Chapter 2

By Your Side

The next day..

“Jungsoo-ah, I’m going to finalize things in the columbarium for your father’s ashes,” Mrs. Park, the mother of Leeteuk, said.

“I can drop you off on the way to Appa’s funeral wake, eomma,” he offered.

“Ani, never mind. I’ll have a driver to accompany me,” Mrs. Park refused.

“Arasseoyo, eomma,” Leeteuk said.

“Oh, and by the way, Jungsoo?” Ms. Park said before leaving, “Your Inyoung noona and Kahee’s family are there already.”

“And..?”

“You should go ahead and look for that Mr. Kim Daehyeong today. It’ll be a hard search,” Mrs. Park suggested before waving and leaving Leeteuk’s office.

Leeteuk sighed at his mother’s words—he can’t believe that even his mom don’t know who this Kim Daehyeong is and why Mr. Park Yongwoon, Leeteuk's father,  willed him to have 20% of their company’s shares. But like Leeteuk, Mrs. Park Hansoo unhesitatingly decided to obey the late Mr. Park’s orders. It’s Park Yongwoon's Last Will & Testament, anyway.

Leeteuk reached for the office phone and made a call, “Yeoboseyo? This is Park Jungsoo speaking.”

“Vice president Park? How can I be of your service?” a man’s voice on the other line asked.

“I need you to find a man—a certain Kim. Dae. Hyeong,” Leeteuk pronounced the name clearly.

“Kim Daehyeong?” the man double-checked.

“Neh. Look for his address and all possible contact information,” Leeteuk ordered.

“Yes, sir. And when do you need this, Vice president Park?”

“As soon as possible. It is of high priority,” Leeteuk firmly said. “I’ll deposit the payment to your account upon receiving your retrieved info.”

“Like always, sir. Kamsahamnida,” the man thanked him.

“Give it to me before tomorrow ends and I’ll double the amount of payment for your service,” Leeteuk offered.

“What a great bargain, Mr. Park! I’ll work hard!”

“Neh, I know you will. Bye,” Leeteuk hung up. He swung his swivel chair around and massaged his temples. “Kim Daehyeong, who are you?”

 

 “Oh, you’re here,” Kangin welcomed Taeyeon’s five friends.

“Of course we are,” Hyoyeon said, “Our dean was informed about Uncle Daehyeong’s death so all five of us are properly excused.”

“Jinjja?” Taeyeon, who was clinging to Kangin’s arm, asked suspiciously.

“Neh,” Seohyun nodded eagerly.

“Arasseo. I know our Seohyunnie here does not lie,” Taeyeon patted Seohyun’s head.

“And we lie?” Sooyoung disappointedly asked.

“Aigoo~” Taeyeon said before walking away, Kangin following her.

The five other girls followed and sat in the same bench as their unnie.

“Our other unnies from America sent something,” Yoona said as she reached inside her knapsack. She took out an envelope and handed it to Taeyeon who gingerly ripped it open.

 

Taengoo unnie,

We are really sorry for not being beside you when you need us the most. We would fly back to Korea if we can. We love you unnie and I hope you can cope up soon. We will be praying for everything to turn out well for you and your future.

You can always call us to catch up or even for no reason at all. Even though the time zones are different, we will gladly hear from you—and also to the other girls.

We know Uncle Daehyeong’s death greatly wounded our Taeyeon unnie’s cheerful and optimistic soul but we know you’ll be back on your feet at no time. Taeyeon unnie, Fighting! We wish that when we come back, we’ll see a smile on your face. Even this letter.. we hope that this can bring even the tiniest smile on out unnie’s face.

We love you, unnie! We hope to visit you there soon and be with our Dorky Taengoo unnie again—with Dancing Queen Hyoyeon, Black Pearl Yuri, Shikshin Sooyoung, Choding Yoona and our Maknae Goguma Seob!

Be strong, Taeyeon unnie!

Love,

Ice Princess Jessica

Aegyo Queen Sunny

Brighter then Gems Tiffany

 

P.S. We hope our contribution can be of any help :) Our parents insisted to send help, too ^.^

 

Taeyeon opened the envelope and was surprised when she saw dollar bills inside it. “These girls,” Taeyeon took it out and showed it to the other girls and her boyfriend.

“We should thank them for their help,” Kangin suggested.

“Don’t be mad at them, unnie,” Sooyoung said.

“They just want to help,” Seohyun added.

Taeyeon sighed and looked at her friends. She said, “Even though I want to be mad, I can’t scold them since they’re in America!”

They all laughed.

Taeyeon continued, “And I realized that you girls just love me this much. I know your intentions and I thank you all for being for me always.”

“Awwww,” Hyoyeon sighed.

“We all love you,” Kangin reassured his girlfriend.

“So does that mean you are changing your mind about my offers?” Yuri asked.

“Thank you, Yuri. Thanks but no thanks. I stand firm to my decision,” Taeyeon said.

Yuri smiled and said, “I knew it. I’m just trying for the last time.” She hugged her unnie.

They group hugged and Taeyeon felt tears in her eyes. Kangin just stood in the sidelines and gave the girls their moment.

Taeyeon looked up and said, “Appa, tell God to bless me and my best friends here on Earth. I love you, Appa.”

The six girls let go of the hug and Taeyeon stood up.

“Going somewhere, unnie?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Neh, I’m going to the columbarium to arrange for Appa’s ashes,” Taeyeon said, “I’ll be back in less than an hour.”

“I’ll come with you,” Kangin offered.

“Do you want to take my car?” Yuri offered her car keys.

 “Kwon Yuri and her offers,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes and laughed, “I’ll take the bus. It’s a 10-minute drive. I’m fine by myself.”

Kangin sent her off after a quick kiss on the cheek and went back inside shortly afterwards.

 

A few moments later in the columbarium..

“Excuse me, sir?” Taeyeon approached the security guard at the gate.

“Yes, miss?”

“May I ask where I can inquire about the prices for the columbarium?” Taeyeon asked as she worried about her limited budget.

“Ma’am, straight ahead. The office is located at the end of this path,” the security guard told Taeyeon.

“Oh, kamsahamnida,” Taeyeon bowed started walking down the path. Sure enough, she saw the office and entered it.

“Annyeonghaseyo~ How can I help you?” the woman at the front desk entertained Taeyeon.

“I’m here to inquire about the prices,” Taeyeon swallowed hard.

“Our sincerest condolences, Miss,” the woman lowered her head in sympathy. It must be some SOP or protocol to sympathize with their clients because obviously, their clients here have one thing common—they all lost someone dear to their hearts.

“Oh,” Taeyeon muttered.

Just then, a fine old lady stepped in the office, gasping for breath.

“Oh, Mrs. Park Hansoo,” the front desk clerk acknowledged the woman.

The old lady, who was apparently Mrs. Park, walked slowly to the front desk, holding her chest.

“She doesn’t seem to be feeling well,” Taeyeon worried inside her mind.

Mrs. Park spoke up, “I’m here to finalize the details for my husba--”

Suddenly, the woman fainted and fell on the floor.

“Eomo!” Taeyeon exclaimed as she bent down in worry for Mrs. Park. “Ma’am! Wake up!” Taeyeon gently shook Mrs. Park trying to see if she’s fallen to unconsciousness.

“I already called for help!” the woman in the front desk informed Taeyeon who was still cradling the fainted old woman in her arms.

“Yesthankyou. Couldyougooutsidetoseeifshecamewithsomeone?” Taeyeon panicked.

“Neh!” the woman ran outside and shortly afterwards, she came in with a middle-aged man.

“Eomona! Mrs. Park!” the middle-aged man covered his mouth with his hand in surprise to seeing his master on the floor, unconscious.

“Young lady, this man is Mrs. Park’s driver,” the front desk clerk worriedly said as she paced back and forth.

“Ahjussi!” Taeyeon yelled, “Please help me carry Mrs. Park to your car and let’s head to the hospital!”

“Neh!” the middle-aged man did as Taeyeon instructed.

“Lord, please let her be alright,” Taeyeon prayed on the way to the hospital with the unconscious Mrs. Park’s head resting on her lap.

The driver zoomed to the hospital and they rushed to the Emergency Room. From there onwards, the doctor and nurses took care of Mrs. Park.

Taeyeon and the driver ahjussi were instructed to sit on the waiting area.

Taeyeon kept rubbing her hands together in impatience as the driver ahjussi paced back and forth in front of her. “Ahjussi, please keep still. You’re making me nervous,” Taeyeon confessed.

“But no one can afford to let anything happen to Mrs. Park! Young Master would greatly be devastated!” the driver ahjussi sat down beside Taeyeon.

“Young Master?” something inside Taeyeon’s head popped. “Ah! I’m such a babo for not asking you this earlier, ahjussi!”

“Huh?!” the middle-aged man titled his head to the side.

“By the way, I’m Kim Taeyeon. Annyeonghaseyo, ahjussi,” Taeyeon bowed as she introduced herself.

“Oh, I’m Baek Changryul, the driver of Mrs. Park. Nice to meet you, Ms. Kim! Thank you for the heroic act you did earlier,” the driver ahjussi bowed back.

“Oh, anyone would do that, right?”

“No, Ms. Kim. A golden heart like yours is rare nowadays,” the driver ahjussi confessed.

Taeyeon blushed at the compliment and said, “Kamsahamnida. Ahjussi, we should call Mrs. Park’s family. Do you have any of their contact numbers?”

“Oh, neh,” he took out something from his pocket—a small memo pad. The driver ahjussi started flipping through the pages then stopped. “Here,” he handed the memo pad to Taeyeon and pointed below the page.

“Thank you,” Taeyeon gratefully took it and looked at the name: Young Master Park Jungsoo. She took out her cellphone and sent a message to the girls & Kangin about her whereabouts before she dialed the number on the memo pad she was holding.

“Yeoboseyo?” ‘Young Master Park Jungsoo’answered on the fifth ring.

Taeyeon swallowed hard before speaking, “I’m Kim Taeyeon.”

 

..to be continued..


Eeeeee~ Sorry for the absence of TaeTeuk moments again! BUT! Obviously, next chapter will be their first encounter. HAHAH :D Thank you for the support and enthusiasm, readers! Please bear with me and this fanfic :)) Don’t hesitate to leave comments, ‘kay? ‘Till my next update! ^.^

AIN'T THE POSTER & BACKGROUND AWESOOOOME?! THANKS TO FreakingOutFTW of Intricate SImplicity - Graphics FOR BOTH! 


COMMENT REPLIES

@shanaa12. neh, neh ^,^ it's still a secret why, though :) thankzzz!

@superangel09. neh, author-nim.. Kahee of After School :)) thank you and I do hope I can continue 'till the end!