeyeon’s attention.

With weak knees, Taeyeon was able to stand up but everyone’s eyes on her were not helping at all. 10 or so people were inside the room, excluding Taeyeon and Leeteuk.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Kim Taeyeon imnida. Please treat me well,” Taeyeon bowed respectfully.

No one responded for a few seconds after Taeyeon straightened up and she felt like some lump had formed in . “Don’t they like me?”

The silence was broken when a man spoke up, smiling widely at Taeyeon. “We’re looking forward to working with you, Kim Taeyeon-ssi. I’m Choi Siwon, by the way.”

Taeyeon felt a sense of relief upon hearing the gentle words of the man with thick eyebrows but attractive facial features. “Neh, nice meeting you, Choi Siwon-ssi,” she beamed at the man. “What a perfect gentleman,” Taeyeon noted inside her head as she took a great first impression from the man whose name was allegedly Choi Siwon.

Many others followed Siwon and introduced themselves to President Park Jungsoo’s new secretary.

Taeyeon is quick to memorize some names—Eunhyuk, Donghae, Onew, Minho, Taemin, BoA & Victoria. These were the people who, Taeyeon thought, welcomed her warmly. Three other women or so were just plain cold towards her.

After everyone went back to their own office cubicles, Taeyeon went to familiarizing herself to the environment, too.

Taeyeon did not expect it to be easy and she was right—some computer software programs in her desktop had names that she never heard of.

“Fighting!” she whispered to herself.

 

Knock knock.

Taeyeon knocked at Leeteuk’s office’s door at exactly 5:30PM and without waiting for her boss’s response, she let herself in.

“What?” Leeteuk asked without taking his eyes off of the papers in his hands.

Taeyeon walked to Leeteuk’s table and spoke, “It’s 5:30PM already and we’re barely the one’s left here.”

“Just get straight to the point.”

Taeyeon unsurely opened to speak once more but now more cautious and careful—Leeteuk seems to be a different person at office, she thought. “I should sign out because I still have to prepare someone’s dinner,” she said, referring to Leeteuk himself.

Leeteuk put down the papers and looked up at Taeyeon for a split second before busying himself with the papers again. “I’m almost done. Go to my car and wait for me there.”

Taeyeon knew that protesting won’t do her any good so she wordlessly went out of the room and did what she was told to.

 

“I took my work home, I’ll be at my room,” Leeteuk said as soon as they stepped inside his house.

Taeyeon shot him a look and said, “You told me that you were almost done a while ago!”

The man did not bother to listen to her and just went straight to his room.

After she changed to more comfortable clothes, she quickly went to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Taeyeon clicked her tongue as she remembered her knife cut from last night.

 

Knock knock.

Taeyeon knocked at Leeteuk’s door and called, “Park Jungsoo-ssi! Dinnertime!” She looked at the time. 6:52PM. She was on time, relative to Leeteuk’s demand that dinner should be ready by 7:00PM.

Leeteuk came out in his own comfortable clothes—blue shorts and white t-shirt.

Taeyeon stepped back and repeated, “Let’s eat.”

The man stopped and looked at the wall clock that hung on the living room. He smirked and Taeyeon did not fail to notice this.

“Mwoh?! I’m on time!” Taeyeon yelled and stomped to the dining area.

“Barely,” Leeteuk said, following the small girl.

While they were eating, Taeyeon asked, “Did you finish your take-home work already?”

Leeteuk, without any word, just responded with a nod.

“You know what? I had a smooth first day in work. Smoother and lighter than what I expected,” Taeyeon said, recalling how she was warmly received by most, if not all, of Leeteuk’s employees—executive officers, to be more specific.

“Oh,” Leeteuk said before standing up to grab a glass of water.

Taeyeon felt humiliated by the lack of interest from the guy and rolled her eyes. She continued eating, but her utensils were noisier than a while ago.

“Yah,” Leeteuk reprimanded, annoyed by the clinking and clanking of Taeyeon’s chopsticks against the porcelain dinnerware.

“Mwoh?” Taeyeon looked up with an irritated look on your face.

Leeteuk pointed to Taeyeon’s chopsticks with his lips and said, “You’re noisy.”

“I’m done, anyway,” Taeyeon said and stood up, dropping her dishes on the sink with an intentionally louder noise.

“Aish!” Leeteuk yelled, losing his appetite.

“If this will happen every night, I don’t know if I can keep up with it for 14 more weeks,” they thought.


Whoah. Not looking so good, these two. Kekeke~ Crossing my fingers for better scenes next chapter. ^^v Please bear with my weirdness and childishness! :D SORRY, too, for not focusing on the plot just yet. My own story's slow flow is turning me off now. I hope you can bear it, readers & subbers! :3


COMMENT REPLIES

@ParkEunIn. & @SonElf2gether. awww, komawo, yo guyssss! :3

@NaMinoSonElf. & @lisandyyn. that third rule is so interesting, neh? who do you guys think will break Taeyeon's third rule first? :)

@shanaa12. ah neh~ I really don't know how to characteriza Sora so I went with Kahee instead and yes, I do agree she's just too innocent for antagonistic roles >:D

@HeeSicaLin. ehhhh~ it's because of you, guys, who leave your comments! it's inspiring! :P

@gladyz888. obviosuly, yes. kahee likes taeyeon for leeteuk but who knows..? that might ot might not change XD and oh, Kangin.. *sighs* Kekeke~ :D

@SonElf2gether, @HeeSicaLin & @ soshilove5. this one's a late update and i hope you can forgive me for that :3 enjoy!~

@dcsijc. yah, chingu! i know where you're coming from for stating that i should update sooner and i'm really really sorry for that ^^v and you're right, i also think i'd go for more than 20 chapters for this fic. i just hope i can make it interesting enough for all you guys! :) thanks for the compliments, J CHINGU!

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE BEFORE THE COMMENT REPLIES, NEH?