Chapter 14

By Your Side

Taeyeon arrived at Leeteuk’s condominium at around 7:35PM.

“What to do? What to do?” Taeyeon walked around the house with a finger on her chin. She decided to do her weekly general cleaning and picked up a broom. After several minutes of cleaning, wiping, sweeping & mopping, the sound of her phone ringing forced her to stop.

Taeyeon rushed to her room and dove on her bed for her cellphone.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Taeyeon-ah!” the caller sounded familiar—really familiar. Taeyeon felt her heart race.

 Taeyeon rolled over so that she was now staring at the ceiling with a smile plastered on her face. “Kangin oppa! You called!”

“How’ve you been? You haven’t been calling me,” there was a slight tinge of disappointment in her boyfriend’s voice.

“I’ve been very busy, oppa. Mianhaeyo, that guy’s been enslaving me,” Taeyeon kidded.

“Jinjja?” worry was written all over the guy’s voice.

“Oh, no no. I was just kidding,” Taeyeon bit on her nail, nervous that her Kangin oppa might have taken the joke seriously. It was clearly a bad joke.

“When can you take a day-off to meet me?” Kangin asked.

“Uhmmm..” Taeyeon counted the days on her fingers and said, “I’ll just ask the old man’s (Leeteuk’s) permission. Tomorrow, maybe. What do you think, oppa?”

“Will he allow you? Do you still really have to ask for his permission? It’s a weekend tomorrow, though,” Kangin said.

Taeyeon sighed, “I have to ask his permission.. We have some kind of rules here, mianhaeyo. I’m really sorry, Kangin oppa. I’m 80% sure that he’ll allow me, though. Don’t worry.”

“Arasseo, arasseo. Go and make that a 100%,” Kangin laughed on the other end of the line.

Taeyeon unconsciously patted her tummy as she said, “Neh, oppa. I’m cleaning now. I’m really really really really glad that you called me, though! Bye!”

“Already?” Kangin disappointedly asked.

“We’ll see each other tomorrow, oppa!” Taeyeon laughed. “I’m hanging up now. Bye!”

“Bye!”

The two dropped the call and Taeyeon immediately got up to resume her activities.

An hour later, the house was spotless—thanks to Taeyeon’s unexplainable restlessness.

Tired & worn out, she decided to lie on the living room couch and watch television to relieve the stress. Taeyeon was surfing the channels but she slowly drifted off to sleep with the television still and the remote control still in her hands.

 

Before he unlocked the door of his house, Leeteuk looked at the time 11:28PM. Weird. Why can he still hear some people talking inside? Did that middle schooler invite people over without asking his permission?

Leeteuk furiously unlocked the door and turned the knob—ready to scold the socks off of Taeyeon. “Yah! What do you think--”

He was not able to continue as he noticed that it was only the television he was hearing. Leeteuk looked at the couch and saw Taeyeon sleeping with her hand dangling and the remote on the floor. “Aish!” Leeteuk cursed under his breath as he turned the television off. Taeyeon’s ponytail was now loosely hanging across her shoulder with a few stray strands resting above her cheekbones.

Leeteuk removed his shoes and loosened his tie. He decided to change his clothes first before doing something about Taeyeon. On his short short short trip to his room, he can’t help but notice something different—the whole place smelled nice, there was not one piece of clutter in sight and the carpet felt free of grains of sand and dust. Hm.

Leeteuk took off his clothes and opened his closet. “Whoah~” he can’t help but gape at the extraordinary organized-ness of his coats, polos, jeans, slacks, even his underwear. Leeteuk blushed in embarrassment at the thought of Taeyeon folding his underwear. “That girl..” he hissed under his breath. Even though he wanted to get mad, he was smart to realize that Taeyeon meant good. It was a part of her stupid job, though. Their stupid deal.

He walked back to the living room and attempted to wake Taeyeon up. The scene reminded him so much of his first night with this girl. “She even swore that this would not happen again,” Leeteuk shook his head.

For the second time, Leeteuk took Taeyeon in his arms and walked towards the girl’s room, past the door of his bedroom. “You’re lucky the house was clean and pristine,” Leeteuk smirked at the sleeping figure in his arms.

As he was about to step in..

“Second Rule. Never go inside my room again,” Taeyeon’s voice resounded inside his head, as if warning him that what he’s about to do is prohibited.

Leeteuk growled, “Stupid girl. Stupid rule.” He turned around and walked to his room, instead. He laid Taeyeon’s body down his bed and tucked the blankets under her properly. He raised his hands as if to slap Taeyeon’s forehead and muttered, “Useless tiny middle schooler.” Leeteuk shook his head and snatched one pillow under Taeyeon’s head.

“To the couch, then,” he sighed as he took one last look at Taeyeon who seemed to have not been bothered by all the carrying and hushed words from Leeteuk. She looked so peaceful with the steady movement of her chest.

So the night ended with Taeyeon sleeping at Leeteuk’s bed and Leeteuk sleeping at the couch—totally unsuitable after the three consecutive nights of working overtime.

 

The next morning..

Taeyeon tossed and turned in her bed. Hmm, feels good.

She buried her face on the pillow and inhaled its sweet familiar scent. Hmm, smells awesome.

The girl slightly smiled, though her eyes remained shut. Taeyeon rolled over so that her tummy was against the bed and she hugged the pillow tighter, savoring the fragrance that now became Taeyeon’s favorite—a mix between a man’s strong perfume and the contrary sweet scent of banana gum. She snuggled closer to the soft thing and started to stretch her legs, straightening them while wiggling her toes.

Taeyeon made a slight grunt of relief. She gradually let go of the awesome-smelling pillow and raised her hands as she totally tried to wake her body up. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and a white ceiling greeted her. A white ceiling.

A tiny shriek escaped her lips as she quickly turned her head to the sides. Oh no. White walls. White bed sheets. White furniture. White everything.

Taeyeon’s upper body immediately shot up as she simultaneously realized where exactly she was. Leeteuk’s room.

She weakly raised a hand to lay a palm on her forehead, trying hard to remember how in the world she got here. “How in the world..?!” she asked herself as she threw the blankets away from her legs.

Without even bothering to make the bed, Taeyeon ran outside in search for the room’s owner, in search of questions.

Her eyes roamed around the house and stopped at the sleeping Leeteuk.

The man’s arms were folded across his chest, biceps really obvious. Is he really sleeping? What an attractive sleeping position.

Seeing Leeteuk, Taeyeon was left to wonder how she looks like when she sleeps. Whatever.

Taeyeon ran to the bathroom to wash her face first before walking up to the couch where Leeteuk slept.

“Leeteuk-ssi,” she called, more like a whisper but nevertheless, Leeteuk’s eyes flew open.

“Neh?” Leeteuk sat up with his eyebrows meeting at the center, a sign of pain.

“You can go back inside your room, thanks,” Taeyeon said as she wiggled her toes, watching as she did.

It seemed like Leeteuk did not hear what Taeyeon said for he was busy massaging the back of his neck still with that pained look in his face. “Huh?” he looked up with Taeyeon as he bent his neck sideways.

Taeyeon asked guiltily, “Your neck hurts?”

Leeteuk stood up, causing Taeyeon to take a step back. He responded to Taeyeon’s question with a slow nod.

“Ehhhhhh! Mianhae!” Taeyeon rubbed her hands in front of her, apologizing and bowing at the same time. If she had not fallen asleep on the couch, Leeteuk could’ve slept comfortably.

Leeteuk answered with a weak laugh.

Then suddenly, Taeyeon jumped in her place and clapped her hand once. “Stay here! Wait here and stay right here!” she quickly ran to the kitchen and came back with something in his hand.

Leeteuk looked at the girl with confusion. What is this girl up to?

“Here,” Taeyeon handed him a small bottle.

The man read the label: Muscle Pain Ointment. He shook the bottle in front of Taeyeon’s face and said, “Komawoyo.”

“Hey, I’m really sorry,” Taeyeon pouted.

Leeteuk smirked and said, “You and your stupid rules.”

“You can go back inside your room to rest. I’ll just call you when breakfast is ready, neh? Peace offering!” Taeyeon tried to force out a smile but Leeteuk was not totally convinced.

He nodded and slowly walked to his room, closing the door behind him.

Taeyeon helplessly watched as he did and shortly afterwards, she lazily dragged herself to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.


GYAAAHHH! *giggles* I hope you like this chapter! :) By the way, next chapter’s gonna be a direct continuation of this one. Be reminded of that, arasseo? By the way, please do participate in the poll below, okay? THANK YOU! :)

Currently, I'm writing three (oh yes, three) stories all at the same time so, readers, i hope you'll continue to put up with my sloooooow updates. You, guys, are really really good at enduring me and my poor updates/writing. Teeheehe :D Anyway, if you have the time, feel free to check out my latest fanfic. It's a HaeFany minifanfic entitled Game Over, a prequel-sequel-special to another previous work of mine (Destiny's Game) and I still have not published it's first chappie.

Click HERE if you would like to have a preview of Game Over, the latest HaeFany minifanfic of yours truly :)



COMMENT REPLIES

@christinyweenie. chingu!~ :D jinjja? jinjja? this is one of your faves? OH! /rushes to give you a big hug

@dsvsvf. thanks for the encouragement and i really feel honored to recieve such compliment :) actually i was planning to write a TaeTeuk fic and make them SM employees in it but I thought, 'Too many authors have written such..' it's a good thing that i chose to go with this plot then, neh? :3

@ParkEunIn, @SonELF2gether. thanks for leaving a comment and here is another update!~ i hope you weren't waiting sick for my slow updates, kekeke~ >:D

@shanaa12. HAHAHAH! nice idea, dearie! i promise to try my very best to live up to your expectations fom the antagonist! /salutes

@NaMinoSonElf. LOL :D you have a point there.. Teukie is just absent-mindedly looking out for Taeyeon too much, doncha think? :)

@lisandyyn. here's the update now, loyal subber! :P thanks for liking those little things i put in there!

@nerdscandy. hello there! thanks for the sub and i hope you enjoyed reading my latest chappie ;) /bows in gratitude

@SooSunSica. awwww, you really think so? :") komawo for reassuring me~ /hug

@HeeSicaLin. yah! why you give me puppy eyes? HAHAHA! no need to thank me, dearie!~ the pleasure is mine, THANKS!