Chapter 14

I hate you

 

 

You grab your hoodie and put it on,grab your wallet and cellphone and check yourself in the mirror. Just then your phone rings.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"I'm outside your gate." Sehun said. "Should I enter?"

 

"Mwo?! Aniyo!" You quickly retorted. "I..I can meet you outside."  

 

'Hell no he enters this house. With the pictures hanging,he knows that I'm married to his best friend!'

 

"Oookkaaay..I'm waiting.." and he chuckles before ending the call.

 

You give yourself one last look in the mirror before trudging down the staircase and out of the door.

 

"Need a ride Mrs Kim?" Your butler ask as he opens the car door for you.

 

"No,it's fine. Imma just walk." As you wave him goodbye as you run down the big pavement. 'Oh god why must the entrance be so big! The gate is freaking far away!'  you think to yourself as you run downhill.

The gate opens and you casually walks outside,straightening back your hair that has become wild as you ran just now. Sehun is waiting for you below a shady tree,his hands in his pocket. You walk up to him and take a deep breathe.

 

"Yo."

 

Sehun turns around and smiles. "Ready?"

 

You nod as both of you walks down the street.

 

"Where's the amusement park?" You ask him.

 

"Just around the corner. Don't tell me you don't know there's an amusement park. You live in this area." He said as he looks at weirdly.

 

'I just moved to this area a few months ago after I married Kai!' you wanted to say out loud but instead you just shrug.

 

Sehun chuckles and you two continued walking.

 

"Why the sudden asking me out to go to amusement park,Sehun?" You ask.

 

"Well,I thought of hanging out with Kai. But when I went to his house, his appa said he's not around." He said as he kicks a small rock. "But the strange thing is...when I went inside his room,well..let's just say...he is not a neat person."

 

You nod in understanding as you yourself experience his unhygienic self. The way he just throws everything around in the room. That brings a smile onto your face.

 

"But...his room was utterly neat! and tidy! No dirty laundries,no books scattered!There's still some clothes in his closet...but it's all the clothes that he rarely wears. I wonder if he had moved out...and where..." Sehun rub his chin,trying to figure things out.

 

"Uh...oh,who knows..I don't know him." You lied as you let out a small nervous laugh.

 

"Hmm...yeah,you're right. I might just ask him myself when I meet him again." Sehun concluded and you let out a relief breathe.

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

"You should see the look on that stall owner's face when I hit the bulls eye!" Sehun chuckled as we walk around the amusement park again after an intense game of Shoot The Alien!

 

Sehun had win you a plush toy of unicorn as a regard of thank you for going out with him. You take it and hug it nicely.You and Sehun had spent the whole day at the amusement park,from riding thrill rides,to haunted houses and the merry-go-round. Yes, The merry-go-round. Sehun look at the time and realise it's half an hour till 9pm. You finally take out your phone out to check any messages and you almost drop your phone when you saw the numbers of missed calls. All from Kai! 25 missed calls and 5 messages!

 

 

'I'm coming home in about an hour's time. You cook anything for your lovely husband? :P'

 

'Yah,did you went out?!'

 

'Oh Hani! Where are you?! '

 

'Oh Hani you better pick up my calls!!!'

 

'Fine. You're with Sehun aren't you? So be it.'

 

 

The last message made your heart sank. 'holy ' you thought. 'He is so mad!'  You have the urge to call him back but a sudden hand grabbing your wrist made you look up to see who it was.

 

"Come on! Let's get onto the ferris wheel before the amusement park closes down." Sehun said happily.

 

You stare at him as he pulls you into the ferris wheel,when the gate closes and the ride starts to move, you stare at Sehun the whole time. How happy he looks,how his eyes crinkled as he looks outside as the ferris wheel goes higher and higher. Suddenly it hits you like a pang. Guilt. You feel so guilty that you wish the ferris wheel's bottom would open up and let you fall,fall to the ground and the ground will swallows you. You feel like you're cheating on Kai, and secondly you feel that you are leading this innocent boy infront of you. Giving him hope. You know all of this needs to stop. Even if it will hurt either parties.

 

"What are you thinking about?" Sehun suddenly ask,his forehead creased as he looks at you worriedly.

 

"Huh?Aniya..just..." You tried to think of something. You quickly look outside and realise that you are already high above the ground,oversseing the peaceful neighbourhood. "Just appreciating the beautiful scenery..." You sigh. It is indeed,beautiful, but your heart is still racing because of the guilt you're feeling.

 

Sehun smiles and continue to gaze at you. He leans back and sigh.

 

"Beautiful. Beautiful indeed..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

"Well that was fun." Sehun said as you and him walk out of the amusement park,entering the park connectors.

 

You can only nod.

 

"You know,we should do this more often, like go on a da-"

 

You don't want to hurt him anymore and you know you don't want to hear what he has to say next. You know if you drag this any longer,the wound would be bigger.

 

"Sehun." you cut him off. Both of you stop walking and You turn to look at him and he returns your gaze with a confused look. He his head to the side cutely. Like a little boy.

 

"We're just friends.....right?" You ask him softly as your heart beats rapidly.

 

You felt your tears of guilt building up and you quickly blink them away. You see Sehun's expression turns from clueless, to a painful miserable sadness and quickly it changes to a sad smile. Oh,you couldn't feel any more crueler at that moment.

 

"O-of course..." He choked,and then quickly clears his throat. He look away for a second and you know he was trying to fight back tears. He then look back at you smiling,his nose getting redder.

 

"Haha..mianhae...a dust went inside my eye..." He pretended to rub his eyes.

 

You look down and sigh.

 

"I...I have someone else,Sehun.." You confessed. It's time to tell him that you're taken. You waited for him to reply but all you hear was a soft sniffle.

 

"I...like him." You continued,too scared to look up and look at Sehun.

 

"No...I..Love him."

 

There was silence and Sehun not replying was making you frustrated.

 

"S-say something."

 

You heard him blew out a jaggered breathe. "S...som..someone I know...?"

 

"N..no." You lied. You wouldn't want to tell him; 'yes,infact,he is your best friend. Kai. that's right. Kai. We're actually married ,you see.'  That would just break the boy's heart.

 

You look up and see Sehun looking at somewhere else,him sniffling. He just gave a small nod.

 

"I'm sorry..." You apologised but you heard Sehun snickered and gave a small laugh.

 

"Wae are you apologizing for...Like you said, we're just friends." He said spitefully.

 

Those words hits you hard and you feel like crying right there and there.

 

"Hope you two last long..." He said before he starts to walk the other direction.

 

 

You wanted to call after him but good is there to it?You watch as he his figure begins to fade away,becoming smaller and smaller. You started walking the other direction and tears began to fall. Eventhough you felt relief that it's finally over, you're sad that you lose a friend that is so dear to you...

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

The main door slam shut,vibrating through the whole house.

 

"Honey,you're home?" A middle-aged woman comes out from the kitchen. Her son just ignores her and walk past her hurriedly.

 

"Honey,what's wrong?Tell umma please?"

 

The boy continued to ignore his mother as he furiously walk up to the bathroom and slam the door behind him. He stares at his own reflection,tears stained his now red cheeks, his nose and eyes are bloody-red. He feels his anger building up as he recalls what had happened earlier.

 


"Honey,if you don't wanna talk to me,it's fine. But maybe you would want to talk to your brother? You know,Umma is worried. You have never gotten angry before..since that day.."

 

"I'm fine." The boy replied harshly.

 

"Just talk to your brother. He knows how to calm you down."

 

The boy leans against the wall and slowly slide down to the floor,he took out his phone and dial the number he knows by heart. A few rings was heard but no one answers. The person he calls just rejected his call! He tried again and still,the person rejected. He throws his phone in anger and the phone hits the wall and smashes to the floor.

 

"Honey...have you called your brother?"

 

"He's not picking up. Leave me alone,Umma!"

 

"Control yourself Honey...eat your medicine."

 

The boy stands up and pick up the bottle of pills on top of the sink. He stares at it,he stares at how his name is printed on it. He uncaps it and walk up to the toilet. Slowly,he tilts the bottle,letting all the pills to fall into the toilet bowl. He flush it all down and smile in satisfaction.

 

"Have you eaten it,Honey?" his umma ask from outside.

 

"Yes,Umma..." He replies as smirk at the now empty bottle.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

>.<

 

Whatcha think?! :O

 

 

Comment and subscribe~