Chapter 9

By Your Side

After what seemed to be years of silence, Taeyeon spoke up. “I’m hungry,” she mumbled.

Leeteuk wordlessly walked to the dining area with Taeyeon following him. “This will only happen tonight since my mom insisted,” he said.

“What are you talking about?” confused Taeyeon asked.

Leeteuk carefully lifted a piece of delicate clothe from the table, revealing a full course of meal for their dinner—appetizer, entrée, main course, rice, even dessert. “Eomma insisted,” Leeteuk sighed.

Taeyeon’s eyes feasted on all the food in front of her. “Your mom is the coolest!” she did a thumbs up and sat, grabbing her chopsticks and ready to chomp.

“What a monster!” Leeteuk said as he took a seat across Taeyeon and gracefully took his bites.

Taeyeon who was at first busy eating, started a little private game—she began watching Leeteuk eat then imitating his perfect poise and gracefulness afterwards. Towards the middle of her game, she dropped the imitating part and just plainly watched. Stared.

Leeteuk, without even looking at her asked, “What are you looking at?”

Taeyeon almost coughed out the food in . She was busted. Busted, alright. “N-Nothing,” she went back to finishing her food.

Leeteuk chuckled and did not say one more word until they both finished.

Taeyeon, on the other hand, was embarrassed; given away by the redness of her ears.

After she cleared the table and washed the dishes, she started putting her things to place. Good thing, there was a spare room for her. Sleeping in the couch was not the best feeling.

Her room was situated near the kitchen and dining area, hidden from view unlike Leeteuk’s. His room can be seen from the living room, it was the owner’s room, anyway.

“Taeyeon-ssi!” Taeyeon heard Leeteuk’s voice call her from outside while she was finishing unpacking her things.

“Neh, coming!” she called back as she walked outside, leaving her not-so-tidied-up room. Taeyeon checked the time, too. 11:00PM. Taeyeon had changed to her sleeping attire—pajamas and a sleeveless tank top.

As soon as she stopped out of her room, she saw Leeteuk sitting on the dining table, writing something. “Why?” she asked.

Leeteuk looked up and felt stiff at the sight of Taeyeon’s bare arms and no-make-up look. He quickly looked away and swallowed hard but the girl seems to not have noticed. “Jungsoo, you’ll be living with a woman now. Though it’s your first, you still better get used to it now,” he talked to himself. Her mom and Inyoung were the only women she had lived with.

“Yah, why did you call me?” Taeyeon asked again, taking a seat across Leeteuk.

The man mustered all his courage to look Taeyeon straight in the eye and pretend like nothing’s out of normal for him. Lies. “We’ll talk about our schedule,” Leeteuk said now looking at her. Success!

“Oh,” Taeyeon nodded as she rested her chin on her palm, watching as Leeteuk finished what he was doing.

Leeteuk looked at the time and said, “It’s okay for us to stay up late. It’s a Sunday tomorrow, anyway, neh?”

“Neh,” Taeyeon yawned, sleepy already.

Leeteuk noticed and scolded immediately, “Yah, yah, yah! Pay attention and take notes if necessary.” He slid a blank paper and pen towards Taeyeon’s hand.

The sleepy girl took it clumsily and positioned her hands ready to jot down things.

Leeteuk began reciting their daily schedule for every day of the week, assuming that Taeyeon was following him. “Do you have any questions for our weekday schedule?” he looked up and saw Taeyeon sleeping. The pen was still in her hands but with her eyes closed and head bobbing sideways, Leeteuk knew that she was indeed, now asleep.

He closed his eyes and massaged his forehead. “This girl,” he hissed before reopening his eyes. Before he did anything else, he leaned forward and examined Taeyeon’s face. “Not bad,” he whispered as he behold of the thick eyelashes, cute button nose and thin pink lips of Taeyeon who was now obviously in dreamland. He sat back on his seat, now taking notice of the girl’s bangs which fell just below her eyebrows. Leeteuk drummed his fingers on the table, unconscious of the urge deep inside to play with Taeyeon’s eyelashes and bangs. Tracing shapes around her eyes sounded fun at the moment, too but where were these ideas coming from?

“Yah,” Leeteuk called, checking if Taeyeon will respond. “Kim Taeyeon-ssi, wake up..”

Taeyeon’s eyelids did not even flinch and Leeteuk figured that sooner or later, this girl’s gonna hit her head right smack at the wooden dining table. It will be a miracle if blood won’t be involved.

Leeteuk, scared of the thought that he conceived stood up and walked around, now standing behind the sleeping figure. “Go to your room,” he tried for the last time but no luck. He paced back and forth, not knowing how to handle the situation.

Work-wise, Leeteuk was the best but this was his first time living with a stranger, more specifically, a girl. But what to do now with a sleeping girl who might, any time now, hit her head on the table? What with her head bobbing here and there, the man unconsciously bit on his finger nail but the hell with those boundaries, “If I’m not going to do anything, Taeyeon-ssi’s head will..”

He interrupted his own thoughts and decided to carry Taeyeon to her room, instead. He ever so carefully placed one arm beneath the girl’s legs and the other just around her upper back—bridal style, fatally afraid of waking her up now. If a minute ago, Leeteuk wanted to wake her up, now Taeyeon waking up will be the end of him.

“I feel like I’m carrying a toddler,”he thought as he walked to Taeyeon’s room with the girl in his arms. Before, laying her down, Leeteuk kicked unnecessary things out from the bed. “So messy,” he commented. He bent down to effortlessly, carefully and quietly put the tiny body down.

“I can’t believe that these things come along with living with a girl,”he thought as he closed the room of Taeyeon’s door behind him, thinking that maybe this was pretty normal if you’re living with a girl. He cannot compare this to living with her mom and sister since they barely slept, totally workaholic.

He was clueless, alright. Totally clueless.

 

It was a bright sunny morning and the sunlight that hit Leeteuk’s face woke him up. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. He stretched and yawned before walking unsteadily to the dining area. Seeing the table empty, he figured that his housekeeper was still asleep. “Useless,” he muttered under his breath. Leeteuk walked to Taeyeon’s door and knocked.

Knock knock.

The man heard nothing except the rustling of the bed sheets from inside. Leeteuk decided to turn the knob and enter.

As soon as he stepped in, his foot got caught on white material—blanket. How the heck did her blanket reach the doorstep? He picked it up and walked to Taeyeon’s bed.

He stopped dead on his tracks as the sight of Taeyeon’s exposed belly button. Her navel was revealed as her sleeveless tank top clumsily rolled up to her waist.

Leeteuk quickly tossed the blanket to her body, covering her bare milky white skin.

“Yah, middle-schooler!” he yelled as he scratched his head furiously.

“Neh, appa?” Taeyeon mumbled in her sleep.

Leeteuk’s lips curled up into a smile upon hearing the girl’s sleep talk. “Taeyeon-ssi!” he called as he sat on her bed just beside her waist and started nudging her, trying to wake her up.

“Appa..”

“I’m not your Appa, dimwit! Our fathers are gone,” he said as if he was talking to a completely awaken person.

“10 more minutes, Appa.. 10 more..” Taeyeon tossed and turned but kept her eyes shut.

“YAH! I’M NOT YOUR APPA! WAKE UP! YOU’RE USELESS! NOW WAKE UP!” Leeteuk screamed at the top of his lungs as he slightly bent towards Taeyeon’s face with his torso twisted towards her direction.

Awakened by the demanding tone of Leeteuk’s voice, Taeyeon’s upper body shot up as she quickly sat up on her bed.

For a moment or so, everything was quiet, neither one of them uttered a word and the only sound that could be heard was that of the wall clock that hung on the bedroom wall.

Who could open his/ to say anything when both their faces are millimeters apart? Noses practically touching?

The hair on the back of Taeyeon’s neck stood up, overwhelmed by Leeteuk’s scent—Leeteuk’s sweet morning breath faintly blowing against her chin. The gentle hot sensation that it brought rendered her speechless.

Meanwhile, Leeteuk was equally flabbergasted. Who could move a muscle when huge round brownish doll eyes were looking straightly at his? Who could utter a single word when the cute button nose from last night was now touching his contoured one?

“Oh my,”they both thought.


Oh gosh~ First night and first morning turned out to be like that? WT--?! Kekeke~ >:D I, the author, am feeling kinda imaginative and mischievous at the same time :P Enjoy!


COMMENT REPLIES

@NaMinoSonElf. you really think so? :") and you know what, I love Teukie's mom's role, too! :D

@gladyz888. i see where you're coming from for being happy about Kangin and Taeyeon's conflict.. HAHAHA :D oh for heaven's sake, this is a TaeTeuk fic, after all, isn't it? :)))

@SonELF2gether. Kekeke~ I do hope that's possible.. thank you for leaving a comment~ ;)

@SooSunSica. LOL :D seems like Leeteuk's mom is loved by everyone, neh? HAHAHA! anyhoo, the awkwardness between Teuk & Taeng is what makes it fun >:D

@ParkEunIn. I did update soon.. like I promised, right? I hope you'll love this chapter~ ^.^

@shanaa12. well, oh, well.. Mrs. Park Hansoo's fanbase is increasing in number, doncha think so? .. LOL :D