Chapter 17

By Your Side

Realizing that Taeyeon did not lock her door, Hansoo decided to slowly peek inside, “Taeyeon-ssi?”

Taeyeon who was covering her head with a pillow hastily got up, fixing the creases on her dress. “Mrs. Park,” she bowed after tucking stray strands of hair behind her ear. The girl did not fail to notice that Hansoo had a bowl of breakfast in her hands.

“Please call me Auntie from now on, neh?” Mrs. Park slowly walked up to Taeyeon.

“Neh, Auntie,” Taeyeon said with tons of awkwardness in her voice.

The older lady sat on the bed and with her free hand, she patted the space in front of her—gesturing Taeyeon to do the same. “Here, dear.”

Taeyeon warily sat in front of her boss’s mother in her bed.

Hansoo began, “Sorry about my son, Taeyeon-ssi. He doesn’t usually lose his manners and temper like that.”

Taeyeon wanted to protest, “Doesn’t usually lose his manners?! His temper?!” but the good girl she is, she just politely nodded.

“He told me to bring you breakfast,” Mrs. Park finally held out the bowl with both her hands. “I heard you two haven’t even had dinner.”

Taeyeon gratefully but confusedly received it. “Kamsahamnida, Auntie,” she said.

Mrs. Park waved her hands in front of her and shook her head, “Oh, no. Tell that to Jungsoo. It was his idea, after all. Eat, dear.”

Taeyeon doubted the old lady’s words but she decided to let it pass, though not after thinking, “HA! I bet my life that Jungsoo-ssi has got nothing to do with bringing me breakfast here!”

While Taeyeon stared at the bowl of food in her hands, Hansoo spoke up once again, “Thank you, Kim Taeyeon-ssi..”

Flabbergasted, Taeyeon looked up. She asked, “Neh?” Mrs. Park’s words seemed out of the blue.

“I would love to have a daughter like you,” Mrs. Park reached out to comb Taeyeon’s hair dearly. She sighed, “Your boyfriend, Kangin.. He is sooo lucky.”

Taeyeon’s eyebrows met in confusion but she managed to stutter out, “H-Huh, A-Auntie?”

With that, the older lady went out her room and outside the house without any proper farewells to the two younger people.

 

Taeyeon entered Leeteuk’s room and collected the dirty dishes he used for breakfast.

The man was still lying in bed as his condition still wasn’t normal. He watched Taeyeon do her job, observing each move of hers, waiting if she’s gonna send him a signal of any kind that would indicate if she was still mad or not.

With loud clinking and clanking noises, Taeyeon put the dirty equipmens to a tray and headed to the door without any word to Leeteuk. With the tray in her hands, she put out a foot to open the door & walked away wordlessly.

All that was left was a guilty-feeling Leeteuk who huffed in frustration after catching Taeyeon’s signal that she is still mad.

Despite the heavy feeling in his body, Leeteuk tried to get up to talk things out with Taeyeon. He quietly walked to the kitchen where Taeyeon continued to make disturbing noises with the dinnerwares and silverwares that she was washing.

Leeteuk took in a huge deal of oxygen before he opened his mouth to say, “Taeyeon-ssi?”

Without even bothering to turn back to look at him, Taeyeon put the plates down and said, “Mwoh?! What do you need?! I’m doing the dishes!”

Oh, she’s mad alright.

The man couldn’t utter a single word, surprised by Taeyeon’s outburst.

“Jungsoo-ssi, come back and talk to me when you can say something already.”

Even though she can’t see her face, Leeteuk assumed thatTaeyeon was smirking like there was no tomorrow.

The girl the faucet and continued with what she was doing, still making noises, still mad.

 

A few hours later, Taeyeon entered Leeteuk’s room again but now with vacuum cleaner in her hands. “I’ll clean the room. Stay still,” she said icily, still avoiding meeting gazes with her employer.

“Taeyeon-ssi..”

Taeyeon operated the vacuum cleaner and started reaching down to vacuum the carpeted floor. “Neh?” she asked, fixing her eyes on what she was doing.

Unbeknownst to himself, Leeteuk slightly pouted at the unfavorable response. He tried to get Taeyeon to look at him once again, “Taeyeon-ssi..”

Taeyeon audibly sighed, then asked, “MWORAGOYO?! WAEYO?! WHAT?!” She dramatically dropped the vacuum cleaner from her hands and stomped towards Leeteuk who was seated on his bed with her hands on her waist.

Cringing from the intensity of Taeyeon’s voice, Leeteuk slightly lurched backwards. “Why are you shouting?!” he asked.

“Then why do you just keep calling my name without saying anything?!” Taeyeon eyed him with obvious irritation.

Leeteuk raised his chin, trying to level with Taeyeon in terms of authoritativity. “Why aren’t you looking at me when I was calling you?!”

After a deep sigh of frustration, Taeyeon asked again, “Why should I look at you, then?!”

As the last ounce of patience and self-control left Leeteuk’s system, he asked loudly, “Why did you have to call my mom?!”

Softly now, Taeyeon helplessly pointed out and asked, “Why is it so bad to look after you? Why?”

The man opened his mouth to say something but all tht left his lips was a quiet and defeated “Why..” Leeteuk was now at a loss for words as he absorbed Taeyeon’s words.

Taeyeon’s expressions oftened as she searched Leeteuk’s eyes for answers. “Why is it so hard for you to apologize? To say thank you?” She then exited his room, worstening the guilt that was eating Leeteuk up from the inside.

Leeteuk closed his eyes and massaged his temples when Taeyeon’s presence disappeared before him. From his room, he heard Taeyeon slamming her room’s door close.


Oh nooo, they got in a somewhat huge fight -_- Guys, what do you think is hindering them from making up? I, personally, think it is plain PRIDE. When you have two people like Taeyeon and Leeteuk with equally strong personality and relatively the same huge ego, you’re looking at total CHAOS. LOL :D It’s a good thing that Mrs. Park Hansoo isn’t adding to the trouble. /sigh Anyway, next chapter will have a lot of drama like this one, too. I hope you liked this chappie, readers! Tell me how you feel or what you think about the story, okay? ^^