Chapter 13

By Your Side

“Come inside my office.”

“Neh.”

 

“Do you drive, Taeyeon-ssi?” Leeteuk asked her secretary without taking his eyes off of the documents on his hands.

“Neh. Why?”

Leeteuk reached for his inside chest pocket and handed his car keys to Taeyeon. He looked at Taeyeon and said, “I’ll be working overtime, you go ahead. Here are my car keys.”

“You’ve been busy since Tuesday, huh? This is your third consecutive day to work overtime,” Taeyeon said as she took the keys from Leeteuk.

Leeteuk replied with a pained smile, “You can go now, Taeyeon-ssi.”

“Are you sure? I can buy us dinner here,” Taeyeon offered. “And we can go home together. You know.. for Mother Earth,” she scratched her head.

“About that,” Leeteuk sat back and flexed his neck muscles, “You need not cook dinner. Rest early and just eat dinner somewhere.” He opened his wallet and gave Taeyeon a generous amount of money.

“Thanks,” Taeyeon took it and held it in the same hand as with the car keys. “How about you? I mean, how about your dinner?”

“I can manage. Go,” Leeteuk gestured Taeyeon to go out.

Taeyeon shrugged and turned around to leave, “Arasseoyo, annyeong.” As she was about to step out, Leeteuk yelled.

“Taeyeon-ssi! One more thing!”

Taeyeon turned around and asked, “Neh?”

Leeteuk jerked his fingers, signaling Taeyeon to come back.

The girl, puzzled, walked to her boss’s table again with a baffled look on her face.

Leeteuk was writing something on a small piece of paper and Taeyeon just waited. Finally, Leeteuk looked up and handed the folded paper to Taeyeon as well. “Order a bouquet of tulips and 2 baskets of flowers on the way. Any flowers will do for the ones on the basket. Have the flowers sent to the addresses I wrote on the paper,” he ordered Taeyeon.

Without checking what Leeteuk wrote, Taeyeon just accepted it and answered, “Arasseoyo. Fighting, Park Jungsoo-ssi!” The girl pumped her fist on the air.

Leeteuk laughed and out of the blue, he offered, “I’ll send you out. Monsters are waiting for you like you are food.”

“Huh?! What are you talking about?”

In between his teeth, Leeteuk whispered, “Turn around.”

Taeyeon did and was surprised to see Eunhyuk, Donghae, Onew, Minho & Taemin crowded outside Leeteuk’s door. “What are they doing there? Waiting for me?” Taeyeon asked herself. She laughed and turned to Leeteuk. She said, “No, thanks. They don’t bite.. I guess.”

Leeteuk stood up and said, “No, I insist.”

“Jungsoo-ssi, they’re not armed with deadly weapons or what! I can handle this,” Taeyeon turned around and walked to the door after mouthing, “Watch and learn.”

As she was headed outside, she was surprised to feel Leeteuk’s hand around her left arm. The feeling of Leeteuk’s hold sent Taeyeon to a state of oblivion—it felt static, electrifying but cold, soothing but awkward.

“Rule #3. No buts,” Leeteuk hissed as she pulled Taeyeon with him.

As Taeyeon continued to walk towards the door, she can’t help but to look at Leeteuk with wide eyes. “A-Arasseoyo..”

She knew that they were already on the door when Leeteuk’s dragging stopped. Her piercing stare at Leeteuk was shifted to the five men in front of them.

“Yah, what are you doing here?” Leeteuk asked the men authoritatively.  “Go back to working,” he did not wait for their answer and ordered them to scatter, instead. By this time, he had freed Taeyeon’s arms.

The men unwillingly and grumblingly stomped to their respective cubicles, obeying the President’s order.

“Go,” Leeteuk raised his chin towards the direction where the elevator was situated.

“Okay,” Taeyeon grabbed her bag from her table and headed to the elevator.

Leeteuk watched Taeyeon do so but was surprised when the girl turned around abruptly and whispered “Komawoyo” before running away. He slightly smiled and sighed. “She can be cute sometimes,” he thought before heading back inside his office.

Inside the elevator, Taeyeon smirked and thought, “He can be sweet sometimes.”

 

Taeyeon decided to run the errand in the flower shop first before having dinner. She inserted the key to the ignition and stepped on the gas fearlessly, her back hitting against the driver’s seat violently. “Whoah,” she muttered to herself as she eased the force of her foot on the gas. “Expensive sport cars are sensitive, eh?” she laughed by herself.

Taeyeon pulled over in front of a flower shop with the piece of folded paper from Leeteuk on her hand.

She entered and immediately, a strong smell overwhelmed her. Even though it was strong, Taeyeon found it pleasant—it made her imagine of a lush rainforest infested with thousands of species of wildflowers.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” the ahjumma caretaker of the flower shop greeted her.

Taeyeon bowed politely as she approached the counter.

“What do you need, young miss?” the ahjumma smiled.

“A bouquet of tulips please, ahjumma.”

The ahjumma stepped out of the counter to prepare her order and asked while doing so, “Aside from this? Any more?”

“Ah, neh,” Taeyeon unfolded the piece of paper from Leeteuk.

 

1 TULIP: Unit 1309, Hanja Building, Jinkkam-dong, Seoul

2 BASKET OF FLOWERS: 1) Geumsaek-il Columbarium, Late Mr. Park Yongwoon

                                           2) Geumsaek-il Columbarium, Late Mr. Kim Daehyeong

 

The girl smiled upon realizing what Leeteuk had asked her to do. She was happier because the man did not fail to forget that like him, Taeyeon also just recently lost her father.

“Ahjumma, please just send my orders to the addresses I’ll give you, neh?”

 

As soon as she finished from the flower shop, she drove to an Italian restaurant—her favorite. She just realized that the money that Leeteuk gave to her was more than enough to pay for the dinner of three people. And so she came up with a little something to pay back Leeteuk’s favor of sending her father’s ashes some flowers.

Taeyeon checked the time as she pulled over in front of their office building. 7:17PM. Instead of going straight back home, Taeyeon decided to drive back to their office to drop that little something.

“Have you eaten dinner yet?” she talked to an imaginary Leeteuk as she hopped out of the car with a plastic bag on one hand.

“Annyeonghaseyo, ahjussi,” Taeyeon greeted a middle-aged utility officer inside the building.

“Neh, what do you need, young lady?” the man asked.

Taeyeon wore her best smile and said, “Can I disturb you for a little while, ahjussi?”

The man was kind enough to accept Taeyeon’s request—to deliver the plastic bag to the President’s office.

 

Knock knock.

“Come in,” Leeteuk called, waiting curiously who will enter. At this time, only the security guards and utility officers should be left inside the building.

“Good evening, President Park.”

Leeteuk was surprised to see a middle-aged man step in. “Oh, ahjussi. What do you need?” Leeteuk asked the man who was now standing in front of his office desk.

The ahjussi held up a plastic bag and spoke, “A fine young lady asked me to bring this to the President’s office.”

“Ah, neh?” Leeteuk politely reached for the plastic bag and said, “Thank you, ahjussi. Sorry for disturbing your work.”

“I should be the one saying that, President Park,” the man said before bowing and exiting his office.

Leeteuk looked at the plastic bag with a weird expression. “A fine young lady?” he asked himself. He took a peek inside and saw a Styrofoam with a fork on top. As soon as he realized what it was, his stomach made a gurgling noise. “Right. Dinner,” he chuckled. He was so absorbed with work, he forgot that it was past his usual dinnertime.

Leeteuk took out the Styrofoam and was surprised that it came with a blue sticky-note. It read:

Eat well! (I had this hunch that you have not eaten yet) ^.^ Thank you for the basket of flowers to my Appa! FIGHTING! :P                               -Kim Taeyeon

“Aigoo~” was all he can say after finding out that it was from Taeyeon. “A fine young lady, huh?!” Leeteuk shook his head, laughing as he recalled the ahjussi’s words.

 "A fine young lady.. Seriously?" Leeteuk unconsciously smiled as he started chomping on his dinner.


A short chapter updater here.. Mianhae! ^^v  Hey, readers, please pay attention to the Setting I put before the chapter, neh? Those are important.. I guess :)) And, WHUUUUT?! 11 AWESOME COMMENTS?!?! I REALLY LOVE YOU, GUYS! I will try to update soon, annyeong~


COMMENT REPLIES

@NaMinoSonElf. O_O i like that idea of yours.. /evil laugh

@SunSunShipper. thank you soooo luch for the huge compliment, presuming that you are a SunSun shipper; it's great to hear that you think my story  (a TaeTeuk story) is great! :3

@dcsijc. i requested in a graphic shop (after following their rules) for my story's poster and background.. hihihi! :D why's you ask, chingu? anyway, you are always giving me the burden of worry here, huh? :D so here, now, i updated! did i update soon enough?! :P

@lisandyyn. here's the update now, i hope you enjoy it and oh, let's see if your guess will be right! kekeke~~ /devilish grin

@shanaa12. me, too! i don't really hate Sora ^^ and of course, there WILL be an antagonist here but his/her plot for destroying TaeTeuk's love story here is still obviously not ready-to-go yet! HAHAHA! :D please stay tuned! hihihi!~

@HeeSicaLin. we're on the same boat, dearie~ TaeTeuk FTW though i don't really 'dislike' Sora.. but let's see about thatl i wouldn't wanna spoil anything either.. i hope that's okay :)

@SooSunSica. im glad to hear that you, guys, are still REALLY waiting for my updates.. i really do appreciate that :") and yes, Taeyeon gets along well with people so she did not really have a rough start at work ^^

@SonElf2gether. komawoyo for the encouragement! :)

@ParkEunIn. awww, jinjja? really? thank you for supporting this fic, chingu! i hope you like this update as well :)

@superangel09. /gasp AUTHOR-NIM!! you continue to read my story?!?! it's such an honor!~ :3 i've been experiencing writer's block so i still take it easy on working on the main plot/storyline but your comment boosted me.. seriously.. FIGHTING! /huge smile

@SNSDletitrain. here it is, loyal subber! :) i hope you like it and i will sincerely try my best to not disappoint you!~ hihihi!