Chapter 19

I hate you

 

 

"Did you tell him about our secret or something?" You half whispered,not wanting to get Sehun's attention.

 

Kai just shook his head and both of you flinched as a loud crash is heard from downstairs.You cling onto Kai as he try to calm you down,one arm infront of you,protecting you if anything happens. Kai then see his phone nearby and slowly heads towards it,trying to not make a sound.

 

"Kai! You better get down here before I come up!" Sehun's growled as more sounds of glass breaking is heard.

 

Kai slowly reach out for his phone and starts to dial Sehun's mom. It rang a few times but nobody is picking up.

 

"Come on...please. pick up the phone....pleasee." Kai begged softly,hoping for a miracle to happen.

 

"Dont go wasting your time trying to get security or your maids for help. I've knocked them out,dear Kai." Sehun said,his tone was calm but there was a hint of iciness in it. "Oh and please don't go hiding the precious Hani from me. I know she's here."

 

Kai's phone dropped to the floor,creating a soft thud but Sehun heard it.

 

"." Kai cursed under his breath as he quickly pick up his phone and put it inside his pocket. He turns to look at you who is now shivering in fear.

"What are we going to do..." You quivered and Kai looks around,thinking of a way.

 

"Are you two in your rooms?That you sleep together in?!" Sehun shouted.He then began laughing in a scary way and both of you can hear him climbing up the stairs. "I'm coming up~"

 

You panicked as you look around trying to figure out what to do. As you stay rooted to the floor, you feel Kai pushing you towards the bathroom in a frantic manner.

 

"Go in there,and go out from the other door,into the other room. Ok?" Kai instructed,pushing you into the connecting bathroom. "Once you hear Sehun come in this way, I want you to run out, go down, out of this house and go get help."

 

By now you are in a crying mess as you cling onto Kai's arm. "What about you?"

 

 "Don't worry about me. I can handle Sehun."

 

And with that,Kai closes the door and te last thing you saw was Sehun standing at the doorway holding a handgun.

 


 

 

 

"Sehun,what are you doing with that gun...put it down.." Kai said as he leans back against the door,incase Sehun tries to open it. He secretly hope you have done what he has told you to and that now you're safe. "How did you even manage to get that..." Kai laughed nervously,trying to change the atmosphere in the room.

 

"Where's Hani?" Sehun asks as he dangles the handgun around,ignoring Kai. His hair is disheveled and his eyes are puffy,probably from crying too much.

 

"What are you talking about..." 

 

"Just cut the crap,Kai. I know everything." Sehun spat out as he walks around the room. "You know,at first I was so naive." He turn and look at Kai,his eyes are dead yet cold. "When at first,you said you have a girlfriend,I didn't think anything about it. But then you were starting to act different. You began to drift away from the group,and everytime I talk about Hani,your whole body stiffens. I really wanted to just ignore it but then at the party last night,your true colours finally came out.  I saw you getting all jealous,all angry." Sehun stares straight into Kai's eyes,sending shivers down Kai's spine. " And then you insisted on taking Hani home!" Sehun said loudly,his voice boomed across the room.

 

"I was curious so I followed you. You sent her home. Yeah you did. But you never came out from the house!" Sehun shouted and pointed the handgun at Kai,Kai getting scared. "So I asked the guard and he said Mr. and Mrs Kim's residence. So you two are married?!" Sehun step closer towards Kai.

 

"Sehun...."

 

"You betrayed me! You lied to me! You know how much I like her!" Sehun is now crying,as he puts the gun near to Kai's jawline. Kai gulped as he try to not move an inch.

 

"Sehun...we...we're brothers aren't we..." Kai croaked.

 

It took Sehun a few moments before moving back,groaning in frustration.

 

"Aaaarrgh! Don't use that term if you have lied to me!" Sehun shouted as half of him wants to shoot Kai but the other half is holding back.

 

Kai sigh as Sehun has move away from him but he is still cautious. He slowly moves forward. "Sehun.." He calls out softly. "Have you eaten your medicine...?"

 

Upon hearing that,Sehun started laughing. He sat down at the bed and continue laughing,once in a while playing aroound with his handgun. Kai gulps nervously as he reminds himself to stay a few feet away from Sehun. 

 

"I gave up on them long time ago. Flush them all down the drain." Sehun says,still laughing.

 

"What? Sehun! you know those are the pills that make you normal!" Kai says as he couldn't believe what Sehun did.
 

 

Sehun turns and glares at Kai,his eyes are now bloody red. 

 

"So you're saying I'm weird?! I'm not normal?! That I have a sickness that makes me go crazy?!" Sehun barks as he stands up.

 

"No...I meant it will calms you down. Sehun,listen to me. This is not you. You have to take the pill." Kai advised as he take a step forward towards Sehun.

 

"No!!" Sehun shut his eyes and pointed the gun right infront of Kai's forehead. "D-..don't come any closer.." Sehun wipe his tears away and holds his gun firmly.

 

"Sehun...don't be like this...let's go and get your meds..." 

 

"No. once we're out, you're gonna surrender me. You're gonna betray me again!"

 

"I won't do that,Sehun. Remember my promise...?"

 

 


 

 

 

"Come on,Kai! Don't be such a slowpoke!" A 10 year old Sehun shouted,calling out his best friend,Kai who is walking slowly,not even making an effort to catch up to Sehun who is happily running across the snowy pathway,both his stubby hands tucked inside his coat and he covers his face with a red warm scarf.

 

"Ya! Be careful! Umma has made me promised that there will not be a single scratch on you when you get home!" The tanned 10 year old one,Kai, nagged as he rub his hands together to keep warm,as well as trying to avoid slippery parts of the pathway.

 

Sehun stopped running as he wait for his best friend. Once Kai is beside him,he smiles.

 

"I just can't wait to give this snow globe to Appa!He's coming back today after a loooooong business trip." Sehun cheered as he shows Kai a small snow globe he take out from his coat. Kai take a look and see inside the snow globe there's a man sitting on a bench and on his lap there's a small boy. Kai looks closer and see that the man is actually reading a book to his little boy. Kai shakes it and little snows starts floating around.

 

"Hey hey be careful with that! you see the figurines inside? that's me and appa! when I was seven he used to read me storybooks at the park."

 

Kai just shrug as he actually never meet his best friend's father before. Sehun's father has always been away,just like his own, but Sehun's is worse. When Sehun and Kai first met,Kai thought Sehun didn't have a father. That's how Kai naturally had this instinct to protect Sehun,like an older brother.

 

"Come on! We're only a few houses away." Sehun said excitedly,once again starts to walk faster. The two boys starts to play tag and run towards Sehun's house.

 

"Umma~ We're hoooome~" Sehun chirped as he enters the house,stomping his two little feet to dust off the snows on his boots,Kai following from behind.

 

Kai s his jacket and walkd forward but bumped into Sehun who is standing very still infront of him. Kai chuckled and push Sehun slightly.

 

"Yah,move!" Kai joked but his smile fades right when his eyes rested on the house. "Wha..."

 

The house is a mess,papers everywhere, broken things and furnitures not in the right positions. The house is eerily quiet and dark,Kai sensing something wrong and in an instant move infront of Sehun,protecting him.

 

"Stay behind me,Hun."

 

"U...umma...?" Sehun croaked,calling out his mom.

 

Suddenly a door slamming loudly was heard from upstairs sending the two boys to jump in surprise. A heavy footstep is heard and a figure walks down from the stairs. Kai looks and see a man in suit,a briefcase by his side and some papers on his other hand. He then see Sehun's mom rushing behind,crying. Sehun's mom grab the man's arm but the man just shrug her off.

 

"Appa!" Kai hears Sehun scream from behind him. Before he could react,Sehun has run towards the man and hug him tightly.

 


 

"Appa you're home!" The innocent little boy smiled as he look up at his father.

 

Instead of hugging back,the man pushed his son away,by the head. "Move."

 

The little boy fell to the floor,with a soft whimper,feeling rejected. His mother quickly come to his aid and hug him tightly,kissing his forehead.

 

"Umma why is appa acting strange..." The little boy asked his mother,his nose turning red and his eyes starts to get watery. The mother couldn't reply as she tries to supress her tears and just hug her son.

 

"If you don't sign the papers,I'll sell this house. And you'll be homeless." The man said,as he takes out a pen and hand it to the woman.

 

"What about Sehun? Don't you pity him?" The woman pleads.

 

The man look at his son,emotionless. Even when his son slowly reach out for his hand,he stayed expressionless.

 

'I don't care about him." He said straightforwardly,making the little boy stop his action halfway,his hands dropped as he look at his father in disbelief. His father then look away and shove the papers towards the woman.

 

"Just sign this damn divorce papers and everything will be settled! You can keep this house for you and this kid to live in!" He shouted,making the little boy scared and burst into tears.

 

With a heavy heart,the woman signs the paper and the man smiles in satisfaction as he grab the papers and put it inside his briefcase.


"After this,don't even think of finding me or contacting me." He simply said as he lock his briefcase and starts heading out.

 

"I hope you're happy with that other woman." The woman said weakly.

 

"Of course I will. She's not you." He said icily and she burst into tears.

 


 

Sehun's father pass by Kai who is at the doorway like he's not even there. He doesn't really understand what had just happened but he is matured enough to know that Sehun's father will never come back,ever.

 

"Appa!!" Sehun ran after his dad, even when his mother calls him, he ignores and runs outside. Kai quickly follows from behind.

 

"Appa!!" Sehun wailed and his father stop and look at him.

 

"I bought you this!" Sehun said half breatheless,half crying and he tries to take out the snow globe inside his coat,he struggles as his hands are already icy cold. Finally he takes it out but it slipped through his hands, and fall onto the hard platform,breaking into pieces.

 

Sehun looked down at the broken pieces,staring at it in disbelief. "No.... no..."

 

"Oh well,look. It's broken. Just like this family," Sehun's father shrugged and went inside his car.

 

"No appa! Don't leave!" Sehun pleads as he bangs on the door. "Appa!!"

 

Sehun's father starts the engine and drive off,not even glancing back. Sehun was about to run after him,but a figure block him. It's Kai.

 

"Appa!Appa!!" Sehun cried. "Appaaaaaa!"

 


 

Since then,the 10 year old Sehun have nightmares every time he fell asleep,he doesn't want to eat,he doesn't want to play, even when Kai comes everyday to try and cheer him up. One day, Sehun had a high fever and was sent to the hospital. He began to scream and cry at random times, he will have panic attacks, and sometimes he will mumble 'don't go' in his nightmares,waking up in cold sweats.

 

 

"I'm afraid your son is diagnosed with Athazagoraphobia." The doctor break the news to Sehun's mom,with Kai beside her.

"Athazagoraphobia is basically an uncontrollable fear to be forgotten, ignored or abandoned. The patient cannot control his or her feelings. Additionally, a person can become isolated to avoid the anxiety of being forgotten, or live with the burden that they must do anything in their hands to avoid being forgotten by the people they know or care about. This can even cause uncontrollable panic attacks. It can also leads to depression,which your son has. It also can cause anger, and split personality."

 

"But...why?" Sehun's mom asked,as she tries to hold back her tears.

 

"Athazagoraphobia is usually caused by a combination of traumatic events and the genetics of a person. Most specific phobias are usually related to a specific event that triggers the fear; these traumatic experiences often occur at an early age or are extremely shocking."

 

Kai slouch back against his chair and recalls back what Sehun's father did and he clench his teeth in anger. He feels that it is unfair for Sehun to go through this.

 

"I suggest for now, just always be by his side,never leave him alone and entertain him, so that he will not try and remember any traumatic events. " The doctor advised. " I will also prescibe some medicines for him to take,it is important for him to take it so that he will not lose control."

 


 

"How are you,Sehun-ah?" Kai tiptoes beside Sehun's hospital bed.

 

Sehun just kept quiet,pouting. Kai sees a banana at the table at the end of the room and he heads towars it.

 

"Don't go." Sehun said,

 

Kai stopped midway and turns. "I was just going to take the bana-" "Don't go."

 

"Ok. I'm right here. Not going anywhere. I promise." Kai said as he walks back towards his best friend.

 

"I'm not normal,right?" Sehun said emotionlessly,

 

"what?no..."

 

"They said I have a sickness."

 

"Don't listen to them!" Kai said as he climb up a chair,sitting beside Sehun.

 

"I promise I'll protect you and never let anyone.I repeat,anyone to hurt you! Wherever you go,I'll go."

 

"Even if I die?" Sehun asks,but a small smile is plastered on his face. That is the first smile Kai witness after that incident,and Kai couldn't help but to smile along.

 

"Even if you die,"

 

"Promise?" Sehun stick out his pinky to Kai and Kai returns it.

 

"Promise."


 

 

 

 

Finally a chapter!

How is everybody? I'm finally back! for real,now I hope.

I really don't want this story to end! :(

And finally we all know what's Sehun's sickness is. 

If you know anybody with Athazagoraphobia  

please don't ignore them,ok?

Now let me wish you guys an early Happy New Year! ^^

 

 

Comment and subscribe!

Love,

Starbit